• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so increase all the mana cost for his abilities? or nerf his int gain
make his base strength worse I think would do it

force him to rush bkb unless he likes being blown up by any support with a nuke, give right clickers a ether chance with him 1v1 early

but yours works too

kionedrik

noooooooooooooo

you don't nerf all the good things about him

you make one of his weaknesses worse

He is (too) good at any point of the game. He has a good laning presence, excellent mid game, very good late game, excellent 1v1, good team fight, excellent split push.

Honestly, he needs nerfs all around in order to be balanced.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The total number of shrapnel charges should scale, so you can't just hit level 3/5 and instantly let off a set of 3 charges. Also the spell should cost 75 per cast.

Sniper should be good in the late game, but right now his laning is to good. Maybe also shave off 5ms and like 2 strength.

Sure it's possible but considering the heroes skill set not sure why you would

Just feels like there comes a point in the late game where it'd be nice to go from lane to lane, pushing and nuking, without going to base in between. Not that it takes much time at all to tp to fountain, regen and tp back out, but every little helps :p

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Just feels like there comes a point in the late game where it'd be nice to go from lane to lane, pushing and nuking, without going to base in between. Not that it takes much time at all to tp to fountain, regen and tp back out, but every little helps :p

isn't the fact that you have to make fountain pitstops part of what keeps him from being basically unstoppable?

Hupsel

Team Lunaifu Boys promises not to pick Techies or Silencer for the good of the game and in respect for our millions of fans worldwide.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Team Lunaifu Boys promises not to pick Techies or Silencer for the good of the game and in respect for our millions of fans worldwide.
Hey, let's not get hasty here with these claims, we can't let the other team get away with all melee or spell based team fight. Next you are going to say we aren't going to pick sniper.

The total number of shrapnel charges should scale, so you can't just hit level 3/5 and instantly let off a set of 3 charges. Also the spell should cost 75 per cast.

Sniper should be good in the late game, but right now his laning is to good. Maybe also shave off 5ms and like 2 strength.

I kinda feel the opposite. Sniper should be really good in lane, but shouldn't scale all that well. might not be at thematically consistent, but I don't think you can make his early game much worse and still have the hero be viable. Additionally, I think he'd need a full remake to properly rebalance him. Hero's kinda odd.

Perhaps a hero level-based scaling on attack range? in conjunction with shrapnel changes, cause that shit is ridiculous.

Mordeccai

I love it when you get a team mate raging at you after a losing match for 'stealing' their mid. Despite randoming DP, mapping mid, and having this dude last pick QoP after we already have three cores up.

Then, after going 0-7 and ending a 40 minute match with null tali, staff of wizardry, and treads, and 53 (!!!) last hits, dude has the gall to say DP fucked the game up report pls.

Moppet13

I love it when you get a team mate raging at you after a losing match for 'stealing' their mid. Despite randoming DP, mapping mid, and having this dude last pick QoP after we already have three cores up.

Then, after going 0-7 and ending a 40 minute match with null tali, staff of wizardry, and treads, and 53 (!!!) last hits, dude has the gall to say DP fucked the game up report pls.

If you were solo queuing it sounds like you got off easy. Try cliff farming Anti Mage yelling at you for trying to jungle. I didn't even know anti mage could cliff farm until recently. Every solo queue I do I learn something horrible and new.

If you were solo queuing it sounds like you got off easy. Try cliff farming Anti Mage yelling at you for trying to jungle. I didn't even know anti mage could cliff farm until recently. Every solo queue I do I learn something horrible and new.

Last night I 3rd picked PL and had a last-pick juggernaut who came to the safe lane to compete for farm. I'm not entirely sure how it even worked out.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1375215513

Actually, I do: Darkseer was a fucking boss.

shira

http://read.navi-gaming.com/en/team_news/navi_new_roster
bY3jAga.jpg

What in the fuck?

Navi.xboct
Navi.dendi
Navi.sonneko
Navi.Artstyle (captain)
Navi.funn1k

Navi.Vanskor(reserve)

#roadtoTI1

shira

iirc medical issue, sorry the site is getting hammered, I can't load it anymore

edit: mike copypastad it
Today eSports club Natus Vincere announces the new Dota 2 squad. After the recent changes, we announce the return of 2 players, who have already represented our organization, and the leave of one player to inactive status.
First, we want to announce that Akbar “sonneiko” Butaev has passed the probation period and thus becomes the full-fledged member player of the team. We officially welcome Akbar in our eSports family and we believe that the team will be able to achieve its goals with his help. Meanwhile, Ivan “Vanskor” Skorohod acquires inactive status, yet retaining the position of the sixth player. Being a reserve player, Ivan will be able to restore his health, and Natus Vincere team will do all they can to make the recovery faster.
The second part of the announcement is devoted to the representation of the two new players of the squad. It is important to note that both players have already represented our organization. Many of you know these names very well. Moreover, each of the players used to participate in the “star squad” and put much effort for the achievement of the results of the time.
The hard-laner Gleb “Funn1k” Lipatnikov returns to the team. Furthermore, the legendary captain, the person who led the squad to the first place at The International 2011, Ivan “ArtStyle” Antonov joins Natus Vincere as a member player. It is Ivan, who will take the position of the captain and will manage draft. Club Natus Vincere sincerely believes in the “transformation” of Ivan to a successful leader of Na`Vi.Dota 2, as Ivan has all the characteristics necessary for the leader. The club is ready to facilitate Ivan in this transformation.
It is obvious that the new squad has very difficult tasks to fulfill. Each of its members will have to work hard and do the best he can both in game and in personal aspect.
Current Na`Vi squad:
Ivan “ArtStyle” Antonov (captain)
Gleb “Funn1k” Lipatnikov
Daniil "Dendi" Ishutin
Alexander "XBOCT" Dashkevich
Akbar “sonneko” Butaev
Ivan “Vanskor” Skorohod (reserve)
Andrew "kimi" Kvasnevsky (manager)
The new squad will gather in Kyiv for bootcamp this week. The players will start training hard and preparing to the qualifiers of the next grand tournament. Surely, we will communicate with new players and try to answer many questions that emerged recently.

shira

This is really weird. Haven't seen ArtStyle play Dota in a while, wonder how good he still is.

He was actually playing on SFZ, which is oddly enough a super darkhorse team and the ones who beat C9 in that 4 hour game
JL3b0ap.jpg

They just took down PR and won some Russian tournament.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
do we really want lina and wr to be the next troll/sniper? both those heroes are hella ownage in 6.83, they really don't need more buffs lol.

Lina is in a really good place right now maybe even too good. I feel like WR still needs something else.
I could see them needing Laguna blade by 50-75 dmg at all levels. That's all I'd touch on her.

For WR...hmm. Maybe up the stun time of a non-latching shackle to a full second. Maybe 1.25? Idk. The rest of her kit is fine, but the non-latching shackle stun duration might be too much relative to other heroes' more reliable contributions.

Mordeccai

ok you win cliff farmers are the worst.

Last night I 3rd picked PL and had a last-pick juggernaut who came to the safe lane to compete for farm. I'm not entirely sure how it even worked out.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1375215513

Actually, I do: Darkseer was a fucking boss.

Sometimes I feel like I am one of the few dota players who realize, if you are the last pick, you have lost your right to play the hero you 'want' to play, and you gotta take one for the team and fill in the role that is missing. Which is usually support. But pubbers dont give a fuq about that life man

ok you win cliff farmers are the worst.

Sometimes I feel like I am one of the few dota players who realize, if you are the last pick, you have lost your right to play the hero you 'want' to play, and you gotta take one for the team and fill in the role that is missing. Which is usually support. But pubbers dont give a fuq about that life man
you're not alone man. And it never ceases to amaze me that people don't just fill what the team needs. Unless multiple people pick really fast (which is more of an AP problem), it just shouldn't happen.

Mordeccai

the point is to avoid full retard starting at the draft tho. full retard is a last bastion of hope type deal when shit is hitting the fan.

Warlock gives no fucks

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1377675452

We were confident of our defeat as soon as we drafted a bunch of squishy heroes against their all carry lineup, but in the end we neutered all their farm and even managed to make the one Troll feared by many abandon. EUL's on warlock really gives you a lot of control over teamfights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom