• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the hero balancing in this game frequently just doesn't make sense to me, some heroes seem to have synergies between their skills for no reason while other heroes have penalties on their skills for similarly no reason

for instance, sniper wants to be at the back of fights contributing very high DPS, and all of his abilities are long range. great synergy!

OD also kind of wants to be on the edge or the back of fights and all of his abilities are....short range?

huskar wants to be at low HP so he can stack armour and magic resistance. so his abilities lower your HP! great synergy!

phoenix also uses HP to cast abilities, and the synergy is...???????? nothing.

kvk1

the hero balancing in this game frequently just doesn't make sense to me, some heroes seem to have synergies between their skills for no reason while other heroes have penalties on their skills for similarly no reason

for instance, sniper wants to be at the back of fights contributing very high DPS, and all of his abilities are long range. great synergy!

OD also kind of wants to be on the edge or the back of fights and all of his abilities are....short range?

huskar wants to be at low HP so he can stack armour and magic resistance. so his abilities lower your HP! great synergy!

http://i.imgur.com/fzerBL2.png

huh

Pratfall

If OD could astral or sanity's eclipse from 1400 range you would see quite quickly why he is balanced the way he is.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If OD could astral or sanity's eclipse from 1400 range you would see quite quickly why he is balanced the way he is.

i guess. i'm still not clear why phoenix still has HP penalties on all her abilities though. at least it made sense when she healed. they're not exactly the world's most powerful abilities.

Pratfall

i guess. i'm still not clear why phoenix still has HP penalties on all her abilities though. at least it made sense when she healed. they're not exactly the world's most powerful abilities.

she is a strength hero with poor int gain so her abilities aren't that mana intensive or free and instead cost HP (which is something she has a lot of because of her strength gain). She also has an ult that fully restores her HP so she can get quite low and then gain it all back.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
she is a strength hero with poor int gain so her abilities aren't that mana intensive or free and instead cost HP (which is something she has a lot of because of her strength gain). She also has an ult that fully restores her HP so she can get quite low and then gain it all back.

it's not any more difficult to run out of mana as phoenix at low levels than any other hero though. at least in my experience as a bottom 50 ww phoenix player.

although icarus dive always being available is nice.

DrPizza

Banned

You mean except for his ability to fully regenerate to 100% health, 100% mana?

Pratfall

it's not any more difficult to run out of mana as phoenix at low levels than any other hero though. at least in my experience as a bottom 50 ww phoenix player.

although icarus dive always being available is nice.

if you spam spirits on every cooldown, sure. but like, mana management is part of the game and if phoenix had the same stats but comparable mana cost to other heroes for the same amount of damage, you would run out of mana instantaneously.

take notes, boys. Spirit Breaker is fucking great against the bullshit carries in the game right now:

Sniper - SB shits all over him with charge and bashes.

Troll - SB shits all over him with charge, bashes, and ult.

With 2 or 3 auto-attack bashes, SB can and does buy his team enough time to do the rest. Glad to see the pros finally taking what we've known in pubs for some time into the pro scene.

take notes, boys. Spirit Breaker is fucking great against the bullshit carries in the game right now:

Sniper - SB shits all over him with charge and bashes.

Troll - SB shits all over him with charge, bashes, and ult.

With 2 or 3 auto-attack bashes, SB can and does buy his team enough time to do the rest. Glad to see the pros finally taking what we've known in pubs for some time into the pro scene.

Eh, SB can disable just about any target for a long duration. I wouldn't call those particular two weak against him.

edit:
Interesting game currently though. Everyone's so darn farmed, even the supports. Tree with Aghs is actually still at 5th place in the sentinel's networth. Though he should get ahead soon.

edit2: Waow!

Dem casters again.

The networth on C9's heroes isn't worth as much as the one on Asus? Wrong as hell. Tiny is devastating in terms of physical damage output and a farmed Lich/SK have the potential to decimate the entire opponent team too via magic damage. When they arrive at 5s BKBs Asus is done for, if not earlier.

e:
Meanwhile Tiny with AC, Wisp Overcharge + Lich Frost Armor doesn't even care about Troll's Daedalus, while critting for 1k+ damage (and splashing 50% of it).

Manus

Been running Pudge Axe with a buddy in offline and it's amazing how well you can win a lane. Won our past 3 of 4 games doing it. One hook into call and it's a instant kill. Other team was saying how broken it was.

abunai

CB7dTutWgAAGcK-.png:large

am i missing something

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Don't worry, C9 will likely lose a few game this week, and they will become a weak team that should have kept SingSing and kick EE again
4mC962j.gif

I mean this series is potentially going to cost us Starladder but when people are not feeling well and you have a shit day there's not much you can do. This is what happens when every tournament is milking their qualifier process and doesn't leave room for any other option besides a constant grind of matches.

I still think people overreact way to much and indirectly contribution to situations where you end up with teams like NaVi changing their roster every month.

Everyone just needs to chill out.
4mC962j.gif

shira

I know right? Not sure people think the sky is falling when losing a couple of online matches.

HMPaHZ4.png

2-4 record with tinkywinky

I mean this series is potentially going to cost us Starladder but when people are not feeling well and you have a shit day there's not much you can do. This is what happens when every tournament is milking their qualifier process and doesn't leave room for any other option besides a constant grind of matches.

I still think people overreact way to much and indirect contribution to situations where you end up with teams like NaVi changing their roster every month.

Everyone just needs to chill out.
4mC962j.gif

Just some friendly flame, you guys win too much. #secretfanstraight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom