• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafinezt

Banned
I'm not playing another game til 6.84 hits
rage.gif

DrPizza

Banned
So I've been playing like absolute garbage all week. But the last 3 games I instapicked Troll and went mid and we won every game anyway.

Chris R

PC building strim Kreygasm

Summit 4 if you need someone to build some rigs call me ;_;

edit: LD was going to blow a computer up with his flipped PSU, we saved Summit 3 LAN by getting him to correct it!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I listened to it once and I'm good.

edit: actually I didn't make it all the way thru, I assume it doesn't get any better

TUSR

Banned
Reminder, I need both captains confirming the times.

1. Weekly games must be scheduled between captains for anytime on Fri – Sun, but the agreed upon official date and time must be reported by BOTH captains and validated by an admin no later than 11:59 PM PST on Thursday of any particular week. If neither captain reports to an admin by this time, both teams will go 0-2 for the week. If one captain is inactive or unresponsive, the opposing captain should provide logs of attempted contact in order to be granted a forfeit victory. This is to ensure a relatively smooth scheduling process.

Bolded team names on the schedule have confirmed their side.

Vade+Hylian you guys are saying different days to me.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
dota thread can we have a sensible and reasonable conversation about how fucking stupid it is that culling blade goes through shallow grave?

DrPizza

Banned
Just got crushed by a team going nightmare into pudge hook into dismember into fiend's grip... with a PA thrown in for physical damage. What a miserable combo.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
When you a scrub chump, you gonna get dunked. Plain and simple
http://zippy.gfycat.com/GroundedDentalGazelle.webm
It is known.

i mean it's just a stupid interaction that turns dazzle from a counter to axe into, inexplicably, basically negating what would be his biggest strength

does axe really need this? i mean he can already kill every other hero in the game through magic immunity. does he really need to also be able to kill through the single spell in the entire game that, logically speaking, he shouldn't be able to (since culling blade instantly kills, and shallow grave prevents dying).

[edit] basically pointless is overegging it a bit. his ult is still helpful, the heal is still helpful. but still.

Hylian7

Play a ranked game and then remember why I hate this game right now and have been playing more Elite Dangerous instead... Fuck troll.

Hylian7

Had a debate with a teammate over this. Lets say I'm playing Storm vs this lineup.

qvYKwru.png

Lina had Euls and Aghs pretty quickly.

Now the question, do you prioritize Linkens or BKB first here?

Had a debate with a teammate over this. Lets say I'm playing Storm vs this lineup.

qvYKwru.png

I'd go BKB mostly cause of silencer. TBH, if lion catches you out you're probably going to die with or without a linkens thanks to silence.

Hylian7

how was silencer itemized? ie. refresher?

I think he was going for it, but he only had one Oblivion Staff by end game, so it was a long way off and pretty much an nonfactor.

I should add one more bit to that: "why not both" is sort of a valid answer, but one has to come first, so that's what the question mainly is.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

qvYKwru.png

1. repick Storm
2. buy BKB
3. lose anyways

In that order

TUSR

Banned
I think he was going for it, but he only had one Oblivion Staff by end game, so it was a long way off and pretty much an nonfactor.

I should add one more bit to that: "why not both" is sort of a valid answer, but one has to come first, so that's what the question mainly is.

id probably just buy a bkb

Hylian7

You would think BKB, but here's my answer to this: Linkens.

You have Lina with Euls, and Lion hex, both popping the Linkens, which might give you enough time to zip out. On top of that you get the mana regen you get from it facilitates long zips, which could be what you need to take the Silencer out first, allowing your team to teamfight into this much easier.

I think buying BKB right after the Linkens is totally the right idea here.

The problem with BKB first though is that if you ever get Euls'd or Hexed, and you BKB immediately after whichever one of those, there's global silence, and congrats, you now have a useless 3975g useless item.

Granted, in general that is a shitty team for Storm to go up against in general though. I would love to repick, but ranked AP. I didn't first pick it.

Edit: Forgot the Dotabuff: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1403444531

LiQuid!

Even without items that team innately has like 500 ways to break a Linkens. By the time you have one, Lina has a Eul's as you say, Silencio probably has a Force.

In the scenario you say, even if your Linken's eats that Eul's, Silencer is still going to global anyways and you're just as fucked. What did you accomplish?

TUSR

Banned
You would think BKB, but here's my answer to this: Linkens.

You have Lina with Euls, and Lion hex, both popping the Linkens, which might give you enough time to zip out. On top of that you get the mana regen you get from it facilitates long zips, which could be what you need to take the Silencer out first, allowing your team to teamfight into this much easier.

I think buying BKB right after the Linkens is totally the right idea here.

The problem with BKB first though is that if you ever get Euls'd or Hexed, and you BKB immediately after whichever one of those, there's global silence, and congrats, you now have a useless 3975g useless item.

Granted, in general that is a shitty team for Storm to go up against in general though. I would love to repick, but ranked AP. I didn't first pick it.

Edit: Forgot the Dotabuff: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1403444531

yeah i dont disagree linkens is decent, they just have tons of options to break it

did you build orchid->bloodstone->linkens?

Kard8p3

my love for this game is dying.

idk if its bcuz of school, D3, this patch, me watching spartacus, or some combination. but fuk. DOTA is just zzzzzz atm.

In case you needed more confirmation of how scummy that Vulcan site that keeps getting advertised is, I just found this post on the CSCareer subreddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/cscareerque...se_start_up_companies_are_getting_ridiculous/

That's ridiculous. Expecing any developer to create, design and deploy a chat system for 10k concurrent users in 4 hours is pretty hilarious. And that's for an interview, for a junior developer to boot. That's more than sketchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom