• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tieske

Neo Member
The Reddit salt is real.

So business as usual

Now western teams aren't even going to bother next time.
Too much Chinese votes, waste of time.

Well somebody made a fair point that west is splitup between A and nervi.

Question, anyone here have a setup for mouse keys / buttons? I never really utilized them and I've been trying some configurations but can't really find a decent one for myself

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
do they not hire translators so that they can still interview chinese teams? that seems like it would be a pretty significant oversight.

Baha

Shira said:
Now western teams aren't even going to bother next time.

Too much Chinese votes, waste of time.

The western vote was split between two teams that haven't lived up to their reputations in a long time. Not to mention the roster shuffle in the CIS scene for Na'Vi was quite embarrassing. IG was the more stable and consistent team of the 3.

shira

do they not hire translators so that they can still interview chinese teams? that seems like it would be a pretty significant oversight.

They will have Josh/Helen there, Iceiceice, BurNIng, Chuan all speak englandski

The western vote was split between two teams that haven't lived up to their reputations in a long time. Not to mention the roster shuffle in the CIS scene for Na'Vi was quite embarrassing. IG was the more stable and consistent team of the 3.

Whoever designed that 2-tier odd numbered vote structure is an idiot.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
L88uNHT.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
b-but le fat chuan cannot talk to casters ? dae feel like we should have revote??

tbh, Alliance would have just won if they didn't do a 2 tier system.

I wanted NiP to win, so I don't really care though. iG is at least a damn strong team, so they should make for some good games.

M.D

is anyone even a fan of this team tinker
i don't care about any of the players and find it hard to relate to anyone on that team

Deadly

Damn didn't expect iG to win but at least it's a rather strong team.

We're not going to get b[A]ckstreet boys now :( That would have been so funny...

Acinixys

Hey, im going to play SD to escape all the FOTM baby mode pickers!

Enemy team has Sniper, Troll, Venge and Drow

We lost in 25 mins

Seriously fuck Dota

HotS is now the MOBA i play

KingKong

Keep in mind these are the same people that couldnt set up their PCs properly and announced the previous summit with a gigantic image instead of proper website

shira

how does the redemption vote work?

is it basically: buy our ticket to have any say in if your favorite team gets to play in our tournament?

because that would be kinda gross

That's why you give people 2 choices. You give them 3 and they don't know how to manage.

Oh hey, let's split the vote between the same region. Beyondthestupid
You're forgetting that iG was leading the first phase as well when there were multiple Chinese teams in the mix and people in the west were voting for iG as well.

Some people just want to see some good Dota.
how does the redemption vote work?

is it basically: buy our ticket to have any say in if your favorite team gets to play in our tournament?

because that would be kinda gross
It's a Compendium reward so you need the ticket to vote.

Same as last year when Cloud9 won.

People are just QQing because a Chinese team won.

Wok

Game is still funny to play! http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1410608819/

Support Riki is the best for pubs: you get counter-picked despite the fact that you are going to play support, you have fun with Euls and Atos, and you can transition in a monster carry.

Literally transitioning.

Em87mvC.png

The only hope for the opposite team is to buy a gem and keep it, or to coordinate the dusts so that Riki cannot purge all of them.

mlhpliB.png

Literally eating the salt from the opposite team going full tilt after a while.

T9THsax.png

Hylian7

I still see pub NPs going the stupid double Null > Blademail > Dagon build. I have never seen that build win a game, and it's garbage.

DrPizza

Banned
I still see pub NPs going the stupid double Null > Blademail > Dagon build. I have never seen that build win a game, and it's garbage.

It requires a ton of map awareness; it's all about cleaning up after fights. But if you're not paying attention and getting good teleports in, it's useless.

Hylian7

It requires a ton of map awareness; it's all about cleaning up after fights. But if you're not paying attention and getting good teleports in, it's useless.

The blademail NP still makes no sense to me. The guy is squishy. How is that possibly good?

Also this NP was bad and had no map awareness.

Hylian7

You can get an extra 300+ damage if they try to fight back, and avoid damage I'd they don't.
That's the thing though: couldn't you just buy better items for that? You are squishy, so most of the time they can just take the blademail hit and kill you. If they ignore you, then it probably wasn't because of the blademail. You want damage? Necros, Desolator, more Dagon levels, and many other items accomplish this better than blademail.

NP in general just isn't that good right now though. I also made the mistake of playing Anti-Mage with teammates that don't understand that AM doesn't 5-man and actually needs you to not feed.

manfestival

welp, sorry I couldnt make it to the inhouse games earlier... life was being ... life I suppose. Time to move on to bigger and better things.

That's the thing though: couldn't you just buy better items for that? You are squishy, so most of the time they can just take the blademail hit and kill you. If they ignore you, then it probably wasn't because of the blademail. You want damage? Necros, Desolator, more Dagon levels, and many other items accomplish this better than blademail.

NP in general just isn't that good right now though. I also made the mistake of playing Anti-Mage with teammates that don't understand that AM doesn't 5-man and actually needs you to not feed.

It's 32 damage for 2200 gold, 10 intelligence, armour plus the damage reflection

Honestly not many items are that much better for the price

Not endorsing the build but it's pretty high damage for 2200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom