• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
id believe it

kappa

I started lurking GAF during E3 2005 when Sony held that hilarious press conference. I would've been 4.

edit: Or was that 2006? Historically accurate giant enemy crab and shit? I remember seeing hilarious gifs on the internet about Sony and tracking them down led me to the GAF thread.

G.ZZZ

You can also look at it as players continually improve, there's a 'natural rate of improvement', and if your own rate of improvement falls short, then you'll lose mmr

Basically you're stagnating and everyone else is improving, so your mmr drops over the course of a large number of games.

Tbh i think most players stagnate in this game. 5.5k players before were pros and semi-pros, nowadays are just "decent" players. 6k is the new 5k, and 5k is the new 4k. It's the effect of having a visible mmr probably.

Also team ranked MMR is retarded just remove it. I can't stand queuing against 6k players who have 5k in party and rollover us.

Acinixys

Slardar is just ownage dude, that's why you lost

I second this

Slardar is severely underrated by everyone

With a small buff he will will become a pub terror

This shit is a fucking joke. I just want to win one fucking game tongiht and I can't even do that because I just get fucking idiots on my teams. God fuck this. I am dropping in MMR just becuase I can't control my teammates and they don't understand taht Storm has to farm, especially vs some lineups.

Did you pick Sniper/Troll/Jugg?

Cause if not then your mistake is pretty obvious

I have made mistakes. The game still wasn't all my fault. My teammates were bitching at me for not 5-manning with them all the time and "sitting on Snipper" when they were constantly in 3-5 man death ball mode, and there is nothing I can do against that but farm. People don't understand that Storm is a farm hero. I don't get why this is such a hard concept to people.

You get way too intense about this game Hylian. Chill out and play something else if you are not winning. Constantly re queuing and losing will only raise your blood pressure more.

After 2 losses I turn Dota off and go make some tea and then play something calming like Borderlands or Hearthstone

Thaurissan is good in any sort of control deck.

I feel like Boom is falling out of the meta, I don't see him as much any more. But that could be on account me laddering a face hunter deck. All these slow decks people want to play made getting to 5 short work.

Fucking scum!

kionedrik

I think I have improved to some degree though, I know I general come out of games with more kills, less deaths, and most importantly, more farm. Given thta, why would I be dropping even lower, as I'm now below 3500. Sounds like a lot of error to me, seeing how I have had 4k sprees a few times in the past.

The game is not about getting kills or farm, that's maybe 20% of what can lead you to victory.

The important things are tied to decision making:
- Pick the best hero in a given situation, which more often than not isn't the one you want to play
- Know when to fight, when to push, when to farm.
- Learn to itemize. Get out of your comfort zone.
- Mobility is as important as damage in the long run. I feel it's more important than damage in the early to mid game

Other than that all I can say is accept that you'll win some and lose others and that you are ALWAYS as much to blame as other in any victory/defeat.

All of this worked for me and I've gained around 900 MMR in a month thanks to it, playing all roles, from ward bitch to farming carry, and without never picking any fotm heroes (and playing a lot of the times against them).

All of this worked for me and I've gained around 900 MMR in a month thanks to it, playing all roles, from ward bitch to farming carry, and without never picking any fotm heroes (and playing a lot of the times against them).

You managed to win 36 more games than you lost within 30 days? Do you have a Dotabuff link?

Slardar can't flash farm for shit, needs to buy tanky items (because sprint and being a melee carry), needs blink, needs some AS to be effective (bash)
He just needs too much for a carry, he's got the sven syndrome

Slardar can't flash farm for shit, needs to buy tanky items (because sprint and being a melee carry), needs blink, needs some AS to be effective (bash)
He just needs too much for a carry, he's got the sven syndrome

Well, he needs no damage for one. He also softens up the enemy heroes for other physical DPS heroes on your team as well as providing vision and true sight. Picking him can have his benefits for sure.

Yes shugga I agree that's why teams like Empire, Alliance, NiP, china teams, etc. won't use Slardar. Oh wait
Wow he's a niche pick, that's great
Well, he needs no damage for one. He also softens up the enemy heroes for other physical DPS heroes on your team as well as providing vision and true sight. Picking him can have his benefits for sure.
Why does he not need damage ? Just because you put -armor does not mean you don't need damage, it's just a straight percentage based damage boost, so yes you'll need damage at some point. Maybe not as early as other heroes, sure

kionedrik

Well done. I'm not sure if the change in your attitude got you so high or if you simply undercalibrated though.

I calibrated at 3.7k when ranked was introduced. I proceeded to play a lot of silly heroes, tried stupid builds and went on tilt more often than I should, and dropped to 3.1k before quitting the game for a long time.
I only restarted playing the game regularly in February and my newly found attitude got me to 4k.

Satch

Banned
eAN22Pz.gif

Well, among things, you're the one who thought rtz got famous because of razor
Arguing with you is as pointless as arguing against a conspiracy theorist, you argue on false premises all the time
Oh no I didn't. Razor and lycan are his most famous heroes but he didn't become famous because of them, he was famous before that.
EE is legit bad
Yes he is.
Your analyses suck, breh
Slardar is a hit or miss hero. There is no coming back with him, if you get shut down a little there is nothing you can do to bounce back. He just keeps trailing behind.
He's got a 52% winrate for around 100 games, that's not very good for a niche pick, but hey lolda picks him it must be good !

Satch

Banned
when radiant was trying to do that smoke gank up mid, notail cancelling pa's Boots of Travel with a fissure while she was farming in bottom lane was god damn crucial

shira

when radiant was trying to do that smoke gank up mid, notail cancelling pa's Boots of Travel with a fissure while she was farming in bottom lane was god damn crucial
These guys have been bootcamping for 2 months. Crazy that they still need so much more work to get on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom