• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys expect Euls to get nerfed?

I honestly think they will either heavily nerf or remove the purge. It is too strong, and to inconsistent. Why does it remove rune buffs and silences, yet doesn't remove stuff like Cold Feet? Maybe the way to go is to make it into a projectile a la eblade.

I probably should have bought it in both my Storm games last night. I couldn't participate in fights because of enemy death ball and silences.

recipe cost increased 1000.
cd increased to 35 seconds.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Atos is literally that one friend u have where you're like 'oh yeah they're such a great person!!!!' But when push comes to shove you're always gonna chose to hang out with someone else instead

Can't deal with bkb'd PA, but yeah that was a horrible fight

Change atos recipe to vit booster *2 + staff of wizardry. 550 HP and 15 int
edit : oh man the balls on that bristle

Hylian7

I expect the range to be shortened to something in the 500's and the MS bonus to be cut in half honestly.

What I'd really like to see is a buff to Atos. Reduce cast range to 800, give it some damage and a little passive 1.5 mana regen (on top of the 1 mana regen it already provides).

The cast range is one of the strongest parts about Atos. Atos is seriously underrated.

Acinixys

I honestly think they will either heavily nerf or remove the purge. It is too strong, and to inconsistent. Why does it remove rune buffs and silences, yet doesn't remove stuff like Cold Feet? Maybe the way to go is to make it into a projectile a la eblade.

I probably should have bought it in both my Storm games last night. I couldn't participate in fights because of enemy death ball and silences.

How to nerf Euls

Rod of Atos range increased to 1400
Rod of Atos now disables blink

bbd23

How to nerf Euls

Rod of Atos range increased to 1400
Rod of Atos now disables blink
Rod of Atos now has 3 charges

FE_DA_120823ObamaSweat425x283.jpg

kionedrik

The cast range is one of the strongest parts about Atos. Atos is seriously underrated.

I like Atos. But my suggestion needed some scalling back on the range otherwise it would be a 1200 range massive slow and blink canceler.

The biggest problem of Atos is that it does nothing other items can't do as well but those other items have extra effects that make them more valuable.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I don't think it needs a big nerf, but a shorter cast range (like 250-400) would solve a lot of the OPness that comes from the item. SF combo will be a little harder/more risky (he actually has to blink up first), and it can't be used to set up perfect ganks from like 700-800 yards or whatever the ridiculous cast range is right now. Besides, it gives MS for you to get close, and will still be able to used defensively.

Atos slow pierces BKB

That will make it INSANELY strong though

Again, I don't usually agree with Shugg, but BKB has been marginalized so goddam hard in the last few patches. It really doesn't need another indirect nerf. There are too many items/abilities that are starting to get this exception, too much for my liking... It's probably why perfectly strong heroes (in their own right) like CK, lifestealer, and Sven have disappeared--too much damage and kiting potential goes through magic immunity these days. The dumbest being Skaadi imo, that would be a good start to nerfing the item.

elyetis

I just hope they don't make it too bad for supports. Don't increase the price ( yet I expect them to increase the recipe ), smaller range, increase the mana cost, and maybe, maybe remove the purge ( then you might have to go back to previous lower recipe cost ).
I hope atos and even force staff (!) get a slight buff.
No actually I want an arcane boots buff.

Tieske

Neo Member
Yeah that's a fair point about magic immunity, I agree

Oh well, as long as they don't rework one of its components and it turns into euls 2.0. I like it as an awkward quirky item

Big Dog

Atos is so underused. If it disabled blink by doing like 1 damage to a hero that would be insane. You could disable blink from 1200 range and catch up to wreck fools. I'm always confused when I get hit by Atos because I'm thinking "OH NO THEY GOT SMART".

Quesa

The best possible buff to atos would be to release an immortal for all heroes that changes the icon to some Dumber fantasy thing and changes the visual effect to lighting them on fire

Hylian7

Again, I don't usually agree with Shugg, but BKB has been marginalized so goddam hard in the last few patches. It really doesn't need another indirect nerf. There are too many items/abilities that are starting to get this exception, too much for my liking... It's probably why perfectly strong heroes (in their own right) like CK, lifestealer, and Sven have disappeared--too much damage and kiting potential goes through magic immunity these days. The dumbest being Skaadi imo, that would be a good start to nerfing the item.

This is an especially interesting point I can agree with. BKB has been nerfed SO MUCH over the last handful of patches. Can't sell it. No rebuy, plus the buffs to everything that goes through it. It almost seems like a losing proposition to buy it so often.

I admit I still get stuck in old mindsets of "If you're having magic problems buy BKB son", and really need to stop doing that sometimes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
isn't johnny the guy that was part of the arrow betting scandal and got a lifetime ban from all future valve events? if so, why the fuck would malaysia risk their TI invite/quali spot on him?

TheCrow

isn't johnny the guy that was part of the arrow betting scandal and got banned from all future valve events? if so, why the fuck would malaysia risk their TI invite/quali spot on him?

I think johnny left before that happened. Yeah, he left in august and the match fixing scandal took place in october.

G.ZZZ

I agree nerf everything. Make heroes non controllable and give them creep stats, then everyone can watch AI clashes all game long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom