• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

omg this Tonya Predko hotness is on another level
n5FZUC2.gif

DrPizza

Banned
I'm watching the first Malaysia-Secret game. Zyori says that they won't be too worried about Diabolic Edict, as it only "tickles".

The highest damage non-ultimate in the game if you can isolate your target. But yeah who'd care about that.

G.ZZZ

Today in continuing the road to 6k:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1421135208

No wait we actually lost because our dusa cried and left the game so even going 14-8-7 as a support we couldn't win.

Shitter even said "don't fucking flame or i leave" , what do you think this is, an hostage game? Get a brain or don't play plz.

Also no offense but our SD was 4.7k when rest of team was 5.1k or higher, and it showed. Matchmaking plz don't do this.

Hylian7

No wait we actually lost because our dusa cried and left the game so even going 14-8-7 as a support we couldn't win.

Shitter even said "don't fucking flame or i leave" , what do you think this is, an hostage game? Get a brain or don't play plz.

Hate it when that happens, and for some reason it's usually a Medusa.

Another weird tendency I notice: Why are like 90% of Invoker players I see total dicks? Like seriously, I can name maybe one or two times where one was actually a nice guy.

shira

JOdlsDO.png

Secret need to win 3 best of 3s and a best of 5 with 1 game disadvantage to win out.

I'm watching the first Malaysia-Secret game. Zyori says that they won't be too worried about Diabolic Edict, as it only "tickles".

The highest damage non-ultimate in the game if you can isolate your target. But yeah who'd care about that.

Thank godz, it's LD and Purge casting

DrPizza

Banned
JOdlsDO.png

Secret need to win 3 best of 3s and a best of 5 with 1 game disadvantage to win out.

Thank godz, it's LD and Purge casting

LD , Synderen, and Purge are hosting and talking during the draft of the My-Secret series; the commentary on the first game is Zyori and Godz.

Calidor

Also no offense but our SD was 4.7k when rest of team was 5.1k or higher, and it showed. Matchmaking plz don't do this.

you lost to XxX_PussySlayer_XxX, how does that make you feel?

Acinixys

Jokes aside I like that BTS has started dressing themselves smartly for tourneys

Suits and ties make the entire thing so much more professional

shira

Jokes aside I like that BTS has started dressing themselves smartly for tourneys

Suits and ties make the entire thing so much more professional

We still need to get to a point where the suits and shirts match and it isn't Bruno's big bag of shit.

Wok

You're misunderstanding the way data works. The more raw data you have, the more accurate that data tends to be. Given infinite instances of <some event>, you'll see the conclusions that tend to appear. This is true in dota. The more games you have played the more accurate the mmr is. If you were a 5k player, given infinite games, you will generally even out around 5k. Of course there's always error (for example if you go on a 10 game losing streak your mmr will be quite a bit lower), but in general this is the case. If you're stuck just shy of 4k for months on end, it's almost certainly because you're not 4k.

Actually, I don't think this is true. You are making lots of assumptions there. The fact Dota2 is a team game, the fact solo-queueing makes you play with different teammates each game, the fact there are several roles to play, the fact MMR is an estimator of an ever-changing variable depending on the role you play, the fact you are somehow assuming there is a Gaussian model behind this, that the variable of interest is well-defined (while I question that it even exists...), the fact you are considering that MMR is a good estimator of this variable, etc.

From my perspective, if someone is below 2.5K, he lacks game knowledge (heroes, spells, interactions, itemization, stacking, jungling, etc.). If someone is above let us say 4.5K, he has some game sense and is very good at last-hitting. The variability between players in the 2.5K-3.5K range is huge and does not mean much if you had to compare them individually. I have already mentioned it earlier but MMR would kind of make sense for a specific hero.

I kind of like Phoenix + CK. Reality rift + Egg is an interesting combination.

Actually, I don't think this is true. You are making lots of assumptions there. The fact Dota2 is a team game, the fact solo-queueing makes you play with different teammates each game, the fact there are several roles to play, the fact MMR is an estimator of an ever-changing variable depending on the role you play, the fact you are somehow assuming there is a Gaussian model behind this, that the variable of interest is well-defined (while I question that it even exists...), the fact you are considering that MMR is a good estimator of this variable, etc.

From my perspective, if someone is below 2.5K, he lacks game knowledge (heroes, spells, interactions, itemization, stacking, jungling, etc.). If someone is above let us say 4.5K, he has some game sense and is very good at last-hitting. The variability between players in the 2.5K-3.5K range is huge and does not mean much if you had to compare them individually. I have already mentioned it earlier but MMR would kind of make sense for a specific hero.
I'm not sure I follow. If we assume that dota's ability to calculate MMR is pretty accurate, why would the conclusion not be more accurate with greater data? And like I said, MMR isn't an indication of how good a player is, it's just indicative of how good they are at winning pubs. The idea that there's huge variation within a given MMR range makes sense because dota is a complex game with lots of different strategies that are viable.

Acinixys

i wonder if burning ever gets sick of the PVE/Farming Simulator life

I doubt it

I have a friend who plays like Burning does

AFKs in the jungle for a few minutes, and then comes out with an insane amount of farm

Some people just like farmville i guess

Hylian7

Farming is fun, the best part is those small tricks to exponentially increase farm. For example, with Shadow Fiend you can attack the Dire large camp and raze the small thorugh the trees to stack them both at once, or doing something like stacking every camp with Naga illusions, orbing through two camps with Puck to link them up. I fucking love doing tricks like this, and finding new ones. Feels good man. Those sound of getting last hits is so satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom