• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
72 minute Naga games are the best kind of Naga games

Wok

I might have reached a ceiling with Riki support: I have just fought against a team who would always carry dust on two heroes so that when I use Eul, they pop a 2nd dust. Atos is fun but might be less effective than a casual Diffusal after Eul.

Ehxiddz.png

They almost buy no sentry, they buy no gem. I feed on them when they are solo but when there are two heroes...

iv2xuMA.png
QpDRnCY.png
BbrsYjA.png

I am enjoying my free MMR before 6.84. It is a totally different game when you abuse Euls.

I feel like im missing something about eul's on support riki. What does it do that getting a diffusal anyway does not? Both can be used lock people down and purge dust of yourself, but diffusal gives a looot of damage and is only 300 gold more expensive. Also, does smoke screen really need eul's for setup? Teach me pls.

I love this iG draft. Those VG vs iG games are a lot more fun that most of the games involving western teams this tournament. Not enough CIS teams.

This Sven is ridiculous.

aeolist

Banned
Why? It's his only escape ability , its cast range is half of other heroes blink and also has twice the cooldown, if they ever nerf it then might as well nerf every other built in blink in the game.

most blinks don't purge a ridiculous number of abilities

give it more range but you shouldn't be able to get rid of status effects with it

most blinks don't purge a ridiculous number of abilities

give it more range but you shouldn't be able to get rid of status effects with it

Oh yeah didn't thought about that, but I still think it's balanced enough, jugg for example can remove any debuffs and also become spell immune, I fear that nerfing doppelganger would render his solo pushing capabilities useless.

aeolist

Banned
Oh yeah didn't thought about that, but I still think it's balanced enough, jugg for example can remove any debuffs and also become spell immune, I fear that nerfing doppelganger would render his solo pushing capabilities useless.

the spin doesn't make him invincible and provide distraction illusions either edit: it doesn't let him pass cliffs either

like i said, added range or some other small buff would be fine, but making a hard carry who comes online that early as difficult to kill as a puck is a problem

Hylian7

I think back when the patch came out they were a bit much, but they are much more within reason now. They still might get a nerf though.

On a related note, DB+ has some nice stuff on this. In the last game I played last night, look at part of the death log.

1UvtdaY.jpg

You can see the huge difference when I killed FV, and that is because he hadn't died one at that point and had 10+ kills. This didn't singlehandedly win us the game, we had to do a lot more to win the game, but it was helpful as it boosted me into my next item and gave money to the assisting teammates.

Although this isn't a great example of rubber band, as the gold and XP graphs are 90-100% red.

Also, I have definitely learned that positive (and humorous) encouragement of teammates can help you win games. Yes, you guys have been saying that forever. I just tilt too much. :/

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1424826859

Pratfall

I feel like im missing something about eul's on support riki. What does it do that getting a diffusal anyway does not? Both can be used lock people down and purge dust of yourself, but diffusal gives a looot of damage and is only 300 gold more expensive. Also, does smoke screen really need eul's for setup? Teach me pls.

Euls:
-Mana Regen
-Bonus Movespeed
-Infinite Dust Purge
-Less expensive

As support Riki, your job is to be everywhere annoying everyone so the less time you spend in base the better. Diffusal gives you some of the same utility as Euls but is nowhere near as multifaceted.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think back when the patch came out they were a bit much, but they are much more within reason now. They still might get a nerf though.

On a related note, DB+ has some nice stuff on this. In the last game I played last night, look at part of the death log.

1UvtdaY.jpg

You can see the huge difference when I killed FV, and that is because he hadn't died one at that point and had 10+ kills. This didn't singlehandedly win us the game, we had to do a lot more to win the game, but it was helpful as it boosted me into my next item and gave money to the assisting teammates.

Remember that if a hero had 10+ kills and 0 deaths in 6.81, that's a godlike streak which gave like what, 1250-1500 in just pure bounty gold? I think the gold comeback mechanics are the most exaggerated. The xp is clearly the big one, whether it's bad for the game or not seems to be up for debate still.

I wonder if icefrog is making changes right down to the wire based on starladder, or if the patch is set in stone. The Chinese/Western clash has honestly revealed a lot (Chinese teams handing out lessons xD). Who thought troll would fall off the map by the end of the tournament? QoP pretty much 100% first ban? All these obscure heroes like Sven, Gyro, and WR coming out of nowhere and crushing games? Lots of new emerging trends, and plenty of outgoing trends.

Just goes to show that no matter the patch, dota is very often a self-correcting game. The meta will always shift on it's own (sometimes sluggishly--it does need a nudge as pro's get lazy), especially at LAN's. Just a result of the counter and counter-play balancing philosophy that dota operates on, and that icefrog nerfs/buffs around.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The way I picture it I don't think Icefrog is caring about whats happening at Star Ladder, he is right now likely making tons of last minute number tweeks. +10 damage here, - 20 mana their, maybe make Drums give +6% move speed instead of +5%, lets make CK base damage floor +8, wait no thats too good now better make it only +4, ect ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom