• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Remember that if a hero had 10+ kills and 0 deaths in 6.81, that's a godlike streak which gave like what, 1250-1500 in just pure bounty gold? I think the gold comeback mechanics are the most exaggerated. The xp is clearly the big one, whether it's bad for the game or not seems to be up for debate still.

I wonder if icefrog is making changes right down to the wire based on starladder, or if the patch is set in stone. The Chinese/Western clash has honestly revealed a lot (Chinese teams handing out lessons xD). Who thought troll would fall off the map by the end of the tournament? QoP pretty much 100% first ban? All these obscure heroes like Sven, Gyro, and WR coming out of nowhere and crushing games? Lots of new emerging trends, and plenty of outgoing trends.

Just goes to show that no matter the patch, dota is very often a self-correcting game. The meta will always shift on it's own (sometimes sluggishly--it does need a nudge as pro's get lazy), especially at LAN's. Just a result of the counter and counter-play balancing philosophy that dota operates on, and that icefrog nerfs/buffs around.
Yeah, for some reason 6.81-6.83 run together in my head. I agree though, I don't think the rubber band is that bad right now. At most I expect minor tweaks to it. The self correcting stuff is fascinating when it happens.

Pratfall

That sven game was so fun to watch. It was totally fascinating to watch VG try and manage those fights and keep Sven from right clicking people. Also fun to see Sven just cleave people to death.

G.ZZZ

6K lion Kreyygasm

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1426217873

Support Zeus more damage than 6k troll
4mC962j.gif
4mC962j.gif
4mC962j.gif

Wok

I feel like im missing something about eul's on support riki. What does it do that getting a diffusal anyway does not? Both can be used lock people down and purge dust of yourself, but diffusal gives a looot of damage and is only 300 gold more expensive. Also, does smoke screen really need eul's for setup? Teach me pls.

You can set up a smoke, you can purge buffs from fleeing ennemies, you can interrupt channelling or teleportations, etc.

You can do it all the time.

Typically, you have this annoying Sniper with Phase and MoM who starts running back to base after a push as soon as you attack him. Euls is good to catch him.

What shitty ass week.

Mod monetization drama
Nexus all fucked
gaben is now a fallen god on leddit
dota 2 stale as shit patch (giff 6.84)
SILENT HILLS CANCELLED OH GOD WHY

At least I have monster hunter plus xenoblade x streams

Ties

Banned
okay this is the tea

crystal maiden aura should replenish all team heroes' mana or at the very least buff the mana regen in a certain range tbh

gg no re

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder how they will handle New versions with 4 key tournaments a year. Maybe source 2 will make it easier to support multiple versions and you have a version select (which may be needed for mods too, to prevent them from breaking each update)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I wonder how they will handle New versions with 4 key tournaments a year. Maybe source 2 will make it easier to support multiple versions and you have a version select (which may be needed for mods too, to prevent them from breaking each update)

Why would four tournaments effect versions?

Wok

I feel like im missing something about eul's on support riki. What does it do that getting a diffusal anyway does not? Both can be used lock people down and purge dust of yourself, but diffusal gives a looot of damage and is only 300 gold more expensive. Also, does smoke screen really need eul's for setup? Teach me pls.

Moreover, you can always count on your team in pubs to build damage items on their heroes. Actually, most people are really good at afk farming and afk right-clicking ennemy heroes. So as a support, you are first a play maker, and maybe later in the game a damage dealer. What is great with Riki is that you can check whether they stack ancients, etc., without risking anything.

Hylian7

I find it often that when I lose with storm (and I"m not on tilt), it's to deathball lineups. What is the best way to deal with these as Storm?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why would four tournaments effect versions?

I feel you just have a ton more dates where you can't push a major update. Can't do it doing qualifiers, can't do it too close to the tournament starting/going on, you still have the winter holidays and Valve's Spring Vacation. If you could just give a way for tournaments to still use old version, they could push updates when ever they felt they were ready, and not have to wait till the weeks after a tournament.

bounchfx

that's right, when the heck is the 'BIG' update they talked about? do you guys think it will hit with 6.84? We're almost in may already!

if not before TI, then maybe at TI? like they did with techies?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
that's right, when the heck is the 'BIG' update they talked about? do you guys think it will hit with 6.84? We're almost in may already!

if not before TI, then maybe at TI? like they did with techies?

Most likely the Source 2 update. If it's not this one then I doubt we get it until after TI.

Low Tier
Storm fucking owns vs deathball you silly goose. Split push and flash farm with your abilities until they're forced to tp to respond, then take an advantageous fight because you're playing storm on the defense. Get bloodstone and shivas, not this stupid orchid/bkb/linkens bullshit you're so stuck on, and go own idiots

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did EG not qualify for Starladder or did they choose not to attend?

They chose not to attend, I don't recall their reasons though.

Maybe we will get more insight once Jacky writes up his blog (or Matt decides reddit doesn't hate him enough yet). Outside of the times being horrible for me as an American viewer, I didn't notice anything too off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom