• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Should honestly be a conceded button if you are 5 melee with a PA vs Aghs SD and Techies main. Waste of time.

kionedrik

I can gladly take the blame on all three. But the Storm Spirit one was a loss no matter how well I played.

Like I said I didn't look at the replay (at work right now, so I can't), but it's possible to theorize that if you went for orchid first and if you got it at a decent time (max 15/16 minutes), you'd have been have to move around the map getting pick-offs which in turn would have given your PA the space he needed to farm. It would also allow you to face lina 1v1 and shutdown her snowball. I'm not saying you'd have won the game but at the very least you'd have been able to buy some time that your carry desperately needed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
AP is just cancer and CM is too try hard.

I just want to play dota without meta cancer, giff 2 bans per team mode

fuck alch pickers honestly

13.5% pick rate
39% win rate
Emoticon_horse.gif

AP is just cancer and CM is too try hard.

I just want to play dota without meta cancer, giff 2 bans per team mode
all random or random in all pick

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
6.84 has made people crazy tbh

just five manning around the map diving towers constantly

do you think for like FIVE MINUTES we could play dota and not lemmings

manfestival

I absolutely wrecked every alch picker I have played against. I played him once and absolutely destroyed the enemy but I kinda went the waga build and become unkillable early on. Which then spiraled out of control. I was 5 slotted super early so I bought scepters after I was taken care of.

6.84 has made people crazy tbh

just five manning around the map diving towers constantly

do you think for like FIVE MINUTES we could play dota and not lemmings

I have noticed this too. There is some serious tower diving going on lately. I played an undying game last night where I got shut down hard but tombstone literally revived my game and we came back hard.

inkls

I can gladly take the blame on all three. But the Storm Spirit one was a loss no matter how well I played.

I disagree. Apart from the lina snowballing this game didn't have a particularly hard to face team. None of them were hard carries and you could kill them even lategame.

This is an impossible to win game vs team just based on the fact that you can't kill 3/5 of their team lategame as storm

On the other hand, the team you faced had almost all short range targeted disables. Linken's should have done the trick if they ever got close enough. Only stun to fear was lina and you can dodge it with either linken's blocking eul's or her ult. I don't know what was the matchups for you, but I'm gonna assume you were mid vs either zeus, lina, or necro which lina is the only scary one imo. It definitely was winnable for you alone imo.

inkls

Killing the tombstone is the main issue, windranger can just windrun in and ult the tombstone to get rid of it easily

So Clinkz too then, with the added benefit of usually building orchid so you also prevent him from healing it up and stealing your strength while you deal with it. Riki and Bloodseeker would work well vs him too I feel.

Calidor

I wonder if this year Valve will keep out of the voting contest heroes with arcanas. It would be hilarious if we get a second PA arcana and a third Void model
happy.gif

According to reddit, all you need is a Crimson Guard!

(p.s. If you are at the point in the game where you have a Crimson Guard, zombies are not your problem anymore.)
why hadn't I thought of it
So Clinkz too then, with the added benefit of usually building orchid so you also prevent him from healing it up and stealing your strength while you deal with it. Riki and Bloodseeker would work well vs him too I feel.
Yeah I guess, apparently clinkz has the best matchup against undying too (according to dotabuff), I just don't know if in a massive teamfight they'll let you get close to the tombstone and right click it for a while, at least WR has windrun to get close and be a bit safer

inkls

Yeah I guess, apparently clinkz has the best matchup against undying too (according to dotabuff), I just don't know if in a massive teamfight they'll let you get close to the tombstone and right click it for a while, at least WR has windrun to get close and be a bit safer

Thats why I think if you're in a big teamfight, gyro and bloodseeker would be better to deal with the tombstone as they have abilities that forces the enemy to back off letting you get rid of the tombstone quickly.

Acinixys

That Naix set looks awesome. Love the design and theme of it. Awesome work.

In the dungeons of Devarque, a vengeful wizard lay in shackles, plotting his escape. He shared his cell with a gibbering creature known as N'aix, a thief cursed by the Vile Council with longevity, so that its life-sentence for theft and cozening might be as punishing as possible. Over the years, its chains had corroded, along with its sanity; N'aix retained no memory of its former life and no longer dreamt of escape. Seeing a perfect vessel for his plans, the wizard wove a spell of Infestation and cast his life-force into N'aix's body, intending to compel N'aix to sacrifice itself in a frenzy of violence while the mage returned to his body and crept away unnoticed. Instead, the wizard found his mind caught in a vortex of madness so powerful that it swept away his plans and shattered his will. Jarred to consciousness by the sudden infusion of fresh life, N'aix woke from its nightmare of madness and obeyed the disembodied voice that filled its skull, which had only the one thought: To escape. In that moment Lifestealer was born. The creature cast its mind into dungeon guards and soldiers, compelling them to open locks and cut down their companions, opening an unobstructed path to freedom while feeding on their lives. Lifestealer still wears the broken shackles as a warning that none may hold him, but on the inside remains a prisoner. Two minds inhabit the single form--a nameless creature of malevolent cunning, and the Master whose voice he pretends to obey.

Its based on his lore

So its 100% accurate and awesome as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom