• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Shift Queue waits for backswing to finish, I feel Valve may leave it in intentionally to ensure you can't make single button scripts too easily.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it didn't wait for back swings in WC3. Seems like kind of a weird thing to have.

Acinixys

The 5% illusion nerf works out to a 20% attack damage reduction on PL illusions (though the fact pl normally gets duffusal lessons that)

I think there will be more stuff as time goes on, we got 3 months. I really like the challenges and wish we got more.

I expect 10 hero challenge, player cards and all that other junk from TI4

Else Valve will annoy a lot of people

If the only way to level up the compendium is to buy points they have gone full on PAID MODS mode

fire.gif

Yeah I'll give him that, I can respect the way he puts his heart and soul into the game.

But that's the same reason he can be an insufferable asshole, he takes shit too seriously.

Proof:

EE creates No Tide Hunter

Loda kicks EE

NTH renamed Alliance

Suddenly one of the best teams in the world

Win TI3

Red Bull has always seemed weird as fuck to me

A cold drink company who is actually one of the biggest players in the international sports scene

It is not deathball, comeback can happen and you don't forfeit after the first rack is taken.

However, games are shorter. Edit: Actually, my games are: 38 min vs 41min previously. This is 10% shorter on average. Stomps are even shorter than they used to be.

UaZuLOf.png

How the hell are dust and OOV among your most used items

G.ZZZ

6.3 QoP on my team, but luckily we had a 4.3k axe who went jungle and swiftly lost us the game by doing so. Why haven't people learned that jugnle is fucking autoloss jesus christ, you give opposing farmer ff and then you get snowballed 15 mins in.

Acinixys

6.3 QoP on my team, but luckily we had a 4.3k axe who went jungle and swiftly lost us the game by doing so. Why haven't people learned that jugnle is fucking autoloss jesus christ, you give opposing farmer ff and then you get snowballed 15 mins in.

I think the patch has dragged in a whole bunch of new idiots

Had a game with a Nightstalker

Doesnt gank till 14 minutes and only has urn and brown boots at 20 minutes

Profile says only 80 games won

Thanks Valve

EloKa

played Alchemist as a piggy bank yesterday with midas.

Minute 10 -> Free Aghanims for Treant Protector
Minute 18 -> Free Aghanims for Witch Doctor
Minute 25 -> Free Aghanims for Leshrak

Minute 32 calling GG, watching the enemy ancient fall and never left the jungle once

Alchemist seems currently way too OP in several ways. I don't even want to imagine facing a team with alchi if the game goes over the 80min mark

Axe is one of the best junglers in the game, and is easily shut down in lane depending on what he's against

played Alchemist as a piggy bank yesterday with midas.

Minute 10 -> Free Aghanims for Treant Protector
Minute 18 -> Free Aghanims for Witch Doctor
Minute 25 -> Free Aghanims for Leshrak

Minute 32 calling GG, watching the enemy ancient fall and never left the jungle once

Alchemist seems currently way too OP in several ways. I don't even want to imagine facing a team with alchi if the game goes over the 80min mark
He's not. You should have lost that game, aghs machine alchemist is a shit build. You should only have bought one aghs and that's for WD. You're lucky your team could win 4v5.

Whenever I see a common jungler on the enemy team, I pick a hard carry and win the game due to free farm. Absolutely love seeing Axe, LC, Lifestealer and other heroes on the enemy team.

It's funny you'd say that because LC and naix are horrible junglers
but I guess pubs are morons because they jungle them half of the time

I never jungle LC. Fucking rekt with her in 6.81 as an off laner and mid. Soul Ring off lane was hilarious. No idea how anyone was supposed to lane against her.

EloKa

He's not. You should have lost that game, aghs machine alchemist is a shit build. You should only have bought one aghs and that's for WD. You're lucky your team could win 4v5.

Yeah, didn't really expect to win and I just wanted to try some farm / timing stuff.

Doesn't change the fact that a team with Alchi has basically 7 Slots (due to the free Agh-Buff) + an Alchi that can boost his or the stats of anyone in the team to infinity and beyond.

G.ZZZ

Another 4k jungler pick, another loss. Yeah let's give freefarm to lancer/Slark/whoever because you have no idea on how to play this game.

Once had a jungling troll back in 6.83
And an offlane tinker to boot

That was not a fun game

I played a game on my brother's low MMR account and had two junglers (Tinker and LC) on my team. In the same jungle. L fucking ol. We literally had 3 solo lanes.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1268612914

Had the Jugg gone for a Manta Style to get rid of my silence, I would've stood no chance of winning that high 2k scrub tier game.

edit: And LC managed to inflict a whopping 6k hero damage in 60 minutes LMAO.

NBtoaster

I think its expected that each safelane will get freefarm. Offlaners can disrupt farm but the primary goal is to get xp and not die. Offensive lanes can do well but also have the most potential to go wrong because of coordination issues in pubs.

I once played a lich undying hard lane. Holy shit we just facerolled them, spam frost blast and decay, go for the kill with tombstone, enemy carry was miserable as fuck

?

Jungle troll is (or was) at least somewhat viable with sub-8 min Rosh and faster than one level a minute. See here, there are many more. The problem was that he was so dominant in lane that it was kind of a waste. The changes probably made it less than viable.

Knowing choke points and spawn boxes helps a lot.

I just stumbled upon the fact that I average 17.00 kills/game with Sven. I hope he doesn't get buffed any further, so I pubs won't ruin him. I want him to stay just below pro viability.

I remember BSJ did a jungle troll guide on his stream in 6.83. Seemed to think it was legit, though losing 15 damage in melee form might have ruined it a bit.

Router drama is nerve-wracking. I think I have a good wired connection to my computer now at least (but nobody else has wi-fi)

Still haven't played any games of 6.84. How is Doom?

Just tried a game queueing on Russia. Incredibly noticeable drop off in skill compared to EU West.

Eh, I doubt that. You do realize that your sample size is virtually 1 game and some of the best players in the world are Russian as well as Russians having the largest presence in the top 200 EU leaderboard?

elyetis

I once played a lich undying hard lane. Holy shit we just facerolled them, spam frost blast and decay, go for the kill with tombstone, enemy carry was miserable as fuck
Undying+1 hardlane is cheating, did it last night with lion :
I'm also not fond of having a jungler, even more if it's a pub I don't know, the easy lane can fail against the ennemy dual hard ( and it sadly it happens pretty often ), the jungle will usually afk jungle till he get's his blink ( or a given level, etc... ) even if he see the easy fail. So you give free farm to ennemy easy lane, while sometime, also loosing your own safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom