• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

Yeah, it's rough dealing with the recent hyper aggressive offlanes when your team has a late pick jungler and greedy offlane "supports", although amusingly I'm still ending up tying the enemy almost free farming carries until my jungle is annexed.

I liked how in 6.83 people could get away with heavily unbalanced drafts as long as I picked something like troll to hit the creeps while they made space; however, these unbalanced drafts not working could be less of a direct effect of the balance changes themselves but rather how much diving the safe lane seems to be in vogue. Maybe I should just rotate and farm our offlane?

I just gotta step it up, I guess. Shift the paradigms!

Acinixys

Dota is a shithole since the patch

I have 10 losses 3 wins

And every loss is due to abandoning or people feeding like 10 deaths in 5 minutes

Heroes of the Storm here I come

Shinypogs

Last game kept trying to lag out for me and for a while there half our creeps spawned as red "enemy" creeps even though they still acted like our creeps. I was so frustrated and confused for a while though when looking at the minimap.

Completed a coin charm but I'm holding on to all my coins in hopes that valve lets us trade them for points even if it's at a stupid high rate. I don't really need more random sets or items.

ViviOggi

iceiceice Tusk
C6mHztl.gif

JC Sera

ok I just had my first two wins of this patch
didn't really get it until I randomed and let it all go and had fun
Razor is so fun with Solar
Then went 16/3/36 with undying loaded with the new items
Starting to get this patch
ZPVQOOz.gif

NewGame

Banned
Dota seems to have been geared more towards supports now thanks to these hot hot hot new items, I love it. This is what dota should be, equal footing for all heros not just ADC builds on agi heros. ty valve you made the game good everyone else deal with it.

TUSR

Banned
Dota seems to have been geared more towards supports now thanks to these hot hot hot new items, I love it. This is what dota should be, equal footing for all heros not just ADC builds on agi heros. ty valve you made the game good everyone else deal with it.

whats adc

is that like prm farming

pompidu

So is valve gonna make this compendium not shitty at some point? These challenges are dumb and have way to long of a refreshing cycle.

Pick Undying, Gyro or Ursa.

no pick alch and make 5 aghs, it always works !
Don't listen to that, you can win with whatever as long as you can play it. Maybe you just had bad luck, losing streaks happen.

Some of these games are weird as fuck tho
Storm spirit : hood of defiance ??
Silencer : arcane soul ring ?
DP : mek and feeding (apparently you realized it)
SK game looks alright except that drum, dusa and zeus look useless af
WK : weird build, don't know what role you were but most likely #1 to #3
Pudge : well it's pudge. Also weird item build.
SB : weird as fuck build. Aghs is only good when super stomping imo. Armlet is meh.
Rubick : bad aghs game, only force as mobility (blink force is godly on him)

Yeah that's the one. I fed horribly, brainfarted on every decision I made, not sure if someone put something in my drink, but I played like a 1.5k on that one. No excuses.

Some of your item decisions are questionable in these losses(like Vlads Tide, Drums SK, Aghs SB, Veil Storm), but I think you just need some rhythm and you'll be fine.

inkls

Yes, I though I was being smart about it. Then the sad truth smacked me in the face, I was being dumb as shit. Went downhill.

I would strongly advise not skipping eul's on her. Also don't get mek unless you build bloodstone or something straight after. Also dp doesn't care about getting doomed as long as you already got your ult off.

Ok here's my take on each of them: http://www.dotabuff.com/players/35251433

Rubick: I think I actually played a great game, whole team worked pretty well, but the Spectre got out of hand, we didn't end fast enough. Standard loss.

Winter Wyvern: I have highest hero damage in the team by a long shot, Morph couldn't farm for shit, and Dusa just couldn't get online in time.

Spirit Breaker: I was too aggressive, often charging to my idiot death. Riki threw the game pretty hard near the end, trying to get a kill by himself while they were 5-manning. Otherwise this was an easy win. Technies never managed to put more than 3 mines together, resulting in some annoyance, but never blowing anyone up outright. But I had my part in that loss.

Pudge: Standard loss, I didn't play perfect, but I actually won my lane vs qop. Again, Spectre got out of hand.

Disruptor: Our whole team was made out of paper, Centaur and SK initiated on us and we couldn't do shit about it. I think I did kinda good, best hero damage in the team. Bad lineup was at fault.

Tidehunter: I'm putting this one on tree. I had to get a blink ASAP, and the only other support was Treant, except that she stayed top lane the whole game, never bought a single ward, and rushed an aghs, which she managed to get when they took our rax. I was stuck buying wards, and well as trying to get a blink.

Wraith King: I was actually playing support here. Viper and Undying were absolutely terrified of engaging the enemy, DK was the opposing and was supermanning into 5 men. Altough it was clear we needed to end quick against that lineup, we could never group as 5 to get a push going, people preferred to farm.

Sand King: I did what I could, but our Dusa couldn't get online at all. I hate linken's rush Dusa.

Death Prophet: Nothing stops this feed train.

Silencer: We have a good lineup going, we just need one more support. Last guy picks void out of rage for our teammate stealing his Invoker., then disconnects for five minutes. I ended up being the only support, jugg had to jungle, everything fell appart. This one is on void.

Storm Spirit: Shadow Demon notices they all only have magic damage and says, everyone get a cloak! I thought this was brilliant and went one step further into Hood. Ended up being a stupid decision, but I still managed to keep up, kinda. Team fed relentlessly, PA couldn't get any farm going even though she had the easiest lane of her life. They walked right over us.

Game is hard.

Tide ain't a support man, and treant is one of the hardest supports :p he should have bought all the wards. He literally just needs boots to be useful, blink and aghs are cool but nowhere near core

Shadow Demon notices they all only have magic damage and says, everyone get a cloak!
lol, or you know, bkb
He bought 2 fucking cloaks lol for real

Hood costs an extra 1500 gold for only 10% more magic resist, it is never worth it unless you're planning to go pipe imo(dont go pipe on storm btw). Casual cloak is fine in that game, hood is bad.

kionedrik

Aghs is much more situational on SB than vlads is situational on tide.

Please don't quote me ever again if you're going to say stupid things like that.

Ok here's my take on each of them: http://www.dotabuff.com/players/35251433

(...)

Game is hard.

Judging by the dotabuff page only, I can only "blame" you on 3 of those games. The DP one (for obvious reasons), the Storm one because of your item choice (go for orchid or bloodstone first, depending on the situation) and the SB one (you shouldn't get armlet on him and the lack of BKB is disturbing tbh).

In the rest of your losses it's much easier to find faults in your teammates than on you honestly.

The best advice anyone can give you was already written before: Don't play on tilt. Go to bed or play other things and come back the next day.

Please don't quote me ever again if you're going to say stupid things like that.

Judging by the dotabuff page only, I can only "blame" you on 3 of those games. The DP one (for obvious reasons), the Storm one because of your item choice (go for orchid or bloodstone first, depending on the situation) and the SB one (you shouldn't get armlet on him and the lack of BKB is disturbing tbh).

In the rest of your losses it's much easier to find faults in your teammates than on you honestly.

The best advice anyone can give you was already written before: Don't play on tilt. Go to bed or play other things and come back the next day.

Yeah I think I'll limit myself to one game a day, win or lose, then finish the story mode in GTA 5. I was tilting the f out last night, haha.

aeolist

Banned
maybe i'm only seeing shitty teams play but i've been watching chinese dota in the mornings and that scene looks mostly like crap

it's even hard to say if VG is really that good overall because they're roflstomping everyone and i'm not sure if it's just because every other team is garbage

Jadax

So...I just got my first compendium ever...and it already seems like a giant fucking waste.

Oh and I got the SK immortal :(

So...I just got my first compendium ever...and it already seems like a giant fucking waste.

Oh and I got the SK immortal :(

It's a super tournament ticket for a free tournament, of course it's a waste if all you expect is free hats for nothing
You buy the compendium to support TI.

Jadax

It's a super tournament ticket for a free tournament, of course it's a waste if all you expect is free hats for nothing
You buy the compendium to support TI.
I couldn't care less about supporting the TI. I'll watch it ofc, cause best teams in the world blah blah

But I was expecting a better feeling, like 'I contributed something towards the tournament'. All I'm feeling right now is "I'm out £7 and all I got was a SK mask".

They add tons of stuff throughout the year. We have like 3 months till ti5.
Thanks figured. Just felt like I missed out on some cool stuff TI4 - so went ahead and got the compendium this time.

I couldn't care less about supporting the TI. I'll watch it ofc, cause best teams in the world blah blah

But I was expecting a better feeling, like 'I contributed something towards the tournament'. All I'm feeling right now is "I'm out £7 and all I got was a SK mask".

Thanks figured. Just felt like I missed out on some cool stuff TI4 - so went ahead and got the compendium this time.

I think it's also a good way to thank valve for that game. 2000 hours of playing for free seems a bit wrong.

I can gladly take the blame on all three. But the Storm Spirit one was a loss no matter how well I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom