• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha I see. Thanks for the tips :)

Honestly don't really understand why Radiance is an item you want on the Spectre though. I get that the aura is nice for teamfights and chasing people. But I felt like I died pretty easy during teamfights.

Radiance is mostly a farming item because (as I'm sure you've noticed) she has difficulty clearing waves or neutral camps with speed. It also synergizes well with her ultimate because her illusions get the Radiance burn and blind, which in addition to the illusions' attacks (and damage from Desolate and diffusal blade, both of which illusions also get) can do a surprising amount of damage in the time they're active. She's also built tanky into late game which allows the burn over time to be significant.

Also here are the most common items built on her in pro games. Your build was typical.

edit: yes call kotaku's advice >>>>>

shira

KuGsj.gif

shira

These guys are too nice. This is like the nicest 5 teams.

We needed like Secret vs Navi or Cloud9/EG vs Alliance for some real salt

iamblades

Aha I see. Thanks for the tips :)

Honestly don't really understand why Radiance is an item you want on the Spectre though. I get that the aura is nice for teamfights and chasing people. But I felt like I died pretty easy during teamfights.

It's the best farming item for Spectre is mostly the reason it is fairly standard. Ideally if you pick Spectre your team builds around giving you time to build up. If you are planning around a late game Spectre, you want the most efficient route to get there, which is radiance.

For low-mid level pubs though? I just go early game vanguard treads with max desolate first, pick out one or two easy targets on the other team, and kill them every time haunt is up. Farm heroes instead of creeps. You don't really need to build too much damage on Spectre to get lots of early kills if you catch people alone with desolate.

After that you can go into diffusal(I don't like radiance in this kind of build because the slow build up for it leaves you with a massive plateau in the mid game where you aren't really able to use your gold effectively, but that is also an option), and after that I usually get manta or butterfly or skadi.

If you have protected farm and can get a good radiance timing, it is a great item though. With pub supports or mediocre last hitting ability, going for an eco build works out much better.

Pretty much always you are going to have to build a couple early game utility items before getting radiance anyway, drums, PMS, aquilia, etc all work. I like vanguard cause it lets you jungle, and I like treads because phase doesn't do anything for your illusions.

pompidu

Fissure is a really great skill. You have a lot of control over ganks and team fights with that skill. Probably one of the better supports in the game.

Big Dog

SO MUCH LORE HAPPENING IN THIS COMIC HHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

Edit: Holy fuck was that comic beyond amazing. Enigma CONFIRMED BADASS

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
'can i really fight with bf vlads bkb as AM' - hylian

*preface watched a 50 min AM game hylian played then lost since he never fought with his team

iamblades

I don't fucking get it.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1450955867

Was it just little mistakes I made in teamfights? I don't get what happened here. I was so farmed and still couldn't win.

You were the only one farmed though, and the enemy had all 5 decently farmed, and they build smart items to counter you. Your team had limited disables. a single ravage doesn't really do much at 50+ minutes, while the enemy had 3 sheeps, plus plenty of euls and force and abyssal to keep you from being able to kill them all during your bkb.

Would have to watch the replay to see if you made any specific mistakes, but you don't really have to make mistakes to lose in a situation like that.

Hylian7

You were the only one farmed though, and the enemy had all 5 decently farmed, and they build smart items to counter you. Your team had limited disables. a single ravage doesn't really do much at 50+ minutes, while the enemy had 3 sheeps, plus plenty of euls and force and abyssal to keep you from being able to kill them all during your bkb.

Hmm, was this a winnable game realistically despite all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom