• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop oppressing muh feelings with these shitposts or i will have to ignore you and ask everybody to do the same because im that fucking entitled

Hylian7

Heroes that will improve you, Treantprotector.

Now you have to look at the map!

Yeah, and farm Aghs for infinite wards!

I have done that a bit more with watching for Sunstrikes on Invoker, I feel like I'm getting better about that. I did have a silly moment on stream the other day where my team's PA and Night Stalker were just right clicking each other and standing still. I expected the NS to move, so I sunstriked right behind him. He didn't move.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yeah, I probably do need to play support more.

another thing that it might help you with is realising that being a support is nowhere near as easy as most carries seem to think it is. and that might help you to not get angry at them for not doing exactly what you want them to do exactly when you want them to do it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the mistake is not instantly abandoning if they have an undying
DsrA6Kc.gif

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well this game I don't think Invoker is going to be as helpful as the usual lion or venge pick

EDIT: Nevermind

Sniper, Sven, Axe, Kunkka, AM, Tiny, Ursa, BB, Lycan, DK, Tinker, Lone Druid, Lion, Invoker, Huskar, Troll for acana :p.

Invoker, Pudge or Faceless Void is going to win this tho.

I want to see Troll or Lone Druid get an arcana the most. Troll needs green skin and Lone Druid needs a retro wc3 skin where his ult turns him into an actual Bear.

Still butthurt about FV getting a "remodel". Hope people aren't stupid like they were last year, vote for Viper, Slardar or Zeus when model reworks come up please.

G.ZZZ

the mistake is not instantly abandoning if they have an undying
DsrA6Kc.gif

This too much tbh. SHit hero and boring as well. I'm awaiting for the glorious 5-manning 15 min rax finals of TI5 with undying in every game he isn't banned
happytears.gif

EDIT: sheever on dreamleague looking amazing as always, but she really need to dress better. Those jeans are awful. Well the other two dudes are literally hobos so it's probably better this way else she'd stand out too much and would be called names only because she have some taste unlike those other nerds.

Big Dog

So what items should undying be building now. I played a game earlier and was mediocre at best. I kind of followed a build and it geared my toward guardian greaves first item.

aeolist

Banned
So what items should undying be building now. I played a game earlier and was mediocre at best. I kind of followed a build and it geared my toward guardian greaves first item.

anything tanky, probably ignore greaves until he's slot limited

vanguard/crimson, halberd, solar crest are all probably good

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Guardian greaves were basically made for him; I'd build those in 100% of undying games. Pipe or Crimson guard are also good depending on the enemy team composition. Aghs is also great. After that, it's just down to what your team needs, vlads, AC, solar crest, sheep, glimmer cape, shiva's, etc... he's a very flexible hero that can just build for the team depending on the game.

Btw my votes:

And my WILD ideas for all of them:

Disruptor Medusa: Pre-Snake Lady Dusa. And a lore update because this shit makes no sense.
Sven: Sventorias the Trenchwalker. His ult turns him black, with smoke-like tendrils, symbolizing his corruption by the Trench.
Phoenix: Space themed, like Andromeda. Make supernova an actual supernova.
Kunkka: No clue, maybe Davy Jones Kunkka? Or with a pet parrot.
Slark: No idea!
Tiny: Different kinds of stone/minerals, like iron banded rock, obsidian, and marble as styles.
Visage: TRUE FORM OF NECRO'LIC.
Treat Protector: Changes over the year or with seasonal maps or with weather effects. OR ALL OF THEM.
Mirana: No clue, waifu vote.
Storm Spirit: Go nuts with the particle effects i guess?
Alchemist: Give him more swag everywhere.
Nightstalker: I like Nightstalker.
Invoker: Genderflip and alternate particle effects for all her skills, cooler casting animations.
Puck: Give her fairy backup dancers. Illusory orb leaves behind a trail of congaing fairies. Waning rift summons fairies around her twirling like ballerina. Phase shift bursts herself into fairies flying like like synchronized swimmers.
Morphiling: Have morphling's model change depending on the ratio of AGI to STR. Heavy STR bulks him up while heavy AGI makes him sleeker and sharper. Might break some cosmetics but who the fuck cares?

Unmasked sven would be pretty cool, think it would ruin the character's mystery concept for a lot of people though.
I like the idea of pre-mutation medusa, Kunkka could play off his "ghost" theme that is hinted at in his lore, kind of like zombie kunkka that was in the files way early.
I want to see an adult form puck or something, just this absurdly fucking evil looking thing with a different VO. Like nightmare fuel level.

Hylian7

I'm having trouble seeing it, what exactly makes Undying so good this patch? This was all he got in the patch notes.

Soul Rip is now considered one damage instance on the enemy
Removed Tombstone Zombie targeting from Soul Rip
Tombstone Zombies now require 1 attack to kill rather than having 30 health (zombies require 2 hits from creeps)

The only thing that seems to have changed is that creeps will have a much harder time killing zombies now, was that really all he needed to make him like he is now? What am I missing here?

aeolist

Banned
I'm having trouble seeing it, what exactly makes Undying so good this patch? This was all he got in the patch notes.

The only thing that seems to have changed is that creeps will have a much harder time killing zombies now, was that really all he needed to make him like he is now? What am I missing here?

he was already good, that just made him a bit better and sometimes that's all it takes

Tried solar crest and now I am a believer. You become annoying to kill, you kill them faster, the carry keeps missing the tombstone. Greaves are great on him too giving mana armor healing at no mana cost. Vlads is a good option too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DREAMS VISIONS I HOPE YOU HAVE A THREAD READY OR WE'RE JUST GOING TO GET A REPEAT OF THIS FIASCO FOREVER.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i think it's this + the 'new meta' of people trying to fight constantly

plus some of his strongest counters (bristleback) no longer work against him (i think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom