• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1SSY

The biggest improvement for Undying IMO is that teams fight earlier and more often in this patch. He has always been strong in fights but last patch you would farm longer and he falls off.

DrPizza

Banned
I remember the good old days where zombies gave gold. Bristleback was so fun against Undying then.

Still, at least we have spiders.

Hmm, do the zombies still count for Echo Slam and Overwhelming Odds?

I assume so, they count for Elder Titan damage.

Hylian7

I remember the good old days where zombies gave gold. Bristleback was so fun against Undying then.

Still, at least we have spiders.

In those same days Tinker March was "composite" damage, meaning it would kill the zombies. Instant gold and XP, and Undying was now a liability.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
With the increase in physical/pure damage spells, Undying and Visage both had a hard time not simply feeding their summons. Axe was top tier pick last patch, and so was Bristle. QoP also returned to the scene with her pure damage ult, which could clear all the zombies and birds at the same time.

And what tobear said. Undying is godly for pre-6 dives, but that wasn't really worthwhile in 6.83.

We're stuck in OT hell.

DrPizza

Banned
Visage birds seem if anything too strong now.

I'm sad that Silver Edge seems to be making DK legit. I just don't find DK fun to watch.

Haunted

I like that we're talking about how OP Undying is in this patch while Artstyle is simultaneously getting absolutely rekt on the hero (3-11-8). :D

Haly

Artstyle is bad :DDDDD
cry.gif

Dahbomb

I'm having trouble seeing it, what exactly makes Undying so good this patch? This was all he got in the patch notes.

The only thing that seems to have changed is that creeps will have a much harder time killing zombies now, was that really all he needed to make him like he is now? What am I missing here?
The zombie change is really huge. It makes it harder to counter with stuff like Axe/Bristleback. It's like the cast point change on Gyro, it pushed him from being "good" to "great".

A lot of heroes in DOTA 2 are on the cusp of being top picks if they got that one or two bufffs.

And Visage is the same... the change to his Familiars requiring actual attacks makes him as strong as Undying in this patch.

Then you have to consider the item changes and additions like Solar Crest and Guardian Greeves which are great on these heroes. It's similar to why Dragon Knight is back in full force, the buff to his Dragon Breath was huge and Silver Edge is great on him. He was already a very good hero that just got better.

Quesa

Can someone explain Shiva's guard to me

It's always felt like a C-Tier item that isn't really core on anyone but is situational if they have lots of right click? Right? Always felt like it lacked a certain oomph.

Shuggananas banned?

Shame. He always had the most insightful things to say, like "This message is hidden because Shuggananas is on your ignore list."

G.ZZZ

It's always felt like a C-Tier item that isn't really core on anyone but is situational if they have lots of right click? Right? Always felt like it lacked a certain oomph.

Shame. He always had the most insightful things to say, like "This message is hidden because Shuggananas is on your ignore list."

Shiva is broken u all bads.

Visage is also broken, but at least it doesn't infest my pubs because micro and it's a decently interesting hero to watch even if i dislike him personally.

Undying always won u lanes and early game, the problem before that was:

- winning lanes and the early game didn't mean much if you played late 4vs5 (und is a non-hero past 35 mins) because of comeback mechanic

and

- axe and bristle were good picks and both completely slaughtered undying in the midgame. QoP to a lesser extent.

Now that axe and bristle don't counter him anymore, and that losing early game mean losing the game in a vast majority of cases, Undying is retarded.

Haly

Yes, but it's far from C-tier. Just very situational like Halberd.

I don't really think there are C-tier items anymore. Just different shades of broad and narrow.

Except Veil. Veil is good on, like, one hero.

inkls

rubick is the only arcana that makes sense

People keep saying that, but what they have in mind (custom effect for each spell he steals) would be essentially pay to lose imo (unless only your team can see the effects) because you're telegraphing who casted it. Part of his strength during the chaos of fights is that element of surprise you get on the enemy because they don't realize its not one of their spells (ex: walking into rubick ice path, firefly, kunkka boat, Lesh ult, luna eclipse, and many invoker aoe spells like emp and meteor).

Also, don't let steve make the OT pls

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Just a very strong overall teamfight item like vlads, AC, or Mek. It's especially good against melee champions, because it slows the entire enemy team (AS and MS), and deals aoe damage that interrupts blink dagger and the like.

People keep saying that, but what they have in mind (custom effect for each spell he steals) would be essentially pay to lose imo (unless only your team can see the effects) because you're telegraphing who casted it. Part of his strength during the chaos of fights is that element of surprise you get on the enemy because they don't realize its not one of their spells (ex: walking into rubick ice path, firefly, kunkka boat, Lesh ult, luna eclipse, and many invoker aoe spells like emp and meteor).

I don't want ultis to be green and shit like reddit are talking about. Valve can do some cool things with the staff, mask and the cape. They can also do some cool effect for Spell Steal

Pratfall

cant wait for the ld immortal! custom bear summon animation, root animatizzzzzzzzzz

G.ZZZ

This happened to me today, and it's apparently a bug, using stampede when tombstone is up mean all ur heroes will get stuck because zombies will spawn exactly in ur position and then u can't move.

#NERF UNDYING 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom