• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

TUSR

Banned
Wow there's way more little girl games on steam than I thought.

cqdgwcN.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i can't wait for this lich sacrifice to be fixed in a .b patch, dumbest fucking change/oversight in dota in a loooong time; such an enormous/dominant impact for such little input reminds me of old OD lane dominance but 1000x worse

lich + 1 will outlevel a solo laner rofl

a solo lich can sit at his fucking tower in the offlane and exclusively deny and outlevel a dual lane LAMO

so dumb, icefrog was clearly drunk when he thought (or didn't kappa) of this

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
just put a cap on creep sacrifice exp ez fix

leave siege the same

the suggestion i liked is that he can only sacrifice damaged creeps, to force him into danger sometimes and slightly delay sacrifice or rebalance sacrifice so that it's a very long cooldown but gives back much more mana

putting a cap on creep sacrifice exp wouldn't fix anything because the problem is you're still denying the enemy ~50% xp off every wave with just 1 ranged creep deny. So even if lich loses out on some xp it's still worth it to absolutely and utterly fuck the enemy laner gold/xp wise while tickling your pickle or playing hearthstone at your tower

TUSR

Banned
the suggestion i liked is he can only sacrifice damaged creeps, to force him into danger sometimes and slightly delay sacrifice

putting a cap on creep sacrifice exp wouldn't fix anything because the problem is your denying the enemy 50% of every wave with just 1 ranged creep deny. So even if lich loses out on some xp it's still worth to absolutely and utterly fuck the enemy laner gold/xp wise while tickling your pickle or playing hearthstone at your tower

actually that makes more sense

its not just that youre getting the exp now, the exp has been moved off the melee creeps for the other team

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Don't do it. Pretty sure this game is going to bomb and die out within the month of its release.

I tried a few games and couldn't handle any more. It's pretty bloody bad.
It's hard to try and defend this game when I don't love/recommend it (but I'll still likely end up buying it), but I hate all the doomsaying around it. It left an absolutely horrible impression on me after my first day of playing (around 4-5 games worth) but the 2nd day of playing it, after you start to see thru the visual chaos and din of its poor audio design to see the actual game being played and understand its flow, it felt much better.

Preposterous to think it'll be dead within a month. Even among a slew of seemingly identical hero shooter/MOBAs to a casual player, it's unique enough compared to all of the rest of them that it will garner a fanbase and fanbases for unique games like this tend to be really dedicated (see the minuscule but fervent following that sprung up around the 2007 Shadowrun game - I forgive you for not knowing that this existed).

Battleborn is likely not going be the next League of Legends, but telling people not to even buy it because you think it's going to die in a month is pretty rude and perpetuates a self fulfilling loop of negativity.

Low Tier
It's hard to try and defend this game when I don't love/recommend it (but I'll still likely end up buying it), but I hate all the doomsaying around it. It left an absolutely horrible impression on me after my first day of playing (around 4-5 games worth) but the 2nd day of playing it, after you start to see thru the visual chaos and din of its poor audio design to see the actual game being played and understand its flow, it felt much better.

Preposterous to think it'll be dead within a month. Even among a slew of seemingly identical hero shooter/MOBAs to a casual player, it's unique enough compared to all of the rest of them that it will garner a fanbase and fanbases for unique games like this tend to be really dedicated (see the minuscule but fervent following that sprung up around the 2007 Shadowrun game - I forgive you for not knowing that this existed).

Battleborn is likely not going be the next League of Legends, but telling people not to even buy it because you think it's going to die in a month is pretty rude and perpetuates a self fulfilling loop of negativity.

translate: fuck team secret

aeolist

Banned

it's out in less than a week and has zero hype. the only people i've heard talk about it have had really middling things to say at best. imo it's going to be a bloodbath once the review embargo lifts.

waiting to make sure it doesn't just collapse under its own weight it sound advice.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wanted to play Gigantic but it's W10 exclusive.

NICE FUCKING JOKE MICROSOFT YOU CAN PRY 7 OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
battleborne is imo an interesting experiment by from software, i did not expect them to take the franchise in that direction but i don't think it will be good tbh i'm not sure what they were thinking ditching the gothic horror aesthetic or making the firearms so important compared with the trick weapons

Pratfall

6vqAQhL.gif

DrPizza

Banned
The relocate save causing the whiffed hole. What a play. Fear is not looking on form.

WTF

MVP fleeing, Weaver tearing chunks out of Bristle with his Desolator, Fear gets a great blink Black Hole... and then nobody on MVP dies and EG gets wiped. I don't even understand what the hell happened there.

Top Bottom