• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

procarbine was destroyed by genji so he babyraged and uninstalled

jk

I abhor military shooters. Overwatch appeals to me a lot more than CS:GO does. It's the one modern shooter that I really enjoy. The matches are quick and I'm not really invested in winning or losing, so having imperfect/crappy team comps hardly bother me. I also have a lot of fun solo queueing. I used to play a lot of Unreal so many of my shooter tastes stem from that series.

I heavily dislike:
- massive recoil (and by proxy, bullets NOT going where your crosshair is)
- losing your momentum upon being shot**
- accuracy penalties while moving**
- lack of vertical and horizontal mobility**
- the "slow paced" nature of military shooters (more standing/camping/peeking)
- the general aesthetic of military shooters
**all fall under general movement (or lack-thereof)

Also, no offense to mumblegaf cuz I love you guys but y'all rage harder than secret hitler when playing CSGO and I want none of that.

TL;DR halo > csgo
My preferences actually coincide with yours, but I'm not huge on class based shooters, and CSGO -- for all its faults -- does what it does incredibly well, so once I got used to it I enjoy it quite a bit.

shira

It's litten
CiGnu7_UgAAVpnY.jpg

Russ T

Banned
yesss you guys are way cooler than any other group of people i talk to

"litten" no fuck you i'm unfriending you on facebook now

KingKong

procarbine was destroyed by genji so he babyraged and uninstalled

jk

I abhor military shooters. Overwatch appeals to me a lot more than CS:GO does. It's the one modern shooter that I really enjoy. The matches are quick and I'm not really invested in winning or losing, so having imperfect/crappy team comps hardly bother me. I also have a lot of fun solo queueing. I used to play a lot of Unreal so many of my shooter tastes stem from that series.

I heavily dislike:
- massive recoil (and by proxy, bullets NOT going where your crosshair is)
- losing your momentum upon being shot**
- accuracy penalties while moving**
- lack of vertical and horizontal mobility**
- the "slow paced" nature of military shooters (more standing/camping/peeking)
- the general aesthetic of military shooters
**all fall under general movement (or lack-thereof)

Also, no offense to mumblegaf cuz I love you guys but y'all rage harder than secret hitler when playing CSGO and I want none of that.

TL;DR halo > csgo

Ok ok ok but does Overwatch have skins that cost more than real guns

shira

NoobfromUA highlight packagesFull match Youtube VOD

Today:
- four Bo3: all single matches
- 4 hours given for each Bo3, but usually start earlier
- miniGSL format
- playoff seeding, no eliminations

Strim: https://www.twitch.tv/epicenter_en1
t1462950000z1.png

#1 GroupA CoL vs [A] (loser starts playoff as LB 2nd seed)
-----------------------------------------------------
#2 GroupB Secret vs VP (loser starts playoff as LB 2nd seed)
#3 GroupA Winner 1 vs OG (winner starts playoff as UB 2nd seed, loser LB top seed)
#4 GroupB Winner 2 vs EG (winner starts playoff as UB 2nd seed, loser LB top seed)

If you missed Day 2 the Secret vs Newbee highlight reel is pretty awesome

shira

https://redd.it/4iss8w said:
The Chinese decoded: kaka saw the situation that Secret is close to winning the game, so he typed "3154" into all chat "accidently", but is actually sending a code to EE (their Chinese agent in Secret). It seems like the time that aegis expires but the true meaning of the code is "at 31 minute mark, send 5 people onto high ground, 4 dead"

They are really dragging this even out for another 4 days?

They are emulating TI beat for beat. I think they are really pushing for Moscow Major next year.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Alliance picking Jokehero, I guess this will be another quick 0-2.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I underestimated the badness of NA dota. There's still time.

I purchased Hurricane Pike on Sniper yesterday and while the active on my hero was a good escaping, using it on the enemy hero just pushed them into fog at night. Good item on him still.

What crawled up your ass?

Not used to edgy children in the Dota thread yet? I have no idea why people can afford to be insulting for no good reason (uttering debatable or maybe evidently false Dota 2 related statements is not a good reason lol) in this thread but nowhere else on GAF without repercussions. Or no other GAF community I browse to be precise.

Not used to edgy children in the Dota thread yet? I have no idea why people can afford to be insulting for no good reason (uttering debatable or maybe evidently false Dota 2 related statements is not a good reason lol) in this thread but nowhere else on GAF without repercussions. Or no other GAF community I browse to be precise.

I think it's a play on infest and that comic of "prepare your anus"

Top Bottom