• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Quesa

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CiMZ4O5UYAEnkD8.mp4

Yes, yes they do. Not sure why icefrog actually went full 6.83 with this patch moving high-ground back and adding the tower armor, while last patch was summons-dominated, it wasn't really a short game/push-patch. Summon heroes were just strong, early, mid, and late. I think it's kinda absurd that we're constantly seeing 60+ minute games (not a rare occurrence).

I would say I like the high ground and tower armor changes when taken in a vacuum (overall they are healthy for the game imo), but you can't isolate things like that in dota. Something else has got to give though.

Add a pirate ship that lets you cash in coins and fires at enemy towers

pompidu

Yes, yes they do. Not sure why icefrog actually went full 6.83 with this patch moving high-ground back and adding the tower armor, while last patch was summons-dominated, it wasn't really a short game/push-patch. Summon heroes were just strong, early, mid, and late. I think it's kinda absurd that we're constantly seeing 60+ minute games (not a rare occurrence).

I would say I like the high ground and tower armor changes when taken in a vacuum (overall they are healthy for the game imo), but you can't isolate things like that in dota. Something else has got to give though.

Icefrog cannot control the power creep that originated from 6.82. This is the heavy handed result of the continued buffing of everyyyythhingggg.

Vade

Can we just nerf Shamans and call it a day?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
whats the thread?

the thread on newbee figuring out the meta just devolved into circlejerking and memeing about str cores and armlet

Like you really want to die on that hill leddit groupthink? Newbee (arguably the best performing team that ur fucking discussing) is the one team that doesn't really rely on strength cores. They draft 1 or 2 at most while every other team is taking 2-3. Newbee prioritizes spectre/gyro for carry, invoker for mid, and traditional supports for their 4 and 5. The only str core they run consistently is DK.

STR cores are certainly very strong, but it's about damn time. We're finally seeing some nice representation across all three attributes: traditional supports are still and always will be hot, PL/TB/Gyro/Spectre/Naga/Jugg/Ember/AM/Drow/Clinkz/Void are all picked and viable (I'm sure I'm missing some too), and you now also finally have the occasional strength hero filling the 1 or 2 position. Mainly still Sven and DK though, respectively, but it's nice to see guys like LS/Huskar make a comeback.

it's nice to see guys like Huskar make a comeback.

i remember when i liked and trusted you

that ends today.

edit: lol actually tbh i don't mind huskar in pubs, at my tier nobody seems to play him right and for some reason I always go the fuck OFF whenever I random him so idec

of course reddit are trying to justify why newbee crushed their sweethearts.

anyone who paid attention to them during the majors would have noticed their growth.
Kaka joining really pushed their limits with the drafting and this all happened before 687.

and for people saying "they only have this ling win streak because Chinese teams are trash so it doesnt count" need to see these teams before talking. just look how Wings shat on liquid and fnatic. The other CN teams can play on that caliber when they bring their A game.

aeolist

Banned
running around on 1 strength, farming the whole map, no chance to die

the dream
ggdire.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i see blitz is rubbing off on cap "morph could have been any other hero"

maybe, but morph was a damn good pick this game

aeolist

Banned
i mean i get his point that it was the other two lanes that won the early game, but morph was a really good pick to snowball the midgame

Wok

After reading that post on Reddit about Elder Titan, I have tried most tips along that lane build: Soul Ring & Tranquil Boots > Eul > Drums > Aether Lens > whatever refresher travels, etc.. Maxing Spirits first for good harass and trade.

Worth a read: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4irmlu/in_light_of_the_recent_new_hero_pick_et/

I remember winning game with the hero but not liking the plays, and in fact, it is not boring when you try to play with these tips. The hero is actually pretty fun. I think I underestimated the damage boost given by the spirit, and the fact that you could refresh it with just one creep. Also, the sleep not being disturbed by towers and creeps to punish dives. So good.

After reading that post on Reddit about Elder Titan, I have tried most tips along that lane build: Soul Ring & Tranquil Boots > Eul > Drums > Aether Lens > whatever refresher travels, etc.. Maxing Spirits first for good harass and trade.

Worth a read: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4irmlu/in_light_of_the_recent_new_hero_pick_et/

I remember winning game with the hero but not liking the plays, and in fact, it is not boring when you try to play with these tips. The hero is actually pretty fun. I think I underestimated the damage boost given by the spirit, and the fact that you could refresh it with just one creep. Also, the sleep not being disturbed by towers and creeps to punish dives. So good.

I feel like most of these are well known???

Blink ET is hella fun get into it, force staff -> stomp shenanigans are fun too

Top Bottom