• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Artanisix

1io_original.jpg

me when playing overwatch against tusr

Hylian7

So far, it looks like I might at least be able to go to the TI finals, I'm doubting the rest of the week, but not ruling it out quite yet.

If it turns out I can't go to the pre-finals stuff, is anyone here interested in buying the ticket for it from me? You would pay exactly what I paid for it, I'm not making any profit off of it.

Chris R

So far, it looks like I might at least be able to go to the TI finals, I'm doubting the rest of the week, but not ruling it out quite yet.

If it turns out I can't go to the pre-finals stuff, is anyone here interested in buying the ticket for it from me? You would pay exactly what I paid for it, I'm not making any profit off of it.

I haven't seen any interest at all in midweek tickets here, just finals :( Going to suck if I end up eating the extra tickets I ended up with but oh well.

Hylian7

I haven't seen any interest at all in midweek tickets here, just finals :( Going to suck if I end up eating the extra tickets I ended up with but oh well.

I may have to take this to reddit or something, as much as I don't want to. Is there a way I can sell on eBay or something at a locked price? Going through monetary transactions with random redditors seems sketchy as all hell, while eBay (or something like it) would be theoretically safer.

Chris R

I may have to take this to reddit or something, as much as I don't want to. Is there a way I can sell on eBay or something at a locked price? Going through monetary transactions with random redditors seems sketchy as all hell, while eBay (or something like it) would be theoretically safer.

No idea.

If nobody here buys them I might just walk up to one of the scalpers on Monday and sell the tickets to them for $20 or whatever they want just to get some money back :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not sure who I hate more, Genji pickers who can't play Genji or Hanzo pickers who can't play Hanzo.

elyetis

My Hanzo is so bad now. I'm sorry everyone.
Mine is incredibly bad too.. but it still quite telling that a single decent ultimate with him is usually enough to put me as the biggest damage dealer of my team at the end of the round.

Mei is that best anyway.

Like, as in WASD or what?!

No.

It basically ignores the normal pathing algorithm and you move towards the location you clicked as long as possible, stopping once there's something preventing the pathing.

Imagine you want to pounce up a cliff as slark. If you happen to click on the upper cliff area your hero tries to move there by going the way around. With direct pathing you just move as close to the cliff as possible and keep facing the right direction, making it easier to use pounce.

Hylian7

As in, a key that makes you move in a straight line and disregards pathing, to help you line up things like pounce and shadow raze.

No.

It basically ignores the normal pathing algorithm and you move towards the location you clicked as long as possible, stopping once there's something preventing the pathing.

Imagine you want to pounce up a cliff as slark. If you happen to click on the upper cliff area your hero tries to move there by going the way around. With direct pathing you just move as close to the cliff as possible and keep facing the right direction, making it easier to use pounce.

Okay, that's really cool then, useful for cases like SF or Slark for sure.

And you can set a hotkey for the previous alt-modifier. I think I'm gonna switch that to space as many suggest. Alt is pretty much impossible to use comfortable. With space I could actually use all 6 item slots with and without quickcast. Currently I have basically 2 slots for quickcast and 4 for normal cast because using alt as a modifier didn't make it viable anyways.

That'll take some time getting used to as I used space for my nr1 frequently used item (blink or face boots for example) but then I've been fucking around with my hotkey setup today anyways and in the end it'll be worth it. Playing inefficiently and uncomfortable sucks.

Artanisix

hey wok how goes your meepo adventure? im really feeling him this patch after you inspired me to test him out again, the dragon lance build makes him extremely scary midgame while you transition into other items

https://www.dota2.com/majorsregistration/home/

What if we need to make roster changes after the lock?
Making changes to your roster will cause your team to no longer be eligible to receive a direct invitation to either the Major or the Regional Qualifiers. Note that this only applies to roster changes outside of your Primary and Substitute members -- there is no penalty for swapping between Primary and Substitute slots. Your team may still register and participate in the Open Qualifiers.
Doesn't this mean EG have to go through Open Qualifiers for TI6? Zai was a sub for them.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
People love to get pissed off at peruvians, pinoys, russians, w.e but hearing a grown man whine and rage in english is just super cringeworthy. I'd rather have 9 players spamming ez at each other in all chat then listen to someone who sounds what is probably a very reasonable purpose in real life turn into a crybaby over a game.

pompidu

So after roughly 20 hours of fucking around with Win10 and Dota2, I came to the conclusion that for some reason it does not play well with my computer. So I downgraded back to windows 8.1
Lesson learned.

This is my results from bot match to get an idea of how bad it was.

Windows 10 @ 1080p Max settings 30fps~
Windows 10 @ 1080p Min settings 25fps~
Windows 8.1 @ 1080p Max settings 80fps~

Still have no idea wtf the issue was, just glad to be back to playing dota.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not going to upgrade to W10 until it's 3 years old.

pompidu

jesus that's pretty significant

Basically what I did was upgrade from 8.1 to 10. Saw shitty fps.
Nuke into fresh win10, shitty fps still.
Spent hours trying every little fix on the internet, seriously, all of them.
Nuke back into 8.1, back to high FPS, thank god.

I was seriously losing my mind trying to find the source of the issue. Which I still have no idea wtf was causing it.

Mid Omni...

Basically what I did was upgrade from 8.1 to 10. Saw shitty fps.
Nuke into fresh win10, shitty fps still.
Spent hours trying every little fix on the internet, seriously, all of them.
Nuke back into 8.1, back to high FPS, thank god.

I was seriously losing my mind trying to find the source of the issue. Which I still have no idea wtf was causing it.

What are your specs?

Top Bottom