• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

that they needed to win that match.

Honestly it's a tough situation. They could've handled it better, obviously, but they kind of had their backs against the wall on game 3 of a deciding match having to play 4v5. Not excusing them, but I understand.

shira

VP what the hell were you guys thinking?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4ls62i/virtuspro_admit_wrongdoing_in_the_summit_5/

cBj1LTf.png
rofl trying to cheat your way into ti6

I can't believe someone like G agreed to this, they must've been desperate

rofl trying to cheat your way into ti6

I can't believe someone like G agreed to this, they must've been desperate

Like I already said: of course they were desperate, and the punishment (afaik) isn't really one. I imagine they saw it as either they cheat like this and maybe get away with it, or they dont get to go anyway.

Risible

Dota has become literally unplayable for me in the last month or so.

I'm no great shakes, somewhere around 2700 MMR. However, I do my best to be a team player, follow the minimap, etc.

The last month or so it seems like every single match my team is filled with people who have never played the game in their life. It's unreal how bad it's been. I've lost the last 8 or so games with horrendous scores. It starts out bad and quickly snowballs downhill into toxic bullshit and name-calling.

The game has become zero fun and in fact it's a chore to finish the matches.

Is it just me? Has something changed? I don't understand. In the past I would have some bad patches, maybe a 4 game streak of clueless dudes but then I'd have an equal length good patch. It feels like I'm stuck in some sort of bad matchmaking loop.

I just checked and in my last 20 games I won 6, with at least two of those being "someone abandoned so we won by default" aka no skill luck wins.

This feel much different that past bad streaks, it's far deeper and the players have been far more toxic.

shira

Dota has become literally unplayable for me in the last month or so.

I'm no great shakes, somewhere around 2700 MMR. However, I do my best to be a team player, follow the minimap, etc.

The last month or so it seems like every single match my team is filled with people who have never played the game in their life. It's unreal how bad it's been. I've lost the last 8 or so games with horrendous scores. It starts out bad and quickly snowballs downhill into toxic bullshit and name-calling.

The game has become zero fun and in fact it's a chore to finish the matches.

Is it just me? Has something changed? I don't understand. In the past I would have some bad patches, maybe a 4 game streak of clueless dudes but then I'd have an equal length good patch. It feels like I'm stuck in some sort of bad matchmaking loop.

I just checked and in my last 20 games I won 6, with at least two of those being "someone abandoned so we won by default" aka no skill luck wins.

This feel much different that past bad streaks, it's far deeper and the players have been far more toxic.

Compendium quest thirst
sick.gif

Risible

Compendium quest thirst
sick.gif

Don't even get me started on Valve's 2500 levels Compendium. I made the mistake of buying the compendium at the 50 level, because I had a lot of fun with the last one with the quests and stuff.

Once I realized what it was like I immediately regretted my purchase. I'm currently at level 56 or so. My next immortal treasure comes in 20 something levels, and the next one after that is another 30 levels past that. WTF. It makes the quests feel meaningless as the points they award are a drop in the bucket compared to all of the levels.

I mean come the fuck on, 2,500 levels?! The greed levels are off the fucking charts on that one.

DrPizza

Banned
13 AA games lost back-to-back, and then he expired as my daily.

Next daily: Luna, won at the first attempt.

Christ, what a terrible weekend of Dota.

Trying to watch overwatch is completely awful.

It really is. If they go the way of Hearthstone in terms of in-game viewing options (i.e. effectively none) it's going to be an uphill climb for Overwatch to become a big spectator esport.

yep the game itself is not conducive to good spectating.

- too busy
- no rest periods
- casters and camera control can't keep up
- it's high noon

fun to watch seagull run a train on people though. good for personal stream services like twitch, bad for competitive spectator sport

For those who have watched Halo or Team Fortress competitive matches, what makes them any better at it than Overwatch? Or are they all bad for spectating?

For those who have watched Halo or Team Fortress competitive matches, what makes them any better at it than Overwatch? Or are they all bad for spectating?
None of them are particularly good for spectating to be honest. CSGO works because the pace is much slower in comparison and there's a lot less shit going on on screen as well.

kionedrik

13 AA games lost back-to-back, and then he expired as my daily.

Next daily: Luna, won at the first attempt.

Christ, what a terrible weekend of Dota.

AA is not a bad hero at all, especially when alch and slark are so popular, but I feel you are too dependent on your team to succeed.

I had a super sad game and was typing up a long ragey post, but I think this sufficiently encapsulates all I want to say:

Imagine Street Fighter being played with a team of 5. You get to control the stick and 2 buttons of your choice. The rest are randomly pressed by your teammates. When your team messes up a combo sometimes your teammates react by spamming the turbo button on themselves so you're open for combos. Really mean teammates spew all kinds of vitriol while hitting the button so hard you have to buy a new joystick after the game.

That's what playing Dota in solo queue is like.

H13

I dont know why , but playing international ranked have improve the qol of playing for me.
People are communicating, people are picking correct lane heroes which does not triggering . People are not raging.
This is sea server solo btw

gai_shain

I dont know why , but playing international ranked have improve the qol of playing for me.
People are communicating, people are picking correct lane heroes which does not triggering . People are not raging.
This is sea server solo btw

Its the opposite for me, international ranked has been awful, my team picks 4 cores and hopes the last person (me) supports their shit vs 4 cores on the enemy team.

Also im just gonna play ability draft to finish my quests

e: vote for visage arcana thx

J2d

Play like shit and get reported, next game be godlike and get reported by opponents, can't fucking win with dota =/

Risible

I had a super sad game and was typing up a long ragey post, but I think this sufficiently encapsulates all I want to say:

Imagine Street Fighter being played with a team of 5. You get to control the stick and 2 buttons of your choice. The rest are randomly pressed by your teammates. When your team messes up a combo sometimes your teammates react by spamming the turbo button on themselves so you're open for combos. Really mean teammates spew all kinds of vitriol while hitting the button so hard you have to buy a new joystick after the game.

That's what playing Dota in solo queue is like.

Nailed it.

inkls

Hey guys, what do you call an ember who doesn't put a point in ult until level 8, never leaves a defensive remnant, goes vanguard into crystalis and bfury?

-25 mmr

hue

Vade

Hey guys, what do you call an ember who doesn't put a point in ult until level 8, never leaves a defensive remnant, goes vanguard into crystalis and bfury?

-25 mmr

hue

Hey guys what do you call it when you have INKLS mid in IHL

Instant Loss
Ix36Ytn.jpg

kvk1

What do you call Vade when gets banned in OT and his only rebellious recourse ends up being a social invalid in the Dota thread?

B78EeXG.png

Top Bottom