• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

sad.gif
J A C K Y M A O
sad.gif

Artanisix

OW is literally league TF2 down to 'we dont want to hurt or scare the players with new things'
http://imgur.com/0PDVeW6

T-THINK OF THE P-PUBS
PLEASE BLIZZARD SHIELD ME

dumbass post. that being said, kaplan has partial a point -- if you were in closed beta when genji, mei, and dva were released, there was definitely mass outcry for these heroes to be massively nerfed/removed.

Kalnos

Banned
TheYanger will literally defend just about anything Blizzard does so it's not surprising. I have never seen anyone as legit shook as him that some people prefer older versions of WoW.

BHK3

Banned
It's TF2 if Valve cared about that product at all.

Its TF2 if they made the huntsman a character(hanzo), sandman a character(mcree), etc. etc. Also how many more years do you want them to 'care' about it? It'll be 10 years old next october.

dumbass post. that being said, kaplan has partial a point -- if you were in closed beta when genji, mei, and dva were released, there was definitely mass outcry for these heroes to be massively nerfed/removed.
CHANGE!? NO NOT CHANGE! WHAT IS THIS -ADAPT- YOU SPEAK OF!????!?!2124343??

Let them fucking cry, I don't get it, Blizzard already have their fucking money(and their lives for some of them)and you're gonna let them propose balance changes on something that's new? I don't even know why people are taking the game so crazy seriously in a wacky team shooter, TF2 was never like this. Had a dude start screaming his lungs off at us cause no one picked Lucio(on PS4 there's zero mics so this guy was a ultra rare bird that you wanted extinct asap).

what are you talking about
You know Zai, the guy that hasn't played for a significant amount of time, why are people betting on him to be good enough to play at the highest level as he hasn't been around for quite some time.

And when he played offlane, he was average, you know, no where near top tier play, I could think of at 8 better off laners id have

You know Zai, the guy that hasn't played for a significant amount of time, why are people betting on him to be good enough to play at the highest level as he hasn't been around for quite some time.

And when he played offlane, he was average, you know, no where near top tier play, I could think of at 8 better off laners id have
But he has been playing? He streams semi regularly.

And when he played offlane he was on teams that were having much larger issues. His play has always been very good.

kionedrik

But he has been playing? He streams semi regularly.

And when he played offlane he was on teams that were having much larger issues. His play has always been very good.

I believe it's a matter of perception and lasting impression of his last performance. The last time we saw him play competitively was in TI5 and in the last couple of matches, especially the last one where Secret lost to VP, he was the best player in the team by far.
However, apart from those 3 or 4 matches, his overall performance tended to be average to high, a 7/10 if you will, although I know some managers and team leaders that prefer consistent 7's to guys that fluctuate between 5's and 10's.

even though bulba hasn't been playing bad

Move him to coach, fear to carry, aui to support, and add zai

I'd rather have Zai on support than offlane if only because I think his strengths lend themselves more to that in these metas.
I believe it's a matter of perception and lasting impression of his last performance. The last time we saw him play competitively was in TI5 and in the last couple of matches, especially the last one where Secret lost to VP, he was the best player in the team by far.
However, apart from those 3 or 4 matches, his overall performance tended to be average to high, a 7/10 if you will.
Just seems premature to write off one of the best players in dota 2 ever because he had some lack luster performances during a time where he clearly wasn't as driven and he was on a messy team.

kionedrik

I'd rather have Zai on support than offlane if only because I think his strengths lend themselves more to that in these metas.

Just seems premature to write off one of the best players in dota 2 ever because he had some lack luster performances during a time where he clearly wasn't as driven and he was on a messy team.

I wasn't writing him off. The kid got talent, there's no denying that. He's just not the second coming or a savior of any kind.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
OW is literally league TF2 down to 'we dont want to hurt or scare the players with new things'

T-THINK OF THE P-PUBS

yes, please do think about 99% of the playerbase

THAT SAID i think the playerbase can deal with new heroes

Chris R

I thought about doing an AirBnB for TI, but couldn't find a place close enough or cheap enough :(

Couldn't get the hotel I've stayed at the past two years so now I'm over a mile away from Key Arena lol :(

I thought about doing an AirBnB for TI, but couldn't find a place close enough or cheap enough :(

Couldn't get the hotel I've stayed at the past two years so now I'm over a mile away from Key Arena lol :(

I mentioned this before, but:
Just Uber it, especially if you're staying with friends. I did an AirBnB last year in Capitol Hill (i.e. not anywhere close the arena), but just took an Uber every day to the arena. Cost me about $6 and when split 3 ways was about the same as taking the bus would have cost.

kvk1

T-THINK OF THE P-PUBS

CHANGE!? NO NOT CHANGE! WHAT IS THIS -ADAPT- YOU SPEAK OF!????!?!2124343??

Let them fucking cry, I don't get it, Blizzard already have their fucking money(and their lives for some of them)and you're gonna let them propose balance changes on something that's new? I don't even know why people are taking the game so crazy seriously in a wacky team shooter, TF2 was never like this. Had a dude start screaming his lungs off at us cause no one picked Lucio(on PS4 there's zero mics so this guy was a ultra rare bird that you wanted extinct asap).

calm down bro

it's just game

Quesa

1 new OW character per month should work, considering that's still working out for them in HotS from a pub standpoint AFAIK

Russ T

Banned
i mean uh realistically why would they do more than one hero at a time anyway

that's a lot of work per character, so unless they hold off for a long time to do them in batches, you'd see new content less frequently

don't use uber tho the company is pretty shit use lyft instead (not perfect but still better)
Can someone explain this to me? I largely ignored Uber since I have a car but I'm probably moving soon and not taking my car, would nice to be up to date on such things.

Quesa

Can someone explain this to me? I largely ignored Uber since I have a car but I'm probably moving soon and not taking my car, would nice to be up to date on such things.

Short version: they treat their drivers poorly and have used some underhanded shit to poach them from competitors.

Russ T

Banned
Ah, pretty standard fare, then. I wasn't sure if it was something more extensive or just general capitalistic unsavouriness.

Yeah they're just more open about it than most companies. Kinda like Papa John's in that regard. Of course 100% ethical consumption of goods and/or services in a capitalistic society is impossible, but when a CEO basically brags about being a walking shitbag, that's usually when I check out.

Wok

You know there is a problem with OverWatch microtransactions vs grinding when the rant thread is 50 page long and the same people are arguing over and over for days, and now making bets of the timeline of additional content.

I am glad, with Dota2, we actually can buy ultra-rare stuff from the market (with a 3 month delay) instead of arguing over the number of loot boxes needed to get some ultra-rare doge courier, calculating hypothetical odds based on small sample sizes, etc.

Yeah they're just more open about it than most companies. Kinda like Papa John's in that regard. Of course 100% ethical consumption of goods and/or services in a capitalistic society is impossible, but when a CEO basically brags about being a walking shitbag, that's usually when I check out.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Quesa

You know there is a problem with OverWatch microtransactions vs grinding when the rant thread is 50 page long and the same people are arguing over and over for days, and now making bets of the timeline of additional content.

I am glad, with Dota2, we actually can buy ultra-rare stuff from the market (with a 3 month delay) instead of arguing over the number of loot boxes needed to get some ultra-rate doge courier.

Rare items that end up being $100+ tho

Quesa

I mean what does the dota community even want?

Dont devalue our items valve
cry.gif

Valve so greedy I cant even get the new super rare item in the first chest I buy
cry.gif

FTR idgaf about the value of my items deteriorating. I want better clothes for my play-pretend toys

kionedrik

Valve so greedy I cant even get the new super rare item in the first chest I buy
cry.gif

The point is: why should it be a random chance? If you're selling it let us buy it and don't force feed us some percentage based bullshit game that only serves to tickle the our gambling neurons in order to squeeze more money from us. It's a carrot on a stick system.

This is as true for Valve as it is for Blizzard, EA, etc.

52club

Nice post INKLS on the LOL content theft. I was in the LOL beta and had no idea how some of these things were related. I was coming from Demigod so LOL just didn't have the technical issues Demigod had, the rest I didn't know about.

I mean what does the dota community even want?

Dont devalue our items valve
cry.gif

cry.gif
Why not both? Any economy should have low value items that make up the vast majority that everyone can have and enjoy... and high value rare items that many want but few will ever possess. And of course lots of items in the middle that span the spectrum of prices. It kept the TF2 and CSGo economies vibrant.

I still don't know what happened with Dota2's Econ.

gai_shain

Why not both? Any economy should have low value items that make up the vast majority that everyone can have and enjoy... and high value rare items that many want but few will ever possess. And of course lots of items in the middle that span the spectrum of prices. It kept the TF2 and CSGo economies vibrant.

I still don't know what happened with Dota2's Econ.

Isnt that the case though? There are plenty of trash items, some really expensive ones and items inbetween.

Top Bottom