• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Sibylus

Banned
The throne is all that matters
dizzy.gif

I'd wouldn't classify this as a throw at all. Goddamn Alliance.

I mean they did buyback on both void and invoker and then lost both of these rather unceremoniously. Like the Invoker got actually swapped out by stolen swap from Rubik and cold Embraced but didn't just turn around afterwards and run but instead got further force staffed in. Though I'm not 100% sure on that. Maybe he actually was still disabled and unable to turn around before getting force staffed (be it by an ally or enemy). But yeh, void too just kinda died right in the middle.

It wasn't some hugely terrible play, sure, but they did take a risk that they really didn't have to when they were comfortably up 2 lanes of rax.

Madouu

I believe there were some terrible plays by the standards of a top tier game in the last 10 minutes of that game from Escape. Then again, it showed the difference in experience between the two teams and how they handle late game situations. Escape tried to be patient and not overcommit into Lasso and Swap, it worked well up until things started getting hectic and it was like a switch was flipped and they lost all of their patience and discipline.

You can see the panic at the end when void rushingly chronos TB twice to no avail while his team is busy dealing with the control heroes. The invoker BB during the push when they were two raxes ahead and not being able to make it to the fight quickly (also dropping his boots) was also very costly. Also, not having buyback money on void was a big mistake.

I would definitely call it a throw in the sense that Escape made a series of mistakes that led to this outcome. On the other hand, Alliance played a very clean late game, it was very nice to watch. I am not surprised though, they've been in this very situation many times and they trust each other to come out on top.

shira

bb , , , baka

https://twitter.com/TobiWanDOTA/status/747859912554799104 said:
Game 2 taking a little longer to start as @FollowAkke is having issues with his machine forcing a @Windows update.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
aight telltale game of thrones game was ass never buying another telltale game

CHOICES NEVER MATTER

thanks those who warned me im sorry i disregarded u

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My hatred for slacks burns hotter than the motherfucking SUN.

Russ T

Banned
Ah nevermind then. Dumb Nintendo locking things behind "points" instead of making me just pay for something I'm interested in.

i'm not exactly a fan of it, but nintendo's hardly the only party guilty of similar practices ):

fwiw it really isn't that hard to do, and it's basically a full picross game - i got a lot out of it

Chris R

Anchor void ;_; poor Necro

i'm not exactly a fan of it, but nintendo's hardly the only party guilty of similar practices ):

fwiw it really isn't that hard to do, and it's basically a full picross game - i got a lot out of it

Eh it's a time investment thing, I have plenty of other games/things to play on my 3DS that I already own :(

Russ T

Banned
Anchor void ;_; poor Necro

Eh it's a time investment thing, I have plenty of other games/things to play on my 3DS that I already own :(

yeah i feel you, if i didn't love picross as much as i do i wouldn't have cared enough to worry about it (although i did enjoy miitomo for all of an hour or whatever)

Chris R

yeah i feel you, if i didn't love picross as much as i do i wouldn't have cared enough to worry about it (although i did enjoy miitomo for all of an hour or whatever)

I love Picross too, but found the Nintendo games too easy. Very few 20x20 or higher puzzles :(

edit: loving these ESC picks, hope they and Alliance both make it to the main event :(

What the fuck was that Era. They get aegis, they waste Panda ulti and... then you engage? Da hell. That was a game losing move.

Even had to buyback and is now far behind in networth.

Top Bottom