• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

she's been buffed SIX straight times (including every ability and base damage) and is still straight garbage lol

joke hero

The problem is LC requires too much to be effective. You need to get a Blink\SB\SE or you can't gank early, and even then you need teamates to co-ordinate with you because you hit like a wet noodle. Then you need Armor Items, Treads, and Damage items simultaneously--oh and BKB. LC's steroid is built into her ult and requires you to be snowballing for it to actually make a difference. If she gets CC'd she is literally going to get nuked into oblivion. What they need to do is change one of her abilities to give her some more mobility so you aren't required to build SE\Blink. That frees up an item slow that can be used for something else.

I put LC in the same category as Gyro and Luna. Too item-dependent throughout the entire game.

shira

Next LAN is Starladder @ BTS House
EG, Secret, CoL, Fnatic, DC, CDECY, ex-VP, Navi
t1469124000z4.png

Online Global Grand Masters finishes up next week
Alliance, Empire, Liquid, Vega, Escape, Ad Finem

Pro Gamer League
MVP, Ehome, EhomeK, CDEC, CDECA, iGV, Mineski, Tongfu
t1469257200z4.png

Then TI Wildcard/Group Stages
t1470114000z4.png

My bad, - you didn't specifically mention anything in your pm.
It seems fine. How can I help???

I did the write up, but I can't update the main thread--the Wildcard matches and first day or so of groups are on a weekend I have to work--but I'll be around for the main event I believe. Just wanted to make sure the formatting was okay. I also need to go back through and update it since Wings just won The Summit 5 and dumpstered OG which is kind of a big deal.

Well, as long as others will be around to answer questions I can post the OT I suppose, I just won't be able to do a good job updating it until the main event--at which point I might try and do an updated bracket image and everything. I work August 8th and 9th (first 2 days of the main event) but have all the other days off.

shira

I did the write up, but I can't update the main thread--the Wildcard matches and first day or so of groups are on a weekend I have to work--but I'll be around for the main event I believe. Just wanted to make sure the formatting was okay.
Ok I see what you mean.

The way I get around that is to post the thread up a few weeks early and then tell nobody to post.
That way you can work on it when you have time - and the thread is already posted if you don't have time to post it the second the event starts.

I have your original text body so we are gucci.
If anything is missing or needs editing I can ask duckroll or evilore to Mod edit your OP if you are unavailable.
The tournament format and other stuff has not been revealed as of yet so yeah do as much as you can with the time you have and we can always fix it up later.

- For your images you just need to use
instead of just posting the url, what you were doing is http://i.imgur.com/79coPIf.png when you need to
79coPIf.png
to get the image to show
- I have the official Valve ones with transparency if you want since yours are all different sizes and non-transparent. I have most of them in my Manila Major OT http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204506121&postcount=2
rmxlS1w.png

H13

Qop lose against io by a wide margin
Man i'm salty
Enjoy ur io arcana "guys"

Ps:
Guys that i meant is pro players and 50 ppl that spam io

Ok I see what you mean.

The way I get around that is to post the thread up a few weeks early and then tell nobody to post.
That way you can work on it when you have time - and the thread is already posted if you don't have time to post it the second the event starts.

I have your original text body so we are gucci.
If anything is missing or needs editing I can ask duckroll or evilore to Mod edit your OP if you are unavailable.
The tournament format and other stuff has not been revealed as of yet so yeah do as much as you can with the time you have and we can always fix it up later.

- For your images you just need to use

I mentioned at the top of my message that I posted it into the Code tags and it stripped those out for some odd reason (apparently the Code tags are for ASCII or something, it applied all the tags except IMG tags, and stripped those out). My copy (I worked on most of it in a text file) has the IMG tags included. For some reason GIMP added in a white background for several of the images--most of them were taken from the TL pages for each team, and half of them had the transparent background but for some reason it got replaced when I resized them (used a standardized 200px height for all logos).

I can post it like a week in advance of the Wildcard games, and pop in to make edits occasionally on the days that I work.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Qop lose against io by a wide margin
Man i'm salty
Enjoy ur io arcana "guys"

Ps:
Guys that i meant is pro players and 50 ppl that spam io

I'm hoping when Wisp wins, Valve makes a second Arcana for one of the other 4 Fundamentals. I can't imagine a Wisp arcana taking to long to make, or selling well.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
a vote for io is a protest vote against valve's handling of the game, a kick by the neglected masses who have been ignored for too long in favour of metropolitan waifus who are out of touch with the disenfranchise Dota working class

#voteio

Twookie

valve gonna rig the votes so that pudge or wr wins

also that tay-kanye drama is tasty 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

pick borelock and claim ur free mmr lads

Good (in pubs) but unplayable heroes due to boringness:

- Omni
- Lich
- Ogre
- Warlock
- Dazzle
- Disruptor
- KotL (not amazing in pubs though)
- Necro
- Razor
- Treant
- Veno
- Viper
- Bristle (awful in higher level pubs however)

Ah and one more thing: GAF is performing like dogshit for me again. Sometimes, I can't refresh the page via F5 as it'll just freeze and force me to open a new tab with GAF. This is new.

kionedrik

If you enjoy 1/10 fun heroes, sure. I'd rather play Big Rigs.

Fun is subjective. I'd rather play most of those heroes that allow some experimentation item and skills-wise than some standard cookie-cutter right clicker like TB or AM.

I said it before and I'll defend that Omni is one of the most versatile heroes in the game. If you are conditioned to play him as a boring #4 forever, then yeah I guess you'll never have fun with him.

Top Bottom