• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Nice patch for supports I think. Echo sabre looks really interesting for heroes I play. Not happy with the bounty nerf, but not sure if the impact is that bad. Very mixed patch for me. Happy to see some nerfs as a spectator, disappointed by others as a player.

RIP in peace death profit.

It's not, what would make you think that?

12 seconds duration skywrath ult sounds super irrelevant, no hero is gonna stay in that postage stamp of an aoe for longer than 5 seconds. If you lock down a hero longer than that, he's probably dead anyway. See macropyre, but 1/10th the aoe.

Meanwhile the previous sky aghs was situationally useful, letting you do ~4000 damage after reductions over 2.4 seconds, blowing up any carry you can hex before bkb. It was skywraths way of being relevant in drawn out or snowbally games.

Burst damage is infinitely more useful than damage over time.

Wok

Axe, Lich, Luna, Magnus in every game.

Maybe more Kunkka, Meepo, Riki, maybe.

The buffs on Drow and Morphling are pretty big too.

Edit: I wish Riki's blink strike could still target couriers, as in the time when it was an ultimate.

Artanisix

my sf build actually got a fucking MASSIVE buff with the hurricane pike / aghs changes it's actually insane

i need to refine it and make a guide now

12 seconds duration skywrath ult sounds super irrelevant, no hero is gonna stay in that postage stamp of an aoe for longer than 5 seconds. If you lock down a hero longer than that, he's probably dead anyway. See macropyre, but 1/10th the aoe.

Meanwhile the previous sky aghs was situationally useful, letting you do ~4000 damage after reductions over 2.4 seconds, blowing up any carry you can hex before bkb. It was skywraths way of being relevant in drawn out or snowbally games.

Burst damage is infinitely more useful than damage over time.

? They didn't nerf the dps on Skywrath Aghs, they just increased the duration, i.e. in every case it still does the same damage if the opponent is in there for the same amount of time. It just does more now if the opponent is in there for longer than 2.4s.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot they increased the cooldown to 5s.

? They didn't nerf the dps on Skywrath Aghs, they just increased the duration, i.e. in every case it still does the same damage if the opponent is in there for the same amount of time. It just does more now if the opponent is in there for longer than 2.4s.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot they increased the cooldown to 5s.
Oh wait I thought it said it did the same total damage, alright then that's pretty good with long duration lockdown like chrono or duel but I'm not sure it's necessary.

Lets assume best case scenario where you lock someone down and douse them with skywrath ult for 5 seconds, using a big ult (chrono, duel, black hole, roar, etc.) or stacking stuns. Skywrath aghs ult will have done twice the damage of a regular ult, over twice the duraction. With skywrath's old aghs, he could do double or triple the damage without stretching the duration. You would only need a single regular stun or hex to nail the enemy alchemist with 4529.7 damage after reductions (3 * 1400 * 1.0875 from silence amp) in 2.4 seconds. Plus, the longer duration of the new aghs will give enemies more time to react and help their ally with force staff or glimmer cape.

The only upside of the new aghs is that you dont burn through your mana pool with one kill.

Twookie

skywrath aghs ult + primal roar = death
skywrath + any stun over 3s really = death
sick.gif

aeolist

Banned
just started reading, already i'm thinking rip push lineups

e. can't think of anyone other than ench who wants to buy hurricane pike, and on her it sounds op

bounchfx

God damn that's a big update. Looking forward to seeing the crazy shit that happens in this patch as well as reading all the impressions and bitching. Should be interesting!

just started reading, already i'm thinking rip push lineups

e. can't think of anyone other than ench who wants to buy hurricane pike, and on her it sounds op

Sniper wants it, hell I already saw Snipers get force staff sometimes against like Clockwork. It's a way for core heroes to get a defensive item but not have item slot problems.

Actually this item is really fucking bad for heroes such as lifestealer that want to get up close and personal, you cast this on them or yourself and you can shit on him while he tries to close the gap again. Ranged heroes with a lack of movement options(leap, windrun, etc) will want this kind of item. Maybe not drow since she already has Gust and that's the same.

TUSR

Banned
im not around tonight

someone should step up and get an inhouse going

(which doesnt mean wait for bokr to set one up)

I'm OK with spell scaling because INT never really did all that much prior. Apart from old OD and Silencer there was never any real incentive to buy it.

In comparison, STR gave HP + HP regen like how INT gave Mana + Mana regen but HP is useful on everyone so it wasn't a problem.

aiite DV out of retirement.

those new early game items will be pretty great for slowing those 8 minute 4-man gank trains. that tear especially. quite pleased. also, all of my heroes got buffed so there's that.

Is the new Silver Edge really that much better? I rarely built it, but I was under the impression the Sange Maim being packaged into it was half the reason why heroes like Slark and Naix liked it. Better for AGI heroes now I suppose. And cheaper.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
aight echo sabre troll was hella fun

Is the new Silver Edge really that much better? I rarely built it, but I was under the impression the Sange Maim being packaged into it was half the reason why heroes like Slark and Naix liked it. Better for AGI heroes now I suppose. And cheaper.

It's 650g cheaper and gives +15 to all stats now on top of the attack speed and damage. I'd take those for losing maim and 5 str. Cost is a big thing for shadowblade and silver edge, you want to get those up as quick as possible and shadowblade getting cheaper by 100g is very nice too.

Am I missing something or was silencer nerfed pretty hard overall? Nerfs to all his non-ultimate skills, in return for his (18%) slow being aoe? He no longer has a skill that's a nuke and slow in one, making him significantly worse in the early game. He doesn't have a useless spell to skip in favor of stats anymore, but rather two mediocre ones. This means that in the midgame he'll be missing those stats to complement his orb attack and awesome stat growths.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Dota2 Blog said:
After reading through the patch notes, head over to the Test client to try the changes out before it hits the main client in a day or two.

Patch could be out tomorrow
smile.gif
!!!!

Kard8p3

Riki buffs+New items will b hella fun. He's already super strong as an offlaner and I can't wait to see how much better he'll be
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Theory crafting time: Who benefits most from building Echo Sabre?

Ursa comes to mind ( fury swipes stacking), as does Riki ( smoke cloud + blink strike + backstab passive seems like it'd do a lot of work), but the item doesn't give any agility, and it definitely doesn't seem like a item you want late game. Maybe Riki roaming support that later aims to transition to carry late game?

Maybe Bristleback? Strength and intel are all things he could use, as is the mana regen item, and you make better use of his warpath damage stacks.

Kard8p3

Ursa comes to mind ( fury swipes stacking), as does Riki ( smoke cloud + blink strike + backstab passive seems like it'd do a lot of work), but the item doesn't give any agility, and it definitely doesn't seem like a item you want late game. Maybe Riki roaming support that later aims to transition to carry late game?

Maybe Bristleback? Strength and intel are all things he could use, as is the mana regen item, and you make better use of his warpath damage stacks.

Riki works super well with it I think, offlane riki with tranqs anyway. Passive is rly good,gives hp and mana which means you can spam your shit more often.

marrec

Banned

What do you think of DK with Saber. It gives him some much needed int and mana regen and some ability to fight effectively in the midgame outside of dragon form

Anno

Maybe Sven I guess? Two quick hits and a 100% MS for long enough to maybe get off a third. Useful if you get on top of someone when stun is down.

aeolist

Banned
other than a few heroes most of the buffs and nerfs look really minor

aghs continue to be mostly useless or really fringe

item changes look big and early push looks significantly harder

Tiny, probably. High damage and slow attack speed means he proportionally gets the most dps from it out of all the heroes. The slow is wasted on the first proc though, as he initiates with a disable anyways.

EDIT: It might be amazing on spirit breaker if the charge attack doesnt waste the proc. Testing now.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

sven/troll imo

I can see Sven benefitting lots from Echo Sabre ( free attack with God's strength seems good!), but I feel like Sven is often super slot starved already. Threads, TP, Helm -> Satanic, Blink, BKB and Daedalus all seem core on him, not sure where to put the Echo Sabre. Also same problem with Tiny: you're initiating off a stun anyway, so it seems like you're kind of wasting the 100% move slow a bit.

Why Troll though? Bash isn't guaranteed, though admittedly more chances to bash are never bad.

Alastor3

My friend is totally against the intelligence scale thing, he say it look too much like LoL and the nuker like Lion are gonna do too much damage.

I can see Sven benefitting lots from Echo Sabre ( free attack with God's strength seems good!), but I feel like Sven is often super slot starved already. Threads, TP, Helm -> Satanic, Blink, BKB and Daedalus all seem core on him, not sure where to put the Echo Sabre. Also same problem with Tiny: you're initiating off a stun anyway, so it seems like you're kind of wasting the 100% move slow a bit.
seems you'd have an open slot after you upgrade to travels.

Blink
Travels
Daed
BKB
Satanic / AC
Echo Saber

?

My friend is totally against the intelligence scale thing, he say it look too much like LoL and the nuker like Lion are gonna do too much damage.

he thinks 1% every 16 intelligence points on a hero that isn't going to stack a bunch of Int items is going to give them too much damage? We're talking what? Maybe +10% magic damage by the end? At best, it means they aren't completely irrelevant and ignorable. This is a good thing.

Top Bottom