• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PS4/XB1 |OT| They're master ports all, you can't go wrong

I played a strider like character my first times years ago. Going to start this again soon, whats the best magic type and best warrior type. Trying to figure out what to play this time and can't decide. Those gifs of huge magic casts always made me super impressed.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So what abilities should I be using as Magick Archer? I’m pretty much using sixfold bolt and hunter bolt. Not sure what else to use

Immolation is one of his best, although it is physical instead of magical. Explosive volley is also very powerful, very useful against dragon enemies, especially in BBI. In BBI, Ricochet Hunter is especially very powerful in many situations.

Magick Rebalancer is also very useful in many situations. Of course, Hundred Kisses is also very good, and can be upgraded to Thousand Kisses if you can find the BBI accessory for it.

Achire

I've been using your pawn. Are you finished the main game? I noticed all your equipment is now dragon forged I think it's called. That is done by killing a dragon, right?

When you kill The Dragon all items worn get dragonforged, but that's only once per playthrough. The normal way to dragonforge items is to kill one of the other dragonkin such as the drake in Devilfire Grove. In those cases worn equipment has a chance of being dragonforged. The probability is higher for gear that has been upgraded.

Ferr986

When you kill The Dragon all items worn get dragonforged, but that's only once per playthrough. The normal way to dragonforge items is to kill one of the other dragonkin such as the drake in Devilfire Grove. In those cases worn equipment has a chance of being dragonforged. The probability is higher for gear that has been upgraded.

Online Ur-Dragon also dragonforge all of your shit. Easily done in NG+ where you have the teleport stone in Cassardis. Wonder if there's a Ur-Dragon progress thread in Gamefaqs like with the 360 version...

leehom

Online Ur-Dragon also dragonforge all of your shit. Easily done in NG+ where you have the teleport stone in Cassardis. Wonder if there's a Ur-Dragon progress thread in Gamefaqs like with the 360 version...
Where and how to fight online ur-dragon? Is the one dragon near the fort the end game boss?

Ferr986

Where and how to fight online ur-dragon? Is the one dragon near the fort the end game boss?

No, he's post game stuff
he's located in The Everfall, but if you jump to NG+ you get a teleport to his room in Cassardis.

There's two versions, if you play offline he is easier but doesn't Dragonforge alll of your stuff (it is random what you get forged). If you play online he's like a community boss, meaning that his HP pool is inmense and you can't beat it because he leaves after 30 or so mins, but the progress is shared between everyone server wise.

It's a little trickier because you have to give the killing blow to dragonforged, that's why there were posts in some forums that kept checking his HP progress.

When his HP is fully depleted because someone managed to kill him, he'll spawn to everyone with no HP and you can kill him by yourself too. That period between a Ur-Dragon spawning with 0 HP and a new one with full HP last like ¿an hour? or so (called grace period by the community).

He also drops gear but the BBI is better. Also lots of wakestones.

EDIT; Btw , different dragons have different % of dragonforge success, with the Cursed Dragon on BBI being the highest (he has really high chances with 3 star gear). Because of this, I don't expect the online Ur-Dragon to be much populated..

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hey, my girlfriend got your friend request! Your pawn is really cute! My partner likes her bookish appeal.

Her own pawn is quite a bit higher level now, and I'm throwing in a picture:

PSN: Agacerie
Pawn Name: Sofiane
Pawn Level: 90
Pawn Vocation: Lv. 9 Ranger

Thanks :) I'll be looking forward to use your pawn :) she looks cool!

Thought those glasses looked familiar! I used your pawn at some point over the weekend, before seeing your post. Seems all roads lead to Gran Soren. :)

Appreciated!

My pawn is a fighter

In PC, too bad we can't exchange pawns this time Banana :(

:(

Hmmm....my pawn is a fighter tank....

Mine is a fighter tank. level 60+

PSN Abylim

Added two of you in PSN.

sublimit

Banned
Damn i need to focus on work but all i can think of since i woke up is this damn game!!!

I put more than 400 hours in the vanilla and DA PS3 versions years ago and now with this version i still can't get enough of it. In 30+ years of gaming very few games have managed to do that on me.

Ferr986

I'm on the very few but I actually enjoy running around the world of DD. I usually enjoy going through wide forests with tall trees and overal more reallistic worlds instead of ones with points of interest every 2 steps (like a lot of MMOs, for example, guess why I enjoy Black Desert map more than other MMOs).

I just miss more small villages though (I like small villages more than big cities). Too many fortress...

sublimit

Banned
I'm on the very few but I actually enjoy running around the world of DD. I usually enjoy going through wide forests with tall trees and overal more reallistic worlds instead of ones with points of interest every 2 steps (like a lot of MMOs, for example, guess why I enjoy Black Desert map more than other MMOs).

I just miss more small villages though (I like small villages more than big cities). Too many fortress...

Just imagine a sequel with a much bigger world,more variety in enemies and locations,more villages,bigger towns and more dynamic weather...

tumblr_mq17cyN5631rc9etho1_500.gif

OTIX

I played a strider like character my first times years ago. Going to start this again soon, whats the best magic type and best warrior type. Trying to figure out what to play this time and can't decide. Those gifs of huge magic casts always made me super impressed.
The game expects you to play multiple vocations on the same character so that you can put together a good selection of augments. For example if you wanna play a Fighter in the endgame then you really want the Clout augment from Warrior and maybe Bloodlust from Assassin, etc.

The big spells are exclusive to the Sorcerer vocation but even then you probably want some levels in Figher for the carry weight augment, maybe Ferocity from Warrior, Stability from Ranger and so on.

The game expects you to play multiple vocations on the same character so that you can put together a good selection of augments. For example if you wanna play a Fighter in the endgame then you really want the Clout augment from Warrior and maybe Bloodlust from Assassin, etc.

The big spells are exclusive to the Sorcerer vocation but even then you probably want some levels in Figher for the carry weight augment, maybe Ferocity from Warrior, Stability from Ranger and so on.

Thanks for that!

B-Dex

Please take my fledgling sorcerer on your journeys.

PSN: B-Dex
Platform: PS4
Pawn: Bahari
Lvl: 16-17
Vocation: Sorcerer
Inclinations: Scather (I think)

Loving this game so far but can I ask anyone, just to make sure something isn't wrong with my setup. Is anyone getting really really bad banding effects in this game. Particularly at night time looking at the sky? Is this normal?

Meowster

My poor pawn got her first negative review today after a stellar career of positive endorsements and support. Poor Artemisia. I hope she is handling it well. She seemed SO devastated.

pots555

My pawn is ranked around 22 300. How does this thing work? When I get into the rift, some pawns are already summoned. Is this random or based on ratings? Thanks!

Zeta Oni

Have sent requests to all the XBL gamertags in the GAF pawn share post, remember you have to add people back in order for the RC cost to be removed.

Those of you I can find through the gamertag pawn search, I will also use.

Achire

My pawn is ranked around 22 300. How does this thing work? When I get into the rift, some pawns are already summoned. Is this random or based on ratings? Thanks!

The ranking is based on the number of times your pawn has been hired. So there are about 22000 pawns with more hires and many many more with less.

My poor pawn got her first negative review today after a stellar career of positive endorsements and support. Poor Artemisia. I hope she is handling it well. She seemed SO devastated.

Your ratings my drop a bit once people start taking your pawn into BBI. There are things that can send your pawn straight to the rift, so that is an automatic 3 star rating. Especially if they are trying to farm
2nd form Daimon, if they can't kill him before his rift attack, the pawns are gone.

Ferr986

Loving this game so far but can I ask anyone, just to make sure something isn't wrong with my setup. Is anyone getting really really bad banding effects in this game. Particularly at night time looking at the sky? Is this normal?

It is. This game has some serious banding issues.

Here is an update on my pawn:

PSN: tiebreaker110
Platform: PS4
Pawn: Peter
Lvl: around lv 25
Vocation: Strider -> will change to ranger after maxing strider

I haven't really made much progress yesterday and today as I've been busy, and the game honestly hasn't clicked yet for me.

I'm running with Artemisia at the moment. Girl needs a good feed though, she looks like she has an eating disorder. I was tempted to put her in the nun's outfit just so I didn't have to see her individual bones interacting with one another.

The ranking is based on the number of times your pawn has been hired. So there are about 22000 pawns with more hires and many many more with less.

As a test I made a pawn on an alt account, did nothing with it.

I check it's ranking on main account...56k.

I thought this game was selling out?

Update on my pawn:

PSN ID: leadmonkey123
Pawn: Cassandra
Level: 15
Vocation: Fighter
Inclinations: Scather/Mitgator
Other: Gets right into wasting fools!

Thanks to "Liv Moore" for being a straight boss through the Witchwood!

Meowster

I'm running with Artemisia at the moment. Girl needs a good feed though, she looks like she has an eating disorder. I was tempted to put her in the nun's outfit just so I didn't have to see her individual bones interacting with one another.
I’m surprised you could tell underneath all the massive chain armor she wears. :p

I’m surprised you could tell underneath all the massive chain armor she wears. :p
She needs leg armour. Or meals. At the moment if she loses her sword she'll be fine, she'll be able to stab them with her knees :p

Haha, when I release her I'll send something edible to go with the 5 star ratings :)

Top Bottom