• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age II |OT| The Revenge of Shit Mountain

Corky said:
For those who played the first one and the second one ( demo , pressrelease etc ) :

I can get both for the same price, but I can only chose one.
Do you recommend me buying and playing the first or second one?

Console or PC? For console, based on the demo alone and a handful of reviews, I'd say DA2. Origins on the consoles is just a mess. A hot mess, but still a mess.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Kinspiracy said:
Console or PC? For console, based on the demo alone and a handful of reviews, I'd say DA2. Origins on the consoles is just a mess. A hot mess, but still a mess.

on my brandnew pc ;) <3

WanderingWind said:
I gave that D2D thing a spin. 47 bucks on the PC. Almost tempting.

Almost.

Yeah, I'm paying 50 for the Signature through Amazon. I guess I pre-ordered it before EA decided they were going to raise the PC price to $60. Free upgrade my ass.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Confidence Man said:
Or you could get Witcher 2 for $36...

...why yes. Yes I could. Except I had that bitch pre-ordered immediately. But...I got the RPGitch. I got it bad.

Corky said:
on my brandnew pc ;) <3

Then there is zero contest. DA:O is excellent on the PC.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
WanderingWind said:

Done and done. Can't wait to play it tonight!

*sighs@13gb download*

Tokubetsu

WanderingWind said:
...why yes. Yes I could. Except I had that bitch pre-ordered immediately. But...I got the RPGitch. I got it bad.

So did you go with D2D? Think I'm about to buy and do the pre-load thing on steam.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Tokubetsu said:
So did you go with D2D? Think I'm about to buy and do the pre-load thing on steam.

Man, I just can't bring myself to do it, honestly. Right now, there is so much disinformation being put out that I can't make a rational decision.

Let's put it this way. If there was a toggle for iso view on the PC, I'd probably cave. But I think I'm going to wait for more actual info to come out on the RPG aspects.

Tokubetsu

WanderingWind said:
Man, I just can't bring myself to do it, honestly. Right now, there is so much disinformation being put out that I can't make a rational decision.

Let's put it this way. If there was a toggle for iso view on the PC, I'd probably cave. But I think I'm going to wait for more actual info to come out on the RPG aspects.

That's how I was before the demo and I'm still skeptical as fuck but I think I'm just gonna bite anyway. I'm one of those weak suckers haha. I did enjoy ME2.

chris-013

I'm still in act1, I think I have recruited every character but I have done 0 main quest.
There are too much side quests it's crazy... I have done about 15 sidequests and there are still more !

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm tipping the scales on whether I'm going to cancel my preorder. I figure by the time I get done with DA1 finally and have time to play the game it will have its ultimate edition on Steam with everything on it including the signature edition "freebies" for sale.

chris-013 said:
I'm still in act1, I think I have recruited every character but I have done 0 main quest.
There are too much side quests it's crazy... I have done about 15 sidequests and there are still more !
Supposedly Act 1 is the longest of the 3 acts in the game.

chris-013 said:
Same. Game is huge.

Dumb q but who sells armor that my companions can wear?

chris-013

I still think archer is very op, you can buy/find bow with 70 damage and 50 DPS. You just need to put every point in dextery to equip them asap.

I will try with a gentle Female Hawke Archer to test that soon...

kai3345

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
He made bright orange a red-head but Beth and Carver still have dark hair.

Someone was adopted. :p
Seriously BioWare. If you're going to let the family change based on the characters appaearence, don't half ass it.

In the demo I tried so many combinations but I only got 2 sets. One for white skin and another for dark skin

I was supremely hyped for this game until I played the demo... It just seemed to much like the first one, except with uglier armor and dumbed down combat. I still will play it for sure, but I think for the time being I'm going to buy ME2 on PS3 and enjoy that one. Hopefully by the time I'm done with that obe there will be a consensus on DA2

DigitalDevil said:
I was supremely hyped for this game until I played the demo... It just seemed to much like the first one, except with uglier armor and dumbed down combat. I still will play it for sure, but I think for the time being I'm going to buy ME2 on PS3 and enjoy that one. Hopefully by the time I'm done with that obe there will be a consensus on DA2

Good luck waiting for a consensus on this one. It could make some people a 5 course meal and felate them while they ate it and they still wouldn't like the game. The game you just said you're going to buy doesn't have a consensus either. Welcome to the wonderful world of Bioware games.

*edit* I can't tell from the demo, and this guy doing the live stream doesnt have damage numbers on, but does each successive hit of the auto attack do more damage than the previous?

chris-013

DigitalDevil said:

The demo means shit.
80% of the game is in kirkwall.

Kinspiracy said:
*edit* I can't tell from the demo, and this guy doing the live stream doesnt have damage numbers on, but does each successive hit of the auto attack do more damage than the previous?
There is a rogue ability where every single auto attack stacks a crit chance or something.

Kinspiracy said:
Apparently in the age of dragons the only thing on women that ages is their hair.

Speaking of hair. Holy crap it moves. :O

Guess I was a tiny bit wrong about the hair being on par with FFX.

Tokubetsu

Zeliard said:
Moving hair?

Re-pre-ordered.
mZm9R.jpg

kai3345

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
I think the voice acting has been really good so far, at least compared to most games these days.
really?

Most of the characters sound like robots to me. FemHawke has grown on me, despite not liking her actor in the demo. Maybe its the look of the Stream's Hawke, I guess it matches the voice better tha/n default Hawke did.

But Flemeth and FemHawke have really been the only good acting ive seen thus far.

Top Bottom