• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age II |OT| The Revenge of Shit Mountain

aegies

Salaadin said:
What about in game? The demo also lets you pick Very High from the config screen but Im pretty sure theyre only listed as High in game.

EDIT: Yeah, pics:

Config tool:
wrarue.jpg

In game:
5zodup.png

In game for me:

highresingame.jpg

No support for controllers. And that's about all I can say given the embargo isn't up.

mrpeabody

kai3345 said:
Ah glad they finally added a "Compare To" option in shops. That was always a pain that I had to switch which character talked to the shopkeeper to compare gear
Origins had that:
2zzuxb6.jpg

Maybe it was missing in the console version.

Jerk 2.0 said:
The general scenario also looks more interesting as well.

The 10 year thing(or 9, rather) has great potential for making shit actually matter.

Edit: The stream just stopped working for me.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
The 10 year thing(or 9, rather) has great potential for making shit actually matter.

Edit: The stream just stopped working for me.
Stream has been down for me the last 4 minutes

2San

mrpeabody said:
Maybe it was missing in the console version.
Nah console version had it as well. While comparing, you could use the bumpers(R1/L1) to switch the character who's equipment you are comparing with.

aegies said:
The high res textures are on the retail disc. Or at least, they're in my review disc:

highrestextures.jpg

And the game looks significantly better in DX11 than DX9.

How is the performance with high resolution textures enabled?

Haunted

I didn't even think of the possibility that some modders might be able to implement a top down perspective post-release.

Does the game come with the usual editor?

Trickster

How much does selecting dx11 impact performance in the retail version? In the demo i went from what felt like a solid 60 fps on dx9, down to a choppy mess when enabling dx11. And I have a 460gtx, which I thought would be more than good enough.

Truant

The dragon fight looked just like an MMO, with enemies spawning out of thin air right in front of the player and the super-bland graphics.

What happened, Bioware?

chris-013

Ok, I just bought the bow in the lower town with 59 damage and 55 DPS...
It's crazy, my rogue archer Hawke lv5 do 100 damage per attack 200 when critical and 150-250 with skill !

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Am I still going to have to control the Mage manually most of the time for them to be any good? I had to roll Mage in DAO simply because I wanted to be able to primarily control my own character.

kai3345

Banned
I just realized. What happens if you import an Orlesian Warden (aka a Warden created specifically for Awakening, so who story wise would have no idea who Morrigan was) into Witch Hunt?

kai3345 said:
I just realized. What happens if you import an Orlesian Warden (aka a Warden created specifically for Awakening, so who story wise would have no idea who Morrigan was) into Witch Hunt?

It's implied that the Dog is the Dog of the original Warden, but never overtly stated. You're asked by the crown to investigate rumors of Morrigan, and sent to her hut. Nothing really changes. At the end, she seems wistful for the old Warden, and regrets their fate. She leaves you the book and goes through the portal. The end.

That's what I did my first time through.

The game can look really nice at times but they put very little attention to detail or time into the environments and variety. I swear to god they use the EXACT same brown wall texture in every single interior. 12 hrs in enjoying it a lot but the game just feels like it was rushed out

Squire

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Couldnt you change it in DA1? Sure its better than nothing but its worse than in the last game

Well, it might end up being better. It'll certainly be less tedious. The upgrades are probably branching and for specific categories rather than just hitting x and having whatever random helm your wearing become more powerful altogether.

Inorigo said:
Well, it might end up being better. It'll certainly be less tedious. The upgrades are probably branching and for specific categories rather than just hitting x and having whatever random helm your wearing become more powerful altogether.
Meh I dont think its better at all so far but to each his own

Patryn

Continuing the theme of this game being shrouded in rumors and lies, I read on the official forums that the live chat confirmed that there is a toggle for auto-attack hidden somewhere on the console version.

Can anyone who watched confirm that this isn't another lie?

Gvaz

Banned
Patryn said:
Continuing the theme of this game being shrouded in rumors and lies, I read on the official forums that the live chat confirmed that there is a toggle for auto-attack hidden somewhere on the console version.

Can anyone who watched confirm that this isn't another lie?

It's an ability on a per creature basis. You go in, select auto attack on that creature, and you auto attack. I don't know if it resets when you do another ability.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
ughhhhhhhhhh sorry for the DA1 talk :

Spent 10hours downloading the 13gb downloadfile
Spent anoter eternity unpacking,installing,etc
*click start*
"There's been an error with your install, please reinstall"
*heartburn*
Google the problem - solution = download EADM software,drm bullshit w/e
Install shitbag
*click start*
"There's been an error with your install, please reinstall"
*instauninstall,defragg, ccleaner, done*

20$ down the drain.

Wish I could give away the cd-key but I guess I fucked everything up by using that EADM whoreprogram.....

/umadrant

edit : then again I guess all the DLC-cd key is still salvagable, so whoever wants it holla

Gvaz

Banned
I get that sometimes on my impulse version, especially when you move the game to a different hard drive.

The solution usually is doing something with EA CORE (try running from EA DOWNLOADER maybe?).

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I'm not at home right now :(

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Gvaz said:
I get that sometimes on my impulse version, especially when you move the game to a different hard drive.

The solution usually is doing something with EA CORE (try running from EA DOWNLOADER maybe?).

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I'm not at home right now :(

It's all good mate, I tried running it from the download manager - didn't work

Recently I've been going through tons of mental shit so I really don't find myself spending more than 60s on tinkering with fucking garbage like this that should be working from the getgo. My fuse has gotten really short and things like this really mess with my anger issues.

Regardless, I uninstalled it and removed any trace of the shit. Guess I won't be wasting money on da2 :)

kai3345

Banned
Corky said:
It's all good mate, I tried running it from the download manager - didn't work

Recently I've been going through tons of mental shit so I really don't find myself spending more than 60s on tinkering with fucking garbage like this that should be working from the getgo. My fuse has gotten really short and things like this really mess with my anger issues.

Regardless, I uninstalled it and removed any trace of the shit. Guess I won't be wasting money on da2 :)
Get it from steam. install n go

edit: Currently playing through DAO on PC to get an importable save into Origins. Ugh, I still have to go through the Deep Roads (already done all the Jarvia stuff and whatnot so thats good) then the Urn and then the endgame.

You guys think I should jsut cut it to easy? I mean I've already played the game three times on 360, and i'd like to get it done before DA2 drops on Tuesday

Rahxephon91 said:
That's a matter of opinion. The direction they are taking Dragon Age 2 is fine for a lot of us.

DA2 still looks like it's going to have stat progression and character classes. Basically stuff I like about rpgs. It also now has more interactive combat, better graphics, and a better look. It looks like it's going in a great direction. And fuck isometric camera angels, they have always sucked.

Exactly, I could care less about DnD and it's rules and what not.

It's people like you who are the part of the problem here.

Lostconfused said:
Why do you have to drag up terrible posts? Just let them lie forgoten in pages past.

Sorry. A little behind on this thread.

It's hard to follow through on my resolve not to harsh anyone who likes this direction when they're being this strident.

cartman414 said:
Sorry. A little behind on this thread.

It's hard to follow through on my resolve not to harsh anyone who likes this direction when they're being this strident.

So is it impossible for someone (like me) to love a game like Neverwinter Nights as well as DA:O and love what Bioware has done with DA2?

shinobi602 said:
So is it impossible for someone (like me) to love a game like Neverwinter Nights as well as DA:O and love what Bioware has done with DA2?
To be quiet honest I find it hard to believe that anyone liked Neverwinter Nights.

Edit: Although in the context of that post I guess DA:O is the odd one out and unexplicable.

shinobi602 said:

Not necessarily. There's at least one poster here who still enjoys it while recognizing that it's basically dumbed down in comparison to the original. At the very least though you should fully realize the step away from a subgenre in long need of a revival, which Dragon Age may no longer be if the sequel happens to become par for the course.

Top Bottom