• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age II |OT| The Revenge of Shit Mountain

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
shinobi602 said:
Poor sales....?

It sold 2 million copies in the first week >__>

It wasn't really that hyped. By now it's sold at least double that amount. It did great.

no, it didn't:

Later, in a conference call, EA said that Mass Effect 2 had sold 1.6 million copies, while Dante's Inferno sold just under one million.

RS4-

Basileus777 said:
Have you found out if it's better to sell your junk items or are they worth keeping for crafting?
There's nothing to craft with junk items. I'm not even sure why they're there as they don't amount to much when you sell them. All the crafting just involves the things like elf root or lyrium you find in the dungeons/city.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
water_wendi said:
When was that? Launch day afternoon?
As of the end of March actually.

That said, it seems to be quite a bit higher now, but we've notably not gotten an update since then.

We should find out when they finally officially unveil ME3, since EA almost always reveals the previous title's sales then.

endaround

Neo Member
kai3345 said:
Do any characters (aside from Anders) from DAO play any sort of major role in the story beyond a cameo?
Well Merrill was a character from the Dalish origin story and Isabela was in the brothel.

Not sure why people were saying a few days ago that you couldn't create a tactic for your tank (or any party member) to drink a potion when they reached a certain level of health, stamina, or mana, but you most definitely can.

Rodhull

Surely if they're releasing it at Xmas time as they're worried about sales putting in direct competition with Skyrim, COD, Uncharted 3 etc can't be the smartest move.

jackdoe

Welp, just started installing and was shocked to see only 5 GB was needed on my HDD. Guess those reused dungeons saved a bunch of space!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Rodhull said:
Surely if they're releasing it at Xmas time as they're worried about sales putting in direct competition with Skyrim, COD, Uncharted 3 etc can't be the smartest move.
Actually, the way EA does their holiday releases is rather interesting.

They're out for a few weeks and then they price nuke them to $35-$40 for almost the entire holiday so they rack up a lot of sales.

DA:O they were so worried about it effectively launched at $40 and stayed there the whole season. It did get them to 3.2 million copies shipped though.

Kinspiracy said:
Not sure why people were saying a few days ago that you couldn't create a tactic for your tank (or any party member) to drink a potion when they reached a certain level of health, stamina, or mana, but you most definitely can.
You couldn't in the demo, but the tactics menu in the PC demo was broke and useless. Honestly I am shocked that at least two things got fixed in the retail version.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I did someone a large favor and, unexpectedly, they insisted on giving me $50 for the trouble, so now I am debating whether or not I should get this... After playing so much Mass Effect 2 this week I feel like I would enjoy it more than I did Origins. The dialogue wheel helps you understand the context of what attitude your character will say whatever (I had to reload a few times in Origins b/c I was like "What? That's totally not what I meant it to mean!") and I prefer the storytelling style.

Lostconfused said:
You couldn't in the demo, but the tactics menu in the PC demo was broke and useless. Honestly I am shocked that at least two things got fixed in the retail version.

Yeah, but I asked a couple days ago of the people who claimed to have the retail version and they confirmed that you could in fact not create those kinds of tactics, which then lead to a discussion of global timers etc. I'm glad they were wrong.

V_Arnold

I bought the game, and damn, OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE CHECK!
And it is set to 03.11..

Thanks, EA. Like I am not holding the game in my hands, huh? It is a single player game....

TheUsual

Gold Member
Xamdou said:
So can I import a save from Witch Hunt? ( I did DA origins > awakening > Witch Hunt in this order)
I think so. When I imported, I used my character that was from Witch Hunt (it was the last of the DLCs I played). The game tells you the decisions that I made throughout the game. It said I did the Dark Ritual with Morrigan, but never mentioned my Warden
going into the Portal with Morrigan.
Did this pop up for anyone else?

V_Arnold said:
I bought the game, and damn, OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE CHECK!
And it is set to 03.11..

Thanks, EA. Like I am not holding the game in my hands, huh? It is a single player game....

Yeah I noticed that as well. Was it also an internet activation as well (like a machine activation)?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Rodhull said:

Also the odd man out gets murdered with prices drop leading into Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Last year NFS:HP got hit hard, released $60 2 weeks before Black Friday, which had deals running the game for $35
(Most just waited for price drop)

Just checked GameFly coming soon, 4 games out that month so far:

Uncharted 3 (11/1), Battlefield 3 (11/1), COD:????? (11/8 or 11/15), and Skyrim (11/11, weird it's releasing on a Friday, what gives?)

Let's see what this years Black Friday price cut is going to be, COD will be staying @ $60, Uncharted also

So either Skyrim gets price drop tp $40 1-2 weeks after release or it could be Battlefield 3 (EA)?

TheUsual said:
I think so. When I imported, I used my character that was from Witch Hunt (it was the last of the DLCs I played). The game tells you the decisions that I made throughout the game. It said I did the Dark Ritual with Morrigan, but never mentioned my Warden
I haven't played it for myself yet, but I've seen that spoiler referenced in a stream of the PC version's save importer. Which version are you playing?

I've seen this same issue come up on the official BioWare forums as well. I'm still finishing my DA:O "complete save" on '360 and I hope my import will go through correctly.

Vamphuntr

TheUsual said:

There was a glitch in the first version of witch hunt where it wouldn't create a final save at the end. Maybe that's the problem?

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
8.0 from Gamespot

Praises the player choice, writing, and fun of the combat.

Slams the main story, oversimplification, and tactical depth of the combat.

Kevin VanOrd is a good reviewer who understands RPGs, so I have some faith in this review. I think I'll pick up the game when it's cheaper.

Truant

I thought it was pretty funny how the talkative guy in one of the Inn's kept talking about how "everything felt less complex these days, like eating and fighting."

Must have been intentional.

TheUsual

Gold Member
ElectricBlue187 said:
At least they did the Steam users right (no additional DRM) just that alone means I'll at least pick this up on the next holiday sale
The retail version DRM isn't bad either: No need for the disc once it's installed, no pc activation limit, can play offline once it has been connected once online. Not too shabby I must say.

Grisby

So how does one get this black emporium thing? I've got the signature edition for the 360 but I haven't seen anything for it anywhere.

TheUsual

Gold Member
firehawk12 said:
Question - is there an extra code for The Exiled Prince? My copy of the game only had a code for Black Emporium...
What system are you playing on? I used the registration key on the back of the manual (pc signature edition here) on the Bioware Social site to unlock it.

Vamphuntr

Apparently there is a glitch in the 360 version that can make your character pretty much invincible. Conditions to trigger it are not clear but when you deequip a shield and equip another one you still keep the armor bonus of the last shield you equipped on your total. By equipping and dequipping the shield a lot you can get to 1000 armor rating quickly.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/6407579

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TheUsual said:
What system are you playing on? I used the registration key on the back of the manual (pc signature edition here) on the Bioware Social site to unlock it.
Hilaho said:
Did you buy the signature edition?
Yeah, it's the black cover edition, and it's the 360 version. There's a slip inside the cover for the Black Emporium, but I don't see anything for the Exiled Prince.

TheUsual

Gold Member
firehawk12 said:
Yeah, it's the black cover edition, and it's the 360 version. There's a slip inside the cover for the Black Emporium, but I don't see anything for the Exiled Prince.
I honestly don't know then, sorry about that. There's nothing else in the case? Nothing inside the manual or on the back of it?

jackdoe

firehawk12 said:
There's only one code (for the PC version) that unlocks everything.

StUnNeR H2K

Is it at all possible to pick up a signature edition still? I was just schooled by Best Buy... I pre-ordered before the required date to get the signature edition and I didn't get the signature edition. The store tells me I'm out of luck since they only had one copy of the signature edition to hand out, but this completely defeats the purpose of pre-ordering.

Any hope for me? I have yet to open the copy of the game they did gave me, cause I plan to return it.

TheUsual

Gold Member
jackdoe said:
Well you have the Online Pass from EA and the registration key on the back of the manual.

EDIT
I'm wrong, Jackdoe is right. My bad.

Haklong

jackdoe said:

I have the PC signature edition on its way today. If I register that will that content be available for the 360 version also, or is that content not cross platform like the Sir Isaac Armor?

Dead

well not really...yet
So I decided to get this

Walked into Gamestop and bought a signature edition for 360. So much for pre-ordering lol.

Grisby

italianfreak240 said:
I got the online pass paper but guess what no code its just blank.

I posted on Biowares forums (thanks to the guy for the link above). Seems like some people didn't get jack squat with their copies.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Haklong said:
I have the PC signature edition on its way today. If I register that will that content be available for the 360 version also, or is that content not cross platform like the Sir Isaac Armor?
I have the pc signature version, the online pass that unlocked the Black Emporium, The Exiled Prince, and Signature Edition Rewards only unlocked that stuff for the PC version and not for 360 and PS3.

jtrov

firehawk12 said:
Question - is there an extra code for The Exiled Prince? My copy of the game only had a code for Black Emporium...

The Exiled Prince and Signature Bonus content should be on the back.

jackdoe

Haklong said:
No. Only applies to the PC version.

And shit. They don't let you tweak the freaking preset Hawke? The hell? I hate the facial structure, but I like the fact that the hair and beard aren't shitty like the rest of the character creation hairs and beards.

Top Bottom