• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
So I just started the game, been walking around the hinterlands for a bit. On PC as a two handed warrior, any tips on how I should be playing? Been playing with a controller, should I drop it and use M/KB instead? Only asking cause the hold button to attack thing makes me feel like I'm playing the game totally stupid in comparison to how I played origins and DA2. I'm not doing the pause and choose stuff like I used to, is that what yall are doing?

Only nitpick would be that the game was a bit thin on story missions and story in general for a Bioware game.

I feel like that is my main gripe with the game. Its like they gave the level designers some huge budget and they crafted all of these huge, expansive zones and then went "Uhhh, what are people supposed to do in these areas?" And then proceeded to vomit icons all over the map, Ubisoft style.

I'd have gladly BioWare cut 2 or 3 zones from the world map if it meant more focused narrative heavy story missions in the existing zones and a more focused main story.

I play BioWare games for the story and about 80 hours in and getting close to the end, I'm just finding the story really lacking. Which is crazy cause from a lore POV, I think the premise is great. But so far (just prior to doing What Pride Hath Wrought) there really haven't been many big reveals or anything revelatory that the books or past games haven't already covered.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Does doing blackwall'so quest through the war table mission that costs power have any differences or consequence vs the one called "an alternative" I kind of don't wanna wait for whoever to do it as leliana/Josephine are both on long missions and I don't want Blackwell falling behind xp wise.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Dragon inquisition fans made a toolset for Dragon age inquisition (PC version only)
They're searching for coders to help them edit/change mesh and EBX files.

Modders HQ link : http://daitools.freeforums.org/index.php

The toolset is still WIP, please have patience with it.
So far modders were able to achieve mostly textures swap.
If you have any question or problem with the toolset please feel free to ask directly on their forum. Modders can't be everywhere.

If you can help in anyway or know someone who can help, please pass the message.

CAUTION

Do not apply more than one mod at the time because the toolkit is still in WIP.
If you've any bugs report them, here : http://daitools.free...reports-f7.html
If you've any questions how to apply the mods, here : http://daitools.free...nd-q-a-f13.html

These mods will NOT WORK with other mods.
These mod will NOT WORK for non-English versions of the game at this time.
The official Bioware patch is also REQUIRED. The mod will NOT WORK on an unpatched game.

Released Mods (aplha test)

Skyhold PJ recolor n°1 : http://www.nexusmods...ition/mods/60/?
Skyhold PJ recolor n°2 : http://www.nexusmods...ition/mods/63/?
Skyhold PJ recolor n°3 (female elf only) : http://forum.bioware...ols/?p=18178189

Eyebrown+makeup : http://forum.bioware...ols/?p=18185493

Lift level requiements for equipement (scroll down the page)
http://daitools.free...1313.html#p1313

How to apply a mod

Follow the tutorial of that mod : http://www.nexusmods...&preview=&pUp=1
He will teach you how to apply a mod or to uninstall it or to make your own.

Aesthetics mods on the way (need mesh feature to be implemented in game)
Source : http://daitools.freeforums.org/adela...o-far-t64.html

Source : http://daitools.freeforums.org/silvi...sions-t10.html
Several of your links are completely broken!

I'm loving this game so far. The environment work is absolutely stunning. Combat is a bit weak (playing mage) but the pretty particles keep me awake.

Also, Dorian as my husbando was the easiest choice I've ever made in a Bioware game. Gay or straight, how could one resist that moustache?

tumblr_neiy9qN6Kv1ryr3o1o3_1280.png
The mustache is exactly the reason why I wouldn't romance him.

It's kind of crazy how much of a swing in difficulty I've faced after picking a specialization. It had been pretty slow going on Hard up until getting to
Skyhold
, but after going Knight Enchanter and using a respec amulet on a few characters I've barely had a single fight last more than 20 seconds. Are all the classes this strong after picking a specialization, or is KE kind of broken?

Just respecced ke, followed all the guides but I'm struggling with keeping barrier up. Not enjoying it at all

jgwhiteus

I finished this up today. just over 100 hours. I got all the shards, landmarks, killed all the Dragons, did everything available on the war table and only sidequests left are requisition crap and finding the 42 books in Skyhold.

That "find 42 books" quest bugged the crap out of me. I combed every inch of the place and found 42 out of 48 I think, and for the life of me couldn't find the rest. If they exist, they're very well-hidden, though there's a good chance there's a bug given how some of the books spawned in weird places (in the middle of the wall), and other collection quests are bugged as well. But then I found out you can easily complete the books quest by just exiting to another area and returning to Skyhold, and the books all respawn...

Two other "completionist" quests that are bugged:

1. Right now only 11/12 Hinterlands mosaic pieces are available; one of them is only accessible with some fancy maneuvering to reach a normally inaccessible area on top of a cave (it's probably bugged and should have spawned within the cave itself). The 12th piece has been located, but it spawns inside a cave wall so you can't reach it.

2. It appears you can only reach 20/21 regions in the Exalted Plains; from reading online I don't think anyone's figured out where the 21st region is; it's definitely not something you'll find in the normal course of exploring.

Jinjo

Lol, Solas got fed up with my shenanigans and decided to vent his shit to me. Quite disrespectfully actually. Needless to say I punched him in the face. Commander Shepard style.

Lexxism

I'm finally done with the way of the champion. What should I do for this specialization to show up on Blackwall?

edit: Never mind. Got it.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
That "find 42 books" quest bugged the crap out of me. I combed every inch of the place and found 42 out of 48 I think, and for the life of me couldn't find the rest. If they exist, they're very well-hidden, though there's a good chance there's a bug given how some of the books spawned in weird places (in the middle of the wall), and other collection quests are bugged as well. But then I found out you can easily complete the books quest by just exiting to another area and returning to Skyhold, and the books all respawn...

Two other "completionist" quests that are bugged:

1. Right now only 11/12 Hinterlands mosaic pieces are available; one of them is only accessible with some fancy maneuvering to reach a normally inaccessible area on top of a cave (it's probably bugged and should have spawned within the cave itself). The 12th piece has been located, but it spawns inside a cave wall so you can't reach it.

2. It appears you can only reach 20/21 regions in the Exalted Plains; from reading online I don't think anyone's figured out where the 21st region is; it's definitely not something you'll find in the normal course of exploring.

Yeah I'm not bothering with the books a or completing the mosaics. That exalted plains region does bug me since its the only one I'm missing.

This is the most addictive single player game I've played in maybe 10+ years. I'm so sad that I have to go back to work next week.

I'm really glad I decided to play on the hard difficulty. It adds a good significance to all the tactical decisions you make before and during battles. I highly recommend beginning on hard for anyone who has not started the game yet.

Rixxan

just cleared out the 10 dragons, and it was my first day experiencing emprise de lion

what a well designed zone, really tremendous

TheYanger

I'm playing warrior. I don't mind who I bring along. I honestly just don't really care for the combat that much so the more I can just cheese/OP my way through, the better. I'm level 10.

Use Sera and utilize the Fire Flask + Thousand Cuts exploit (Thousand Cuts is a Focus Move, yet Fire Flask ability to use a move without stamina usage works for it, essentially making one of the strongest abilities into a regular ability vs. an ability you use once in awhile).

This exploit makes Sera and anyone who picks Tempest the most OP in the game, by far. Thousand Cuts wrecks mobs in seconds and makes boss battles extremely easy. Surprised Bioware hasn't fixed it yet.

This. If you don't care about removing all challenge from the game, it can get you through the tedious parts extremely quickly. I highlighted myself showing how I started clearing rifts when I was finishing up all the side objectives:
http://www.twitch.tv/theyanger/c/5789743 No spoilers of any kind in that.

Just finished everything, onto the final story mission tonight :) Been a long road, over 100 hours easily.

Still no news on the patch? They need to fix that goddamn Qunari armor bug that results in you wearing your pyjamas when you equip certain armor sets.

How do you all go about combat in this game? I'm undecided if its worth my time to go through tactical mode / switching characters or just sticking to my guy. The AI just seems suspect.

(First Dragon Age game btw.)

How do you all go about combat in this game? I'm undecided if its worth my time to go through tactical mode / switching characters or just sticking to my guy. The AI just seems suspect.

Well, playing on normal I haven't ever had much of a reason to use tactical view. Maybe if you were playing a warrior and wanted a barrier from one of your mages for example, I could see the use.

But ever since my mage became Knight Enchanter I've just been steamrolling pretty much solo. My party is just there to take hits for me.

Ralemont

not me

Depends on your difficulty. My first playthrough on Hard I was fine to let the AI do its thing for all except the boss fights. I'm playing on Nightmare now with Friendly Fire turned on and that will obviously necessitate using tactical camera and issuing commands.

Really enjoying this game.

Question: I just leveled up and didn't get an ability point. Is this normal?

No. You should get an ability point for every level. Are you sure it wasn't the Inquisition that leveled up and not your character?

cormack12

Gold Member
Quick questions:

I've just met Blackwall and I have the option of having him in my party. What's the deal with swapping him out for Cassandra - is it just an aesthetic and character change or are stats and abilities affected?

Ralemont

not me
Quick questions:

I've just met Blackwall and I have the option of having him in my party. What's the deal with swapping him out for Cassandra - is it just an aesthetic and character change or are stats and abilities affected?

They both have access to the same basic warrior trees (S&S, 2H, Vanguard, Battlemaster) and won't be distinguishable until you unlock specializations after getting Skyhold. Once you do, Blackwall gets the Champion spec and Cassandra gets the Templar spec. Champion makes Blackwall an unkillable tank, while Templar makes Cassandra very useful against demons and rifts, along with having some nice AOE damage abilities in general and its own Dispel ability.

hwalker84

Any word on another official patch (Xbox One)? I'm still waiting for my Trouble with Darkspawn quest to be able to be completed and I never received the 10/10 dragons killed achievement.

Ponchito

No. You should get an ability point for every level. Are you sure it wasn't the Inquisition that leveled up and not your character?

It was my character leveling up. I did spend a point a few moments earlier but the level up flash happened afterwards when I was in another area. Maybe the game's timing was off.

It was my character leveling up. I did spend a point a few moments earlier but the level up flash happened afterwards when I was in another area. Maybe the game's timing was off.

When you level up there is actually a message that pops up saying what level you reached. If all you saw was a flash, it could be gaining power.

How tough is the final mission on nightmare?

My Inquisitor is level 20, companions are 19. I really just want to get it over with but if I really need to level up then so be it.

patchday

Wicked Hearts! When they unequipped my characters I didn't properly reequip my main character apparently. Was fighting bare knuckles doing like 1 damage lol. And I didn't figure it out til post-boss (sigh)

Mmm the mage specs feel a little underwhelming for me, necromancer is fun to hit and run also cool aoe animation kinda like the fire skills but purple, the rift spec is so ewwww and I didnt bothered to try the enchanter spec.

Any suggestions about which spec to use?

Top Bottom