• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Moaradin

Any consensus on which voice actors is better for the male Inquisitor?

It's hard to judge from the small voice clip on the character creator.

One seems to have a stronger voice than the other, right?

I really liked the American one. His delivery on most things were pretty good. Both when I tried to sound heroic and the more sarcastic choices.

Melchiah

Skyhold
glitched out a bit post ending, one character
Cole
can't be spoken to, and one
Blackwall
is not appearing but they are marked on the map in their usual position. Oh well, no final chats with them!

That glitch happened to me on the PS4 when I used fast travel in Skyhold, but was resolved when I reverted back to an older save and just walked to them. Also Cullen disappeared, as did most of the people and objects in the throne room.

So I'm up to What Pride Has Wrought. Is this the end game mission, and can I still do side quests post game?

Also, why do all the characters in this game have such poor posture? I don't mind when Dorian walks with his butt sticking out, but Cassandra looks ridiculous at times.

TheYanger

So I'm up to What Pride Has Wrought. Is this the end game mission, and can I still do side quests post game?

Also, why do all the characters in this game have such poor posture? I don't mind when Dorian walks with his butt sticking out, but Cassandra looks ridiculous at times.

There's another after. the last mission flat out says "This is the end, some sidequests will become unavailable afterwards so do them now" in fancier language.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
There's 11 statues.

The 5 statue door
has a man that's tied up that you can use as evidence.
I used this guide and if you do it right you should have the perfect outcome

No no, I know
about the man tied up
. I am speaking about the room before you go to the grand hall righ after you fought
the ambush set up by Florienne
. There are two side-by-side Halla doors with each requiring 5 Halla statues to open--meaning it's pretty much impossible to open them both if you open all of the Halla statues door beforehand.

I am curious what kind of things hidden behind those two side-by-side doors.

Ricker

lol,I kinda messed up Ishmael....
I said what the heck I will try the 3 other choices first before fighting him so I said riches and he just fuckin agrees and disapperears lol,keep gained and the guy who gave me the quest is dead later on...the auto saved messed up me trying to retry and my own save was like 1 hour behind and I killed a hard dragon and all (Hissing waste)
....does he drop good stuff...?

Also got scared with losing one of my Companion for a bit but It worked out in the end...that was a nice little tense quest...

Level 22 now,finished the Ballroom stuff so I guess I am near the end...might try and finish it today,close to 140 hours now.

Lucreto

Im 30 hours in and I still need some help with things:

1. Im a warrior and what skill gives me the ability to block things with my shield? Ive attacked guys before and I just bounce of their shield. I want that.

2. How do I unlock more / new potions and grenades?

3. What are those little silver boxes / bars that appear on my health bar?

4. Whats happening during an attack when there is slowmo?

5. How does focus work? Is it that round circle bar?

6. How do I know what upgrades like grips etc.. go on what when im browsing them to buy?

1. I am not sure if there is an ability that replicates it but I could be wrong.

2. You can buy them but you find most of them in chests.

3. That is guard. You generate it by using abilities like shield wall and others. It is a second health bar which is why Sword and Shield are great tanks.

4. Certain attacks can be linked with another party member. The slow mo is this happening.

5. Focus is the bar around the ability wheel. Once it is full you can use a special move. It had to be set to the ability wheel.

6. It can be confusing but generally all should work with any weapon. The weapon itself tells you what you need.

There's another after. the last mission flat out says "This is the end, some sidequests will become unavailable afterwards so do them now" in fancier language.

Cool, thanks. I have about a billion side quests left to do, but I'm not sure if they're really worth doing. Might be time to wrap up this playthrough.

abundant

Cool, thanks. I have about a billion side quests left to do, but I'm not sure if they're really worth doing. Might be time to wrap up this playthrough.

As long as you've done the Inner Circle side quests, then you're good to go. Those are the only side quests that you'll miss out on if you complete the game.

Trojan

Wow, this game is insanely long. I just hit level 15....can anyone give me an idea of what % complete I am through the game based on level needed to complete the final boss?

Ricker

Wow, this game is insanely long. I just hit level 15....can anyone give me an idea of what % complete I am through the game based on level needed to complete the final boss?

Max level is 23 and the quest before the last one suggests level 19...if you can, reach max level.

Tabby

After end of Act 1 I completed around 3 maybe 4 areas as well as some companion quests and that took me to about end of level 15/almost level 16. I did all of the story missions in one huge chunk 'til the end.
I think I started the last quest at around level 19 maybe? Might've been level 18 or something.

Ponchito

Loving this game!

Help: I completed the Hinterlands Tapestry Requisiton quest, however it disappears from my journal, unlike Haven's Requisition for Weapons which appears under completed quests.

Then when I talk to the requisition officer, she gives me the Tapestry quest again. Does anyone know if this is an issue/bug or intended as it is.

Thanks!

jgwhiteus

Loving this game!

Help: I completed the Hinterlands Tapestry Requisiton quest, however it disappears from my journal, unlike Haven's Requisition for Weapons which appears under completed quests.

Then when I talk to the requisition officer, she gives me the Tapestry quest again. Does anyone know if this is an issue/bug or intended as it is.

Thanks!

That's the way it's designed - Haven's weapons requisition is a unique introductory quest, which is why it appears in your journal as completed. After that, the requisition quests you receive from the officer are randomly chosen (from a selection of 5-6 per area, I think), don't appear in your journal once finished, and can repeat. If you don't like the requisition quest you receive, you can save/load before talking to the officer and you'll likely get a different one.

They are also endless (the officer will never stop giving you quests), so it's not recommended that you keep taking them on. Also, if you complete an area many of them are unable to be finished and will stay in your journal forever, because they depend on enemy spawns in the areas, and many enemies stop appearing after you finish the main quest in an area.

My advice - at most, take on and finish maybe 3-4 of them per area for the inquisition points, then stop accepting them. Or just don't take on any of them at all.

cormack12

Gold Member
Just met Sera - she will be mine :)

Still find it hard to put this down. Question about tactical camera - is it only for player movement? Like I had Varric in my party and selected him on TC and then clicked him onto an enemy but nothing seemed to happen.....if I put Sera (with archers bonus up high, will she stay there until I initiate the fight?)

Also, the behaviour thing is a bit odd. I want Varric to assist Blackwall as he is a DPS rogue. I want Sera to remain high and rain down arrows on Blackwalls target. If me (mage) or Sera aggro I want Varric to come and get them off us. Blackwall is set to follow my target. Varric is set to follow Blackwalls target. Varric doesn't defend us, unless I set him to defend specifically but then he doesn't get in the right. He stands right next to me and Sera!!!! Confusing trying to work this out.......

Are the romance options gone and forgotten once ignored as well? I once saw a heart for Josephine but asked another branch that then ended the conversation, but would have been interested in romancing her as well.......

I only have Haven, Val Royeuax, Oasis and Hinterlands unlocked on the world map - how many more locations are there roughly?

Ponchito

That's the way it's designed - Haven's weapons requisition is a unique introductory quest, which is why it appears in your journal as completed. After that, the requisition quests you receive from the officer are randomly chosen (from a selection of 5-6 per area, I think), don't appear in your journal once finished, and can repeat. If you don't like the requisition quest you receive, you can save/load before talking to the officer and you'll likely get a different one.

They are also endless (the officer will never stop giving you quests), so it's not recommended that you keep taking them on. Also, if you complete an area many of them are unable to be finished and will stay in your journal forever, because they depend on enemy spawns in the areas, and many enemies stop appearing after you finish the main quest in an area.

My advice - at most, take on and finish maybe 3-4 of them per area for the inquisition points, then stop accepting them. Or just don't take on any of them at all.

Thank you that's very helpful.

Tabby

Can't believe I didn't notice this but the multiplayer characters actually show up in Skyhold.
The Katari, Hunter and another guy hands out outside Cullen's office, the Keeper is in the garden.
Does anyone know where the Elementalist is?

Silexx

Any consensus on which voice actors is better for the male Inquisitor?

It's hard to judge from the small voice clip on the character creator.

One seems to have a stronger voice than the other, right?

I would contend that it depends on what race you play. For me Human and Elf = British and Qunari and Dwarf = American.

Ricker

I was at 24 before I finished on my first play through. Don't know if you can reach 25 though.

Really...? might as well go for 24 then...I still have a few dragons I didnt kill and those ''stupid'' ;) search the spot on the picture sidequests to do,but lower region dont give exp...Hissing wastes will though.

The_D

Neo Member
Really...? might as well go for 24 then...I still have a few dragons I didnt kill and those ''stupid'' ;) search the spot on the picture sidequests to do,but lower region dont give exp...Hissing wastes will though.
Yep really.

9jypbqp.jpg

I haven't actually tried for 25, as I've moved on to a second/nightmare play through (going for the Platinum Trophy) but I haven't heard if it's possible or not.

abundant

Can't believe I didn't notice this but the multiplayer characters actually show up in Skyhold.
The Katari, Hunter and another guy hands out outside Cullen's office, the Keeper is in the garden.
Does anyone know where the Elementalist is?

I'm pretty sure that the Alchemist is
Bianca from Varric's personal quest.

jgwhiteus

Yep really.

I haven't actually tried for 25, as I've moved on to a second/nightmare play through (going for the Platinum Trophy) but I haven't heard if it's possible or not.

Yeah, I think after doing every possible side-quest / collection quest, defeating all dragons and closing all rifts, and taking all experience buffs from the war table (the "research creatures" one gave me 8400XP instantly), I was at level 24 and still several thousand off from reaching level 25.

At that point it's not possible to get experience from regular enemies, because they scale and give you 0 XP if they're three levels or more below you, and there aren't really level 22+ enemies hanging around.

Defeating the final boss will get you to level 25 for the post-game... though really there's nothing left to fight in the post-game if you've already done all the side-quests.

Synless

For some reason the game freezes when I try to talk to Varric to meet
Hawke
. It doesn't matter appearance option I choose. Anyone know what I can do to fix this issue?

Melchiah

Yeah, I think after doing every possible side-quest / collection quest, defeating all dragons and closing all rifts, and taking all experience buffs from the war table (the "research creatures" one gave me 8400XP instantly), I was at level 24 and still several thousand off from reaching level 25.

At that point it's not possible to get experience from regular enemies, because they scale and give you 0 XP if they're three levels or more below you, and there aren't really level 22+ enemies hanging around.

Defeating the final boss will get you to level 25 for the post-game... though really there's nothing left to fight in the post-game if you've already done all the side-quests.

Same here.

That's the highest I got with all the sidequests done. It's post-campaign, so 25 wouldn't be far away.

Lucreto

Just out of curiosity does the game explain or did Bioware explain why they went with a different currency system for this game compared to the other 2 games?

I liked the Gold, Silver and Bronze set up in Ferelden and the Free Marches. I expect it is just Orlais being Orlais.

Recall

I hate that mini map thing in the corner, it isn't a map it's just a confusing mess.

I'm 5 hours in and the game is just rubbing me the wrong way, it's explained so little with the map markers, finding the correct table to upgrade or what have you because that's hidden like a mother fucker and there are so many scattered everywhere, and what the actual gameplay loop is actually is because I have quests for areas I know nothing about which I'm not going to touch in fear of missing something worthwhile.

It assumes too much.

Lucreto

I hate that mini map thing in the corner, it isn't a map it's just a confusing mess.

I'm 5 hours in and the game is just rubbing me the wrong way, it's explained so little with the map markers, finding the correct table to upgrade or what have you because that's hidden like a mother fucker and there are so many scattered everywhere, and what the actual gameplay loop is actually is because I have quests for areas I know nothing about which I'm not going to touch in fear of missing something worthwhile.

It assumes too much.

Have you used the main map and create custom markers? That should help you narrow down what you want to do.

Been fucking raging all day because my tank suddenly has been dying in 1-2 shots since hitting level 16.

After eventually googling a bug about negative defence I found out it's due to a weapon having the berserk ability. I went full retard. Never again!

70 hours in. Vivien as a knight enchanter can out tank and out damage my main full champion tank. How that shit hasn't been nerfd baffles me. Then again I played BG2 as a Kensage so I should expect broken classes.

Loving this game a lot but can anyone else confirm if they have had random 1 / 2 second freezes when playing the PS4 version?

I'll be running around and all of a sudden the game freezes for a split second and then continues.

I want to start a new character so I can see the more "evil" story, and make all the opposite decisions, but I can't stand the thought of collecting herbs and talking through all of the bullshit again.

Caboose

Loving this game a lot but can anyone else confirm if they have had random 1 / 2 second freezes when playing the PS4 version?

I'll be running around and all of a sudden the game freezes for a split second and then continues.

I'm on PS4 and I get that every time I enter Haven through the gates. The game completely locks up for two seconds and then continues. This happens 100% of the time. Every time I load into a new zone, the audio needs to spend 10+ seconds catching up to what I'm doing as well. I hate how silent Bioware is about more patches.

Been fucking raging all day because my tank suddenly has been dying in 1-2 shots since hitting level 16.

After eventually googling a bug about negative defence I found out it's due to a weapon having the berserk ability. I went full retard. Never again!

70 hours in. Vivien as a knight enchanter can out tank and out damage my main full champion tank. How that shit hasn't been nerfd baffles me. Then again I played BG2 as a Kensage so I should expect broken classes.

lmao, this happened to me too. I had a feeling it was the weapon's fault since I got a better staff and gave Dorian the Berserk one, after which he began dying repeatedly.

Yeah, Knight Enchanter is OP, but it turns battles into a clusterfuck. I was having more fun casting spells from afar as a regular mage. The camera/lock-on system just goes to shit up close.

I want to start a new character so I can see the more "evil" story, and make all the opposite decisions, but I can't stand the thought of collecting herbs and talking through all of the bullshit again.
I'll save you the trouble and tell you that there aren't any evil decisions in the game. Seems weird for being the head of an Inquisition, but there you go. No possessing Connor or selling Fenris into slavery here.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn I checked the mural Solas is working on and there are only 2 segments out of 8 that are still left. I guess I'm beating this game very soon :(

The story is definitely on the short side. That's not really a complaint since it's still a long game, but I was hoping for more main story than this.

So am I basically fucked? I'm fighting the boss at the end of Winter hearts and have no HP potions and my party is all injured. This is complete horse shit that they have no supply crates in this entire fucking level. Complete horse shit because now I am completey fucked.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Just finished . . . that was it.

Off to the spoils tread.

So am I basically fucked? I'm fighting the boss at the end of Winter hearts and have no HP potions and my party is all injured. This is complete horse shit that they have no supply crates in this entire fucking level. Complete horse shit because now I am completey fucked.
Maybe you were under-leveled. I don't think I ever had a huge problem like that in the game.

I'm not underleveled. I didn't know earlier on I could requip my stuff and basically used all my HP potions, and I've been in a ton of fights since then...I am fucked aren't I? It's just complete horse shit why they would force you to do this. I have to restart the entire fucking game now. Thanks to Biowares genius idea to get rid of healing.

Top Bottom