• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Ralemont

not me
Have you seen this? If the site don't work for you (I had to open chrome) the dragon struck a guy twice while he was fighting a enemy inside a building. If that first area is a open court, I can kinda see what happened, but the second seems a bit dodgy. The dragon was a jerk and hunted this guy down. Double taps are illegal.

Haha, well the dragon flies horizontally as well as vertically, and the elemental ball came through the open archway and hit him. If it was a wall it would have been stopped. /shrug

Xevren

Yea I really don't see the problem with that gif. It has an opening there for the breathe attack to get through, all on him. Sure it sucks though.

Ploid 3.0

After looking at that gif a couple of times I realized the first hit was just the archer. His electric weapon plus the title of the thread I found this link in made me think the dragon struck him twice, hunting him down.

Finally prestiged Virtuoso, now to get that respec. Hopefully they will bring up fixing sing along's upgrade on tomorrow's tweak Fridays show.

Ploid 3.0

Just saw it, omg.

And I hope they fix Sing Along! I'll be sure to at least have the stream chat open to ask them tomorrow just in case it's unchanged. I'm feeling myself when I play Virtuoso, I even get a bit cocky. With that 10% heal on kill to the party I'll be a diva or some such.

I also wonder if virtuoso is included in that barrier exp soak nerf. Maybe it was already adjusted in development though.

Xevren

The fact they were commenting on a material chest makes me more hopeful to get the Virtuoso faster, god knows I've gotten fuck all for cloth the past 2 days :mad:

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I have the Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts Mainquest waiting for me, but I actually want to do some more companion-quests first. Is that a good idea?
I'm asking because of the whole "we have to hurry to Orlais" thing the advisors keep telling me about. Which is logical, but again; I really want to finish some other things first. But if it's timebound, i'm screwed.

Maybe i've played too much Fallout and that's what's causing my concern, but I just want to check.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Naw, you're good. Some people put off the main quest for like 50 hours at random points, including that one.
Oh, thank goodness. And thanks for the reply. :)
I'm already past the 100 hours mark. So much to see and do. First time I arrived at Skyhold I spent twenty hours just exploring the place, heh.
Anyway, I guess that means i'm off to a sabre duel.

I love the unique loot with little story's attached to them. I wish there where more of those.
Cheese Shield ftw.

Xevren

Alchemist is a monster now, its great! She was already one of my favorite classes but it's a new ball game now, especially on perilous

Anyway, 8 perilous dragons down, still no dragon weapons. Kind of a bummer

Once I prestige my keeper again I'm going to try out the alchemist again, I really liked her at launch even though the damage wasn't great. Flask of Fire+elemental mines was fun, but now it actually sounds pretty damn good with the damage buffs.

I have yet to receive any reward at all from any dragon, I mainly play on threatening though...fights are fun at least.

abundant

Just got back into MP now that some new content is up. Thankfully I had enough materials stockpiled that I could unlock all three of the new classes right away. I played the Virtuoso for a few hours and I love this class. I like playing support classes and the Virtuoso is basically all support. His barrier generating ability is nuts, I have yet to go down once since playing as him, which includes vs. Demons on Threatening.

Since the latest patch on PS4 I can't get into any MP games. Just says "Joining" forever. :/ I have the new DLC downloaded too so it's not that.

Bessy67

Anyone else just hate the dragon flying around randomly nuking your party on the Ferelden map? I think it's pretty stupid that you can randomly be one-hit killed by something you can't even kill.

Levyne

Banned
Random, but I'm on PC and I'm just now trying out the dlc. I got a 2nd campsite in the basin and then went back to finish up some war table stuff, now I can't select the Basin on the world map, though I see the icon. What am I missing?

Xevren

Ahhhh! Got the Virtuoso as a drop from the dragon! Wooooooooo! Thank god, I really didn't want to farm all that cloth lol

Ploid 3.0

Anyone else just hate the dragon flying around randomly nuking your party on the Ferelden map? I think it's pretty stupid that you can randomly be one-hit killed by something you can't even kill.

I do, I do.

Ahhhh! Got the Virtuoso as a drop from the dragon! Wooooooooo! Thank god, I really didn't want to farm all that cloth lol

Grats, I'm kinda hoping I get Isabella as a drop too, and also her highest tier armor, and the Avvar's as well. I got Virtuoso's end armor and I'm now going to just sit on mats in case they do something else crazy like this.

Weapon schematics please.

Xevren

I do, I do.

Grats, I'm kinda hoping I get Isabella as a drop too, and also her highest tier armor, and the Avvar's as well. I got Virtuoso's end armor and I'm now going to just sit on mats in case they do something else crazy like this.

Weapon schematics please.

I have a feeling I was just due tonight since I never got anything. Got the virtuoso on a dragon in one game, game after I got the duelist from a dragon. Was able to finally get some accessories too, tonight was great.

Bessy67

So I loaded into a MP game and this happened:

Sat_May_9_14-50-41_CDT_2015.png
That's a new one for me. I tried running around but after I took around 10 steps in any direction it respawned me there.

abundant

Going from playing as a Virtuoso to joining a party with no Virtuoso is quite striking. The class, when played right, is a game changer. I fully leveled my Virtuoso today and I still haven't lost a game and that includes multiple Threatening's vs. Demons and Dragons.

Bessy67

Anyone in this thread playing MP on Xbox One? I want to try a threatening dragon but don't want to waste my materials with a bunch of randoms.

Ploid 3.0

I've been backing out of the new map lobbies since the dlc hit, and it just occurred to me that I should uninstall it so I won't have to waste time on randoming it. Before I do though I shall make sure the DLC is only that map and that recipe the dragon summon most likely. I hope respec isn't in that dlc.

Edit: I thought the classes were added in patch and not the dlc. That sucks if they are part of the dlc.

So where do folks hunt monsters in the SP endgame?

I'm about Lv24... Clear basically everything. All the rifts are closed, I've looted every treasure chest (I know the exploit to farm them but I don't want to exploit anything). Finished almost every quest so I almost never see any Red Templars in Emprise du Lion or whatever its called (snow area)... Just in general, there seems like nothing left to really fight or get schematics from, get gold from. Usually I just go kill those wyverns or whatever at the Hissing Wastes oasis since they're a bit stronger and drop those scales that sell well (sort of like farming snowfleurs to sell their hide).

But in general, I feel like there's really no good location to fight stronger mobs anymore, or, for that matter, get decent loot or schematics. I want to buy a bunch of schematics and loot from the Emporium but natural mob killing is so slow at this point. Venatori and red templars are rather slow spawning or nonexistant now... wyverns at Hissing Waste oasis are OK. The giants in the Emerald Graves or whatever it's called are usually my go-to... Any other ideas? Where do other folks fight monsters to get gold or get XP to Lv25? Or folks mostly just use the chest farming exploit?

diaspora

So where do folks hunt monsters in the SP endgame?

I'm about Lv24... Clear basically everything. All the rifts are closed, I've looted every treasure chest (I know the exploit to farm them but I don't want to exploit anything). Finished almost every quest so I almost never see any Red Templars in Emprise du Lion or whatever its called (snow area)... Just in general, there seems like nothing left to really fight or get schematics from, get gold from. Usually I just go kill those wyverns or whatever at the Hissing Wastes oasis since they're a bit stronger and drop those scales that sell well (sort of like farming snowfleurs to sell their hide).

But in general, I feel like there's really no good location to fight stronger mobs anymore, or, for that matter, get decent loot or schematics. I want to buy a bunch of schematics and loot from the Emporium but natural mob killing is so slow at this point. Venatori and red templars are rather slow spawning or nonexistant now... wyverns at Hissing Waste oasis are OK. The giants in the Emerald Graves or whatever it's called are usually my go-to... Any other ideas? Where do other folks fight monsters to get gold or get XP to Lv25? Or folks mostly just use the chest farming exploit?
Dragons yo

Bessy67

OK, the dragon in the Ferelden MP map needs some serious nerfing. I'm not talking about the actual fight with it, I'm talking about the damage his breath attack does and the frequency he can use it while just flying around.

Also the Avvar is way too squishy. He either needs better guard generation or more health/constitution.

abundant

I'm now starting to hate the Virtuoso class because it's one of the most misused classes in PUG. We shouldn't fail with two Virtuosos on our team. Hell, we shouldn't fail with just one Virtuoso on our team. (This is on Threatening)

The only purpose of the Virtuoso is to be Support. Keep up barriers (unless you already have a dedicated caster) and cast buffs for the whole team, and DO NOT run ahead of the team. Always stick with them so you get the mana passives and so you can do your job of SUPPORTING the team.

Also the Avvar is way too squishy. He either needs better guard generation or more health/constitution.
this seems to be the big complaint with Avvar; he feels like pre-buff katari. I think its an excellent class with a lot of damage potential but I almost always have a keeper or virtuoso in my group for perilous runs. I grab barrier, run in (hakkon charge) with lady's wrath on and murder everything...run back for my next barrier. I've been getting 135-145 sword kills on Perilous Ferelden runs

I really think they should just add Guard on Hit to Templar, Avvar and Reaver. It'd make them more viable for players that don't have a lot of promotions

finished up my reaver +dmg and champion +defense builds last night

-reaver basically made a masterwork (dragon tooth + dragon bone) weapon
-chose axe of the dragon slayer because it has same dmg as crafted sulevin blade but i get more +dmg, +crit dmg because of the crafting slot types/mats and upgrades
-end up about 378 dps on the weapon (307 dmg) and about +80% attack damage +120 crit damage

new record for a dragonrage was just under 17,000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWuiftBCJhk
5000+ dmg spam is pretty norm now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL6jybFA4hA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecY8OSDV6IU

i'm basically always below -30% hp but that's OK as long as I keep guard/barrier up, lots of regen/hp mist potions... and get the tank taunts in

my champion is a lot less exciting...
-basically just a masterwork battlemaster mail... dragon tooth + dragon bone + stacked melee defense
-ends up with about 570 armor and 80% melee defense, and enough guard for it to usually stay up too. elemental/magic resistance is pretty similar to my offensive warriors but i got specific different element armor sets for demons/dragons anyhow if i really needed it, or just use my templar as my main tank since i specced it for magic resistance and health more than armor and melee defense

so inq is dps, blackwall is melee/physical defense, cass is magic defense, and bull is support dps/utility (namely armor debuffing) he said he wasn't really a reaver anyhow, so i focused him on just classic two-hand attacks and mostly charging and rolling, knocking down or sundering enemies. next is a axe of the dragon slayer with -70% armor sundering per hit to make my reaver do even more damage but i really don't want to use the last 80 of my dragon bone in case future DLC after Hakkon add even more schematics.

enjoyed it a lot building templates and customizing the perfect gear. wish there was more to kill though... more giants... maybe lv21-25 giants that moved into all the old dragon lairs, so every map still had a decent endgame place to level. for the most part it's just either lv19 wyverns at hissing wastes oasis or lv19 giants at emerald graves fire garden.

btw i put together some vids of all the superb tier 3 armors with the different upgrades, as best i could, just to show what all the different endgames look like since superb battlemaster looks different than just regular battlemaster... e.g. varric finally covers up his chest with a breastplate.

qunari inq
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX7vfNckJs4
heavy armours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvpq5S-tCJg
medium and light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0xdZnmQBZI

in general, they're all superb or masterwork (look the same) and it'll say if they're a coat or mail, and if not just the regular armor. tried my best to try show off the differences between armor, mail, and coats, and also with mail, coat, or armor leg and arm upgrades.

just in case anyone is curious what any of the new black emporium armor schematics look like on the different characters/with different arm/leg upgrades.

Ploid 3.0

Virtuoso is the ultimate support, and it's so much fun for me. Class is so damn good.

2 Virtuoso's = jam session. Rock out.

I'm now starting to hate the Virtuoso class because it's one of the most misused classes in PUG. We shouldn't fail with two Virtuosos on our team. Hell, we shouldn't fail with just one Virtuoso on our team. (This is on Threatening)

The only purpose of the Virtuoso is to be Support. Keep up barriers (unless you already have a dedicated caster) and cast buffs for the whole team, and DO NOT run ahead of the team. Always stick with them so you get the mana passives and so you can do your job of SUPPORTING the team.

I just finished a game where I ran ahead and there was another Virtuoso in the group. Though I was soloing before they showed up and I hadn't checked the other virtuoso to see he was level 1 until a while later. I ran up because I would put cold beats on enemies and I planned to come back since I remembered I passed a door that the new str class character could open. Normally I wouldn't do that but I was in a rush, I was level 9, I was really liking cold beats, and it was routine. Though yeah staying close to the team is the way to go.

nawwafh

So Morrigan just showed me the Eluvian.. but I can't seem to find the "What Pride Had Wrought" icon on the map at the War Room...
Am i missing something?

This might be an unpopular opinion but I hope they go back to the everyone-is-bisexual a la DA2 with whatever comes after Inquisition. I get what they were going for with the defined sexuality = additional character trait but I feel like the minimal gain isn't worth it.

Ralemont

not me
Just a heads up to MP players it seems you can now find materials in treasure rooms and from now until Friday there's an increased chance of cloth.

https://twitter.com/ehlien/status/597895445935861760

Yeah, I've been getting a shitload of cloth and it rules.

What's the deal with Reaver these days in DAMP? I screwed up the build 1/2 way through long ago and never went back, but I reset the ability points tonight. Dunno if the new balance changes have changed the optimal builds, though.

Virtuoso is the ultimate support, and it's so much fun for me. Class is so damn good.

I got burned out on the MP a while ago but decided to give it another bash over the weekend with the dragonslayer stuff.

I really like the new map and that it's not just going down a corridor all the time (or at least a much wider one with perceived different routes).

Only got to try the Virtuoso as that was the free character i got (along with a Fury of the Veil staff as a reward for not playing for ages presumably!) but he is so much fun to play. Different from the others characters that had grown a bit stale, very strong support function to buff everyone easily but also has enough survivability by himself in case things go wrong.

Really want to try out the other two new characters now but what's the deal with the insanely high material requirements?

Ralemont

not me
Really want to try out the other two new characters now but what's the deal with the insanely high material requirements?

Assists with party diversity. If new chars were easy to unlock absolutely everyone would be rolling the three new classes. It's already bad enough when everyone got one free one.

Xevren

If possible just try and play on fereldan castle on threatening or higher and hope someone calls the dragon. Was able to get all the new classes that way, much easier than grinding for the insane material costs.

Xevren

Noobish MP question that maybe you guys can answer. Those attack skill rings do they effect only the skill the ring it says or does it effect all? Back when I started I never got any accessories pretty much ever and now I'm swinging in them and I can't honestly tell if it works on any skills or not, same with the duration stuff.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Started my second file at last. A combination of burnout (from keeping the BSN banter glitch thread updated daily for a while), wanting to wait for the DLC roster to start appearing on PS4 (words cannot do justice just how much I'm hoping for two more of them after JoH; beefing up the story would go a long way toward my ultimate opinion on it), and just generally not being a tenth as into rapid replays as my fellow BioWare-loving peers kept me from doing so until now. I'm gonna take things slowly, occupying my free time with other games, books, jogs, you name it, but I'm excited nonetheless.

NiZQcrT.jpg

I'm not ashamed to admit I followed someone's guidelines on Reddit, with some tweaks here and there, to make her. Credit goes to the Reddit user first and foremost. I'm awful at CCs, I just don't have the patience. But yes, she's lovely and I'm stoked. Named her Aeryn, after the badass Farscape heroine. Gonna run an archer/tempest. It's gonna be good.

In other news, I took up PSN's polite offer for two free days of PS+ and had my first MP match. It... will likely be my last. Legit envious of gamers who like this sort of stuff. I'm cursed to only really engaging with story-driven content in the medium, save for big exceptions like X-Wing versus TIE Fighter, Metal Gear Online, and age-old "have some friends over, grab some beers, and roll with it" titles like Smash and Battlefront II. I know one match isn't enough to give things a fair shake, but I gave ME3 20 hours and got nowhere; I know where this is headed. Keep enjoying, everybody! So long as the single-player experiences in these games aren't compromised as a result, I've no reason to be anything but envious.

It probably didn't help that I was apparently kicked from the game afterward, too. Lovely people.

Top Bottom