• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

fcobento

Neo Member
I started the game this week...
I am quite liking the game so far but I hate how bulletspongy the enemies are.
The quests are cool... some are tedious but I just skip them. Potions should be individual to the characters... 8 for the whole team is not enough sometimes.
I am currently at level 7... can I already beat that orange dragon in hinderlands?

Ralemont

not me
I started the game this week...
I am quite liking the game so far but I hate how bulletspongy the enemies are.
The quests are cool... some are tedious but I just skip them. Potions should be individual to the characters... 8 for the whole team is not enough sometimes.
I am currently at level 7... can I already beat that orange dragon in hinderlands?

I think the Hinterlands dragon is 12. It's possible, but more likely he'll wreck you.

Bullet spongey enemies is something that will change once your builds flesh out a bit. The cross-class combos deal insane damage.

There's an Inquisition perk which ups your max potions to 12, which is useful. I'd get it asap.

Skux

Nearly finished DA2 and about to sink my teeth into this.

How are the PC controls now? I know they added auto attack which is nice but when I started a game just to mess around with faces the interface was terrible for PCs. Even just browsing my equipment was a chore with everything divided into its own categories.

Is there a way to auto-search? Having to spam the search just to see items is tedious as hell.

Not a biggie but is there a way to bind attack and interact to the same key? I use space for both in DA2 and it worked well.

Also, did they patch in a fix for the 30fps animations or should I still use the command line to fix that?

diaspora

Solas' objection to the Wardens has always struck me as funny. If he's got a better way of combating blights I'd like to fuckin hear it.

Joe

i'm 80 hours in and i can't help but shake the feeling that BioWare would make an amazing next-gen Ultima Online.

Labadal

Finally completed the game. I don't even know why I bothered. I kind of liked the dragon fights even if they got a bet repetitive in the end. One or two good quests and one or two good characters. Everything else felt safe or by the book. There was nothing in the game that blew me away in any way. Music was also decent.

I'm glad that I went into the game thinking about it as a party based action rpg, even if it doesn't even excel at that. At least it kept my expectations of the game on the low end.

Can't see myself buying any future BioWare game. I didn't buy DA2 or ME3, so I thought that they would get a chance with this one, but no more.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Sorry you didn't like it much. I think it's a woefully uneven experience but there's plenty in there to love. It was a story worth telling and a game worth playing, and if there's some decent post-plot DLC en route, I'll feel better about not feeling the third act much, too.

diaspora

Sorry you didn't like it much. I think it's a woefully uneven experience but there's plenty in there to love. It was a story worth telling and a game worth playing, and if there's some decent post-plot DLC en route, I'll feel better about not feeling the third act much, too.

I think the last conversation between Solas and the Inquisitor makes a story expansion a very likely possibility.
"There's more, isn't there?" "It wasn't supposed to be this way..."

I despair of the multiplayer loot system. I want to enjoy the game, but it's simply so brutally unfun and stupid in the way you get rewards it's not worth playing.

I decided to break my cardinal rule, and use real money to buy two of the new chests that guarantee a rare, and cost a staggering 15000 gold, or 500 plat. I also bought one with gold that I had saved up.

The est item I got out of all three chests was a blue amulet that gives +25 stamina. I.e. I got utterly nothing. Complete waste of money and cash, and actually left me feeling really aggrieved towards the game. I cannot think of any other system like this where you are not guaranteed a least a rare item per pack, nevermind one where even the ultra expensive stuff is going to give you utter garbage most of the time.

How on earth they thought this a good system is beyond me - it's basically killed the multiplayer for me after this weekend. Shame, because I was really enjoying my pure dps bard, but I'm not going to mindlessly grind content without even a shot at a decent item once in a while.

Utterly stupid design from start to finish.

Is it worse than ME3's loot system? I spent a crap ton of time getting ultra rares in that game (N7 guns) and I skipped the MP completely in this.

I kind of want to try the free dragon add on they put in but is it too late to get into it now?

Is it worse than ME3's loot system? I spent a crap ton of time getting ultra rares in that game (N7 guns) and I skipped the MP completely in this.

I kind of want to try the free dragon add on they put in but is it too late to get into it now?

Imagine, if you would, ME3's multiplayer loot system.

Now reduce the variety of available rewards by about 75% and drop the bottom threshold on how cool rewards can be to "cotton," and the upper tier to "bow that shoots twice."

It sucks, is what I'm saying.

kai3345

Banned
Went back to the game tonight to try and fight all of the dragons. I got 4 down. Right now I'm in the exalted plains and cant find out how to get past this big ass wall

Maledict

Imagine, if you would, ME3's multiplayer loot system.

Now reduce the variety of available rewards by about 75% and drop the bottom threshold on how cool rewards can be to "cotton," and the upper tier to "bow that shoots twice."

It sucks, is what I'm saying.

And add in the fact that unlike ME3, almost all the packs you buy will not have anything useful or worthwhile in them at all. At least in ME3 you were guaranteed a rare - in Dragon Age, you can easily just get a box of pure junk.

It's utterly dreadful in every respect.

Melchiah

And add in the fact that unlike ME3, almost all the packs you buy will not have anything useful or worthwhile in them at all. At least in ME3 you were guaranteed a rare - in Dragon Age, you can easily just get a box of pure junk.

It's utterly dreadful in every respect.

Not to mention, that it's nowhere near as fun to play as ME3's MP. It lacks the strategy and teamplay, and is more or less a race towards the next area. It's made me very sceptical about ME4's MP. Hopefully they keep the good old gameplay intact, and don't make the maps too large for their own good.

Icefire1424

Went back to the game tonight to try and fight all of the dragons. I got 4 down. Right now I'm in the exalted plains and cant find out how to get past this big ass wall

Bah, thanks for reminding me that I'm stuck there as well. Unfortunately two companion quests have quest markers beyond the wall.

Not to mention, that it's nowhere near as fun to play as ME3's MP. It lacks the strategy and teamplay, and is more or less a race towards the next area. It's made me very sceptical about ME4's MP. Hopefully they keep the good old gameplay intact, and don't make the maps too large for their own good.

Honestly, I'm not concerned about ME4's multi. There's only so much you can do with DAI's basic gameplay structure. ME combat is just more accommodating for this sort of thing, and I fully expect a return to form.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
how hard is it to please sera? she disapproves almost every fucking thing, probably the most picky team member in the inquisition. even when I do favorable stuff for elves she disapproves, I mean wtf!

how hard is it to please sera? she disapproves almost every fucking thing, probably the most picky team member in the inquisition. even when I do favorable stuff for elves she disapproves, I mean wtf!

Sera doesn't give a shit about elves. In fact you're probably getting more disapproval by going pro-elf.

She's favorable towards decisions that question the establishment or favor the lower class.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The bees in Thedas are insane, even dragons tremble at the power of bees. Jar of Bees is super OP and I love it.

Melchiah

Honestly, I'm not concerned about ME4's multi. There's only so much you can do with DAI's basic gameplay structure. ME combat is just more accommodating for this sort of thing, and I fully expect a return to form.

The combat will likely be better, but I just worry they'll increase the map sizes too much as it seems to be a current trend. I liked the relatively small and tactical maps of ME3, and I think making them considerably larger would be a bad idea.

GavinUK86

iQzuSMl.png

Finally picked this up again the other day. I was in the middle of my second playthrough when I stopped, so I downloaded the new DLC for some motivation to play again. I'm level 17 right now. Is that high enough for the new content or should I go higher?

Apoptomon

Finally picked this up again the other day. I was in the middle of my second playthrough when I stopped, so I downloaded the new DLC for some motivation to play again. I'm level 17 right now. Is that high enough for the new content or should I go higher?
If you mean the Jaws of Hakkon DLC, that's designed for levels 20-25. IIRC many enemies and critters are levels 22 or 23, so if you dive in right away you could have a hard time.

If you mean the Jaws of Hakkon DLC, that's designed for levels 20-25. IIRC many enemies and critters are levels 22 or 23, so if you dive in right away you could have a hard time.

I'll give it a shot. If the enemies are too difficult, I'll just pop in again later. I'm really enjoying this game again. Finding a lot of things to do that I didn't get to on the last playthrough.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Just in case y'all were unaware, it's looking likely there won't be any Dragon Age announcements of any kind at E3.

https://twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah/status/609452521879277568

User 19h
@BioMarkDarrah Are we getting any Dragon Age surprise at E3?

Mark Darrah
@user it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you.
But no.

Taken from the official forums' twitter thread, where we readily supply hopes and dreams and then, frequently, throw them off of cliffs. :p

diaspora

Definitely would buy! But it makes
Solas
sound like an antagonist, my poor little lady elf would be crushed ...

I always thought the ending made it pretty clear we'd have to kill him at some point, or at least try. Last time he was left to his own devices a fucking mountain exploded and a hole into another dimension got ripped open.

Edit: Not to make this weird, but if the story is what I think it is, and if "areas" means multiple maps and locals, the survey may have made me diamonds.

Top Bottom