• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

diaspora

I wonder if Flemeth left this as a hint for DAI as far as
leaving Hawke vs a Warden behind
is concerned.

The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment... and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly."

diaspora

Interesting. I wonder if there could be more to that story in the future then?
Well the mission is called Here Lies the Abyss and she literally tells him to jump in when he faces the abyss. I don't think we've seen the last of whomever we left behind, especially if they can escape with an eluvian.

ColdRose

Well the mission is called Here Lies the Abyss and she literally tells him to jump in when he faces the abyss. I don't think we've seen the last of whomever we left behind, especially if they can escape with an eluvian.

Agreed. I hadn't thought of the eluvian possibility. Huh, maybe on my next playthrough I'll leave one of my more favoured
Hawkes
behind. So far I've left
Loghain, Stroud, and a Hawke I hated who romanced Sebastian.

Started playing this again. Enjoying it, and it runs well, but I forgot how much it hiccups as I move around, presumably because I only have 4GB of RAM. Ordered more RAM, so hopefully that will fix that.

Using two-handed weapons as an elf. It's kinda funny to see such a small girl throwing a huge weapon around. Any tips for equipment stats/skills and whatnot? Last time I played I just used a trainer so I could burn through the story, but I'd like to play it properly this time.

Also: a cute.
dragonageinquisition2dxoft.png

diaspora

Agreed. I hadn't thought of the eluvian possibility. Huh, maybe on my next playthrough I'll leave one of my more favoured
Hawkes
behind. So far I've left
Loghain, Stroud, and a Hawke I hated who romanced Sebastian.

Whomever stays behind will
most likely die.
as being the most telling part. IIRC Corypheus pursued eluvians to enter the fade when he couldn't get another anchor.

edit: I left behind 3
Hawkes
and now a fourth.

I just switched PS4's and realized that I forgot to upload my completed Inquisition save. 85 hours, my main 3 companions all had Dragon bone/scale armor, I did every side quest no matter how tedious, and got my preffered ending. My last uploaded save was at the 10 hour mark -_-. It's going to be a tall order replaying this after Wild Hunt.

diaspora

Is it weird that The Maker came to Andraste just like how
Mythal game to Flemeth
with both of them being betrayed by their husbands/lovers? That's just me right? Having the same crown also a coincidence... right?

I really hope there's at least one really story heavy DLC. Awakenings was such a great add-on for Origins. I know we almost definitely won't get something like that, but something kind of like it would be nice.

diaspora

I really hope there's at least one really story heavy DLC. Awakenings was such a great add-on for Origins. I know we almost definitely won't get something like that, but something kind of like it would be nice.
AFAIK, there will be at least one unless Bioware is shitting us.

Got my RAM and have been playing this like crazy. The extra RAM helps SO much. Before I'd play it at 1440x900 with high textures, and it would be stuttery as hell. Not only that, loading from one zone, to another, and back to another would take forever.

Now I run with Ultra textures at 1080p, and I can have Firefox open, AND switching zones is MUCH quicker. All without even the slightest amount of hiccuping.

Best $30 I ever spent.

After beating the game like 3 times, and planning my 4th run, I'm finally starting to get into the multiplayer. I'm enjoying, but I really don't like the unlock system for getting new characters. I wish it was like ME3's where you just get them in chests.

diaspora

lmfao, I crafted a staff that gives my mage inquisitor 3 guard per hit. It's the most OP fucking weapon I've ever used, that combined with a barrier makes him friggin invincible.

Kenaras

After beating the game like 3 times, and planning my 4th run, I'm finally starting to get into the multiplayer. I'm enjoying, but I really don't like the unlock system for getting new characters. I wish it was like ME3's where you just get them in chests.

You can get them in chests—crafting is a second method. I much prefer it to ME3's system, where bad luck can screw you out of getting the character you want for a long, long time. It's the DA:I drop system for weapons and accessories that's terrible.

pahamrick

I can't stand how the PC version's loading times is affected by frame rate. I can't get a perfect locked 60fps no matter what I turn down, so I tried just locking it to 30fps so I don't get the crazy jumps from 40-60, especially during battles.

But as soon as I do that the loadtimes for almost everything suddenly jumps into the minute+ ranges, instead of the seconds+ range.

Ecstasy. That or the Inky's disapproval at Varric's approval. What even was the topic of that scene?

Can't remember, think she was cheering up Varric over an incident with Cassandra. She must have been making funny faces to cheer him up. Clearly worked.

Also, I'd just like to keep gushing about how perfect my inquisitor is:
dragonageinquisition2zrsys.png

She kinda looks like what would happen if Christina Applegate and Chloe Moretz had a lesbian baby. Who was an elf...

diaspora

Can't remember, think she was cheering up Varric over an incident with Cassandra. She must have been making funny faces to cheer him up. Clearly worked.

Also, I'd just like to keep gushing about how perfect my inquisitor is:
dragonageinquisition2zrsys.png

She kinda looks like what would happen if Christina Applegate and Chloe Moretz had a lesbian baby. Who was an elf...

Have you tried out any of the cosmetic mods yet?

diaspora

I haven't. Wasn't aware there were mods. What kind of mods are there?
Better skyhold outfit, smoother and more natural looking hair, an insane number of hairstyle mods, outfit retextures/restyling, making all characters bisexual (lmao), et al.

Edit: my staple mods are the ones that modify the skyhold outfit and the Halamshiral one.

Melchiah

Better skyhold outfit, smoother and more natural looking hair, an insane number of hairstyle mods, outfit retextures/restyling, making all characters bisexual (lmao), et al.

Edit: my staple mods are the ones that modify the skyhold outfit and the Halamshiral one.

Damn. No sweet love with Cassandra on consoles for my female inquisitor. =/

Oh snap, most of those sound right up my alley. Gonna have to check them out.

diaspora

Oh snap, most of those sound right up my alley. Gonna have to check them out.

Some are on nexusmods, but a lot aren't. Try either googling for them or combing through tumblr.

Incidentally, FWIW I've never been comfortable with mods than change a character's sexuality, but that's just me I guess.

Ralemont

not me
Bio typically supports story DLC up to a year past release, so I'm hoping there's still time for two more, but that leaked survey sounded like something substantial, maybe even closer to a $20 DLC than $15. If it doesn't drop till September that might be it.

diaspora

Bio typically supports story DLC up to a year past release, so I'm hoping there's still time for two more, but that leaked survey sounded like something substantial, maybe even closer to a $20 DLC than $15. If it doesn't drop till September that might be it.
Spoils of the Qun is out, so I'd anticipate it coming soon.

Matush

Finished Nightmare mode week ago or so, loved the game. My late game build was unstoppable, getting 3/4/5 guard with each hit was OP as hell.

Lucreto

It might be announced at GamesCom in two or three weeks time.

Ralemont

not me
Finished Nightmare mode week ago or so, loved the game. My late game build was unstoppable, getting 3/4/5 guard with each hit was OP as hell.

The way the game is balanced, it's hard at the beginning and easy at the end. In some ways, that's very enjoyable. It's gratifying to dominate those fucking Terror demons that destroyed you at the start of the game, and gives you a real sense of build progression.

Edit: Looks like that Deep Roads DLC is happening. Biower just posted this on the Dragon Age website.

diaspora

The way the game is balanced, it's hard at the beginning and easy at the end. In some ways, that's very enjoyable. It's gratifying to dominate those fucking Terror demons that destroyed you at the start of the game, and gives you a real sense of build progression.

Edit: Looks like that Deep Roads DLC is happening. Biower just posted this on the Dragon Age website.
If I don't get to play as a Warden crew I swear to fucking god...

Edit: OGHREN OR BUST

Matush

Yeah, beginning was insanely hard but once I hit Skyhold, it was mostly a breeze.

Lucreto

I see the 10 Dragon trophy is glitched. I killed 3 Dragons on one playthrough and I gave up on it. I started another playthrough killed 7 Dragons including the ones I did in the previous playthrough and the trophy unlocked.

Does anyone have tips for Jaws of Hakkon dlc? I can kill 10 high Dragon's easily on Hard but get my ass handed to me on normal enemies. I was trying to finish it before the end game but it might be not possible.

Should I complete the story and lower the difficulty or is there a strategy I am missing. Is there some easily obtained schematics to improve my armour and weapons?

Bradach

I played this at launch for a good 20 hours and I'm starting to get back into it.
Tell me, did I read in one of the patches that I can change my characters accent / voice now. I made a mistake on char creation that I have regretted many times since!
If it can be fine how do I do it. Google won't tell me!

diaspora

I played this at launch for a good 20 hours and I'm starting to get back into it.
Tell me, did I read in one of the patches that I can change my characters accent / voice now. I made a mistake on char creation that I have regretted many times since!
If it can be fine how do I do it. Google won't tell me!
Go to the black emporium from the war table.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

That's pretty much every DA game though. Well, maybe not 2, since it was easy, then hard sometimes, then back to easy.

Deep roads were so good they want you to buy a DLC for it? :D

jonjonaug

Just made it to Skyhold after some 20 hours. Whoa! Am I going to build this thing up? It's in ruins.

Skyhold has two build phases. The first occurs after you leave and come back for the first time (this is also triggered by some cutscenes within Skyhold), the second comes after you complete one of the two main quest missions that will shortly become available to you. While you do have options as to how to build certain areas, this is largely cosmetic in nature outside of choosing the garden upgrade, which gives you several additional pots for growing plants in. This is a highly useful upgrade for potions and grenades, so if you're playing on Nightmare mode I would highly recommend it even if you're roleplaying as a hardcore Andrastian (the other option is to slightly expand the chapel in this area).

pahamrick

So I'm working on my fourth play through of the game right now, and my third time romancing Cassandra (Just not that fond of Josephine, she's okay) and I just had a slightly different variation of one of the scenes with Cass.

It's the one when your Inquisitor comes up on Cassandra reading Varric's novel. It mostly plays out the same until this time Dorian came out and commented on how it was her favorite, that he couldn't even get through the one she lent him and he felt stupider for even trying.

Gave me a bit of a laugh, since that had never happened the previous two times. Makes me wonder how many other scenes have variations to them.

there is a 100% chance the new single player dlc will involve the deep roads and dark spawn. The devs hinted at a dark spawn enemy faction in the next multiplayer expansion.

diaspora

there is a 100% chance the new single player dlc will involve the deep roads and dark spawn. The devs hinted at a dark spawn enemy faction in the next multiplayer expansion.
If Corypheus (The Conductor) can't conventionally die, I'd bank on the return of The Architect, he probably possessed Velanna's sister.

Well, I just hope it all makes sense narratively speaking. The nice potential with DA as a franchise is that they're seemingly set on having a new player character with every new game. Which would presumably leave it so you can have a given PC off doing things that make sense for them to get involved in.

So I just hope this darkspawn / Deep Roads DLC makes sense for the Inquisitor to be the one doing it, cause otherwise why not have a Warden off doing Darkspawn related things?

Just bothers me how BioWare drops hints of some intriguing quest to cure the Calling for the Hero of Ferelden then they say how they're never going to do anything involving the Warden from Origins ever again because they're too devoid of imagination to make playing from multiple POVs work.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Skyhold has two build phases. The first occurs after you leave and come back for the first time (this is also triggered by some cutscenes within Skyhold), the second comes after you complete one of the two main quest missions that will shortly become available to you. While you do have options as to how to build certain areas, this is largely cosmetic in nature outside of choosing the garden upgrade, which gives you several additional pots for growing plants in. This is a highly useful upgrade for potions and grenades, so if you're playing on Nightmare mode I would highly recommend it even if you're roleplaying as a hardcore Andrastian (the other option is to slightly expand the chapel in this area).

Nice. I already saw the first change and it helps a lot.

diaspora

Well, I just hope it all makes sense narratively speaking. The nice potential with DA as a franchise is that they're seemingly set on having a new player character with every new game. Which would presumably leave it so you can have a given PC off doing things that make sense for them to get involved in.

So I just hope this darkspawn / Deep Roads DLC makes sense for the Inquisitor to be the one doing it, cause otherwise why not have a Warden off doing Darkspawn related things?

Just bothers me how BioWare drops hints of some intriguing quest to cure the Calling for the Hero of Ferelden then they say how they're never going to do anything involving the Warden from Origins ever again because they're too devoid of imagination to make playing from multiple POVs work.

It was fucked up for them to give us essentially a cliffhanger for the Warden Commander's story- he/she's going on a new quest into uncharted lands... which you'll never be able to play. It honestly would have been better for the Hero to die off screen by going for their calling.

edit: I suppose the bigger issue is starting a story that one has no intention of actually completing.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
edit: I suppose the bigger issue is starting a story that one has no intention of actually completing.
Sounds like modern video games. :/

Everything has to have a big, huge, "epic" (unbelievably over this word) world and story that expands multiple titles . . . that overwhelmingly ends up being front heavy.

Thinking about it, that's probably not modern at all as many series have suffered from this.

Top Bottom