• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Who becomes Divine is decided by many of your choices in the game. Most important are the major choices (Did you conscript or ally with mages/templars? Who did you support at the Winter Palace) followed by general dialogue choices regarding what to do with the Chantry and also who you decide to support with the War Table mission.

I really liked Cole...his Inner Circle quest is one of the best in the game.

Also, Oghren.

The more I think about Origin's companions.. the more I realise how superior Inquisition's are.

I would take 1 Iron Bull and 1 Cass over 1000000000 Oghren/Shale/Sten etc.

Iron Bull+Cass are even superior (IMO) to Alistair and Morrigan...(Morrigan would no doubt, disapprove).

I guess that means it isn't a must watch then:( a shame:(

You get turned off quickly don't you lol? Does it have to be an unprecedented "must watch" to be enjoyable? I'm also a big Dragon Age fan and I enjoyed it. They fleshed out Cassandra well enough to me and I thoroughly appreciate her more in DAI after watching it.

I'm in the Arbor Wilds, so I guess I'm nearing the end? Damn, what a fantastic game. It's no Origins, but I didnt even realize that I've sunk 50 hours into it so far. My only gripes are that the side quests get old fast and it's still kind of a buggy mess. (
Cullen's personal quest is bugged to where he just doesn't show up. Guess Dagna isn't getting those tools.
)

I might not have gotten as far as you have, but
Cullen does disappear at one point. There's a scout in his office that tells you Cullen's gone to speak with Cassandra; at that point an exclamation point marker will appear on your map.
If you already did this, then apologies in advance.

aborath

Neo Member
Recently I de-overclocked my processor, and it improved stability generally. However, now the war table scenes run like crap, and almost always crash at some point. The rest of the game is running fine. Anyone else had this issue?

Iastfan112

Neo Member
I've got a

Radeon R9 290 Card
16GB RAM

But a 2500K processor. I know this is the weak point on this.

Dragon age- PS4 or PC?

PC

If that 2500k is overclocked it won't be the bottleneck, your 290 will be. I have nearly the same setup(8gb of ram instead of 16) with my 2500k @4.3ghz and cpu usage peaks in the 90's whereas gpu is maxed out near 100% of the time, even with a minor OC there as well. Getting a fairly consistent 60 fps on high with a couple of ultra settings mixed in with mantle on Windows 7. As you walk around the map you'll occasionally see a momentary dip, I suspect due to the game loading a part of zone ahead in the background

painey

so.... hard is really hard. I can win almost any battle, but my potions are pretty much depleted. To beat it in hard mode am I going to have to micro manage every person in the pause mode? coz it's not worth the hassle when I just want to equip my team and play as Varric in real-time

Khal_B

I think I'll be finishing the game up tonight. With all the side missions, many of them feeling inconsequential to the story and honestly boring, I have to say that the Dragon Age Inquisition experience as a whole feels diluted for me. I should have prefaced this by saying that I'm a completionist, but for this game I just can't bring myself to do everything 100%, it's killing the game for me.

The story missions as well as the party character quests have been enjoyable, and I think the game could have benefited if some of the effort invested in the plethora of sidequets was instead put towards making a bit more quests that carry some semblance of relevance to the overlying story.

All in all an enjoyable experience, but one that I'll be relieved of when it's over. Usually for BioWare games I make 3-4 unique playthroughs, but I feel hardpressed to go through this grind again.

Yes, yes I know, it's optional and all of that, but seeing all the incomplete quests in my journal is distressing in itself for me.

so my characters never spoke once in about 2 hours or so of wandering. i was jumping from camp to camp and occasionally going back to skyhold, so now i'm paranoid i've either got a bug or i'm not giving them enough time to talk.

I think I'll be finishing the game up tonight. With all the side missions, many of them feeling inconsequential to the story and honestly boring, I have to say that the Dragon Age Inquisition experience as a whole feels diluted for me. I should have prefaced this by saying that I'm a completionist, but for this game I just can't bring myself to do everything 100%, it's killing the game for me.

The story missions as well as the party character quests have been enjoyable, and I think the game could have benefited if some of the effort invested in the plethora of sidequets was instead put towards making a bit more quests that carry some semblance of relevance to the overlying story.

All in all an enjoyable experience, but one that I'll be relieved of when it's over. Usually for BioWare games I make 3-4 unique playthroughs, but I feel hardpressed to go through this grind again.

Yes, yes I know, it's optional and all of that, but seeing all the incomplete quests in my journal is distressing in itself for me.
I think that it is wise to approach this game always having account that progression is completely based on the player's agency, I can understand the OCD and being a completionist but the game isn't even intended for doing everything in one playthrough (which is pretty insane) that's why there are many zones you can simply skip.

I've completed a lot of side stuff due novelty and curiosity in my first run, but I know I'm going to focus more in the story missions in subsequent playthroughs, I'm pretty sure that will make the game more enjoyable.

leng jai

In the context of this game, being a "completionist" is definitely a burden considering how repetitive and inconsequential the side quests are. Since I'm playing on PC with no trophies I'm not even going to bother specifically doing any of them.

This has probably been posted somewhere in here before, but it's new to me:

David Gaider posted that, with the right world state and doing a couple of quests in a certain order, it's possible to get two DA:O companions,
Alistair and Morrigan
, to chat with each other at
Skyhold

Rootbeer

Banned
anyone having trouble getting 3 tomes for the "way of the rift mage" quest? I even had to resort to looking at youtube videos and gamefaqs posts about it... but none lead me to them. I have 2... just need 1 more :( don't know what to do. I looked in the 3 spots they are SUPPOSED to spawn, i tried various vendors that people suggested, none are selling it

pisses me off this quest has NO MARKERS at all for the items

The main story and companion missions are definitely the meat and potatoes of the game, also each zone's "main" non-cinematic mission (which still includes dialogue) is also good, not too long and provides agents/judgement.

Requisitions, shards, rifts etc. however are definitely something that I've been skipping for a while and I'll never bother with in the future, there's simply no point, specially with the DA Keep.

Kimaka

Is getting high approval the only way to get party member conversation or is there a low approval way? I haven't had Solas say anything to me yet since the first two Haven conversations. Iron Bull also isn't saying much because I haven't had many options to gain approval with him.

How are people enjoying playing an archer? I started my 2nd plathrough and am rolling an Elf Dagger Rogue. Thinking maybe I will respec eventually to Archer. Tempest seemed like it went really well with Archer, but how would Archer Assassin be?

Altima

How are people enjoying playing an archer? I started my 2nd plathrough and am rolling an Elf Dagger Rogue. Thinking maybe I will respec eventually to Archer. Tempest seemed like it went really well with Archer, but how would Archer Assassin be?

It's ok. Quite weak for AoE or vs tanky enemy but really good at taking down mage/spirit low hp enemy.

Tempest ultimate is the best for single target enemy. (Can hit dragon for
50 %
of its max hp)

It's really funny that
Morrigan's the calm and reasonable one now while Leliana's turned into the ice queen.

All I'm saying is, my Hero of Ferelden dun goofed. :0

Tabby

Tempest seemed like it went really well with Archer,

Can someone explain this to me? Everyone says that Tempest is the best spec for archers but I'm looking at the skill tree and it's not making any sense to me.

Flask of fire lets you use your skills with no stamina which since I'm doing damage with my bow anyways I don't need to use skills.

Flask of ice increases my armour but since I'm ranged I don't need it that much.

Flaskmaster lets me carry more potions which is cool but I don't feel like it's as important as say most of the skills on the KE tree.

If anything Assassin makes more sense.

I don't really like how the main quest level recommendedations seem to make you grind out side missions.

I came into this kind of wanting to just play through the main story. Did like, 3 main story missions and a good chunk of side stuff in hinterlands to get my feet wet. Now I'm level 7 and the next story mission is 8-11. So guess I just gotta run around doing stuff until I'm strong enough

Xevren

Can someone explain this to me? Everyone says that Tempest is the best spec for archers but I'm looking at the skill tree and it's not making any sense to me.

Flask of fire lets you use your skills with no stamina which since I'm doing damage with my bow anyways I don't need to use skills.

Flask of ice increases my armour but since I'm ranged I don't need it that much.

Flaskmaster lets me carry more potions which is cool but I don't feel like it's as important as say most of the skills on the KE tree.

You overlooked the mod for flask of fire which for a limited time you can use skills nonstop while it's active, ignoring the cooldowns.

Also, lightning flask lets you attack like a machine gun. Like in here.

Tabby

You overlooked the mod for flask of fire which for a limited time you can use skills nonstop while it's active, ignoring the cooldowns.

Also, lightning flask lets you attack like a machine gun. Like in here.

Oh I see thanks.
I was under the assumption that Lightning Flask just meant movement speed and not attack speed.

So what archer skill works well with the Fire Flask + Mod then?

Malus

Is this game worth it if I'm not expecting to get into the story/lore? I haven't played the other two games and the whole classic medieval mages and templar stuff doesn't really appeal to me. I'm afraid I won't become invested in the world.

That said I did enjoy Shadow of Mordor, but maybe this game has a lot more story and dialogue than SoM?

Xevren

Oh I see thanks.
I was under the assumption that Lightning Flask just meant movement speed and not attack speed.

So what archer skill works well with the Fire Flask + Mod then?

I usually do either fire flask+long draw (or is it long shot? Whatever that is) spam, or fire flask+full draw. Just depends. I do draw's on fights with more adds and just put them to sleep, or long shots just for added damage.

hwalker84

Just beat it at level 25 (way overpowered). Loved it. The end boss battle was wasted on me as I was so damn powerful.

NO ENDGAME LOOT???? WTF!!!! No schematics or nothing. I expected the darkspawn dragon to drop something good. But NOTHING :(
Cassandra (My romance) now refers to me as Inquisitor and I can't take her back to my room? Bug?
Damn trouble with Darkspawn quest is still glitched.

Citadel

After many hours of attempting to kill the Envy Demon as a level 5 2H Warrior on Nightmare, I give up. Loading a save from two hours earlier so I can grind and do some side quests for a bit before returning to kill that guy.

Although I must admit, I love the challenge of Nightmare. Been a long time since a game has "forced" me to get better in order to beat an enemy

Just beat it at level 25 (way overpowered). Loved it. The end boss battle was wasted on me as I was so damn powerful.

NO ENDGAME LOOT???? WTF!!!! No schematics or nothing. I expected the darkspawn dragon to drop something good. But NOTHING :(
Cassandra (My romance) now refers to me as Inquisitor and I can't take her back to my room? Bug?
Damn trouble with Darkspawn quest is still glitched.

Did you really expect the final boss to drop mad loot? This isn't a sandbox game.

ProfNudgy

Neo Member
Everyone keeps telling me that at some point in the game there is a
DRASTIC event that really causes you to realize how big the game is
... I don't think I've gotten there yet.
So far I've started "In Hushed Whispers" and I'm saving up enough power to do "Champions of the Just"
Does this event happen soon? Will I know it when it happens?

LX_Theo

Banned
Everyone keeps telling me that at some point in the game there is a
DRASTIC event that really causes you to realize how big the game is
... I don't think I've gotten there yet.
So far I've started "In Hushed Whispers" and I'm saving up enough power to do "Champions of the Just"
Does this event happen soon? Will I know it when it happens?

It'll be obvious. I also think you can only do one of those two quests per playthrough.

Dollar Yen

Neo Member
It's actually a good movie - Cassandra is really fleshed out in it, and it's referenced in Inquisition quite a bit which was lovely.

- don't forget the Darkspawn summons. They even mention Kirkwall in there. BioWare gave Madhouse creative control and all the resources. It's great how the anime kept to form on some of the aspects of the series. Sure - Cassandra's more of a badass there, but still a great piece.

- For anyone stuck on The Way of the Assassin quest: I found another Assassin Guild Token during the Ball quest after defeating the Duchess Florence.

MartyStu

I am field testing an all rogue team for my next playthrough, and thus far, I am not sure if it is going to be possible.

Even now, it is pretty rough.

It's really funny that
Morrigan's the calm and reasonable one now while Leliana's turned into the ice queen.

I think the reason for that is kinda explained in
her (Leliana's) quest.
Further details on that:
She explains that she'd been used to do the Divine's dirty work for so long that she lost herself.

Grisby

Well, sat at one choice for a good couple of minutes (Here lies the Abyss major spoilers).
Goodbye Alistair. He was a good bro but I couldn't let Hawke die. Plus, Alistair is king in another one of my world states for my upcoming female inquisitor playthrough, so he'll live to see another day.

jasonng

It's really funny that

You can make her more compassionate which can affect your ending. Well, as much compassionate a person can be for someone in her shoes.

I think the reason for that is kinda explained in
her (Leliana's) quest.
Further details on that:
She explains that she'd been used to do the Divine's dirty work for so long that she lost herself.

I get the feeling that
Leliana's like this regardless of whether you chose to harden her personality or not in DA:O

Am I the only one who think that leveling progression in this game is too fast?
I found myself over-leveled in most zones I visited. Perhaps it's because I finished almost every single quests out there?
I love adventuring, but out-leveling the zones & mobs really killed my overall fun. I'm on hard, by the way.

Top Bottom