• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Korten

Banned
One glitch I noticed... During some scenes with many characters, npc's will stop moving. Like not even breathing. Kind of weird.

leng jai

Playing an Archer is painful until you can actually unlock some other skills while still doing decent damage. With the combat system in this game there should have been a dodge button that wasn't a skill that was limited by class and had to be unlocked.

wolfhowwl

Banned
Playing an Archer is painful until you can actually unlock some other skills while still doing decent damage. With the combat system in this game there should have been a dodge button that wasn't a skill that was limited by class and had to be unlocked.

Yeah. Same with the parrying/blocking.

Okay so just want to make sure I'm clear on something. If as a Rogue archer I get the ability bloodied prey in the double daggers tree that effect will still apply to my Bow correct cause it's not listed as weapon specific?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got all the goddamn shards.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Onwards, to the cave of disappointment to collect your amazing reward for all of your collecting efforts:

4644.jpg

Okay so just want to make sure I'm clear on something. If as a Rogue archer I get the ability bloodied prey in the double daggers tree that effect will still apply to my Bow correct cause it's not listed as weapon specific?

I think so. I unlocked that skill on Sera as well, as I don't really what should I get anymore.

Onwards, to the cave of disappointment to collect your amazing reward for all of your collecting efforts:

4644.jpg

They're actually useful, resistance belts for fighting dragons.

I hate the shards. They put up those damned markers everywhere on the map. I look through the skulls and tell myself that I will only collect shards I walk by during other missions. Then my map is filled with rhombuses.

Mindman

Need a quick answer, the silver bars above the health bar on the HUD look like an armor bonus of some sort? How do I tell where am I am getting that from? Equipment, stat, ability..?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
After 52 hours of completing literally all the side content I could possibly complete, I finally did the "Your Heart Shall Burn" and
got to skyhold.
Amazing sequence, Dragon Age is not known for cinematic moments like that, haven't done any new missions yet besides talking to everyone and
meeting the female dwarf I helped in the first game leave Orzammar as well as Cassandra nearly beating the shit out of Varric for hiding the fact that he knew where Hawke was, also nextgen Hawke looks awesome.
Loving it.

Ralemont

not me
I hate the shards. They put up those damned markers everywhere on the map. I look through the skulls and tell myself that I will only collect shards I walk by during other missions. Then my map is filled with rhombuses.

I just walk right by the skull icons on my map.

picture-1-1266344425.png

After 52 hours of completing literally all the side content I could possibly complete, I finally did the "Your Heart Shall Burn" and
got to skyhold.
Amazing sequence,

Holy shit lol. Now I really wish they had given the DA: I title flash on finding Skyhold. It'd be a mindfuck 52 hours in.

Crossing Eden

I just walk right by the skull icons on my map.

picture-1-1266344425.png

Holy shit lol. Now I really wish they had given the DA: I title flash on finding Skyhold. It'd be a mindfuck 52 hours in.
Looking at all the shit on the war table was indeed a mindfuck. Will try again to complete all the side content before continuing the story. I'll probably be OP.

Looking at all the shit on the war table was indeed a mindfuck. Will try again to complete all the side content before continuing the story. I'll probably be OP.

I'm on my fourth run and I'm still finding new missions popping up because I did X differently.

Gotta be something like 200 missions.

Crossing Eden

I'm on my fourth run and I'm still finding new missions popping up because I did X differently.

Gotta be something like 200 missions.
It just occurred to me that I'll have to do a second playthrough with different decisions.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This game really does have a lot of issues triggering flags for cutscenes and such. I had a few for my initial play through.

I was just about to start up a second game, just to really give the game a fair shake and see if the combat is more enjoyable on nightmare, and the damn thing spawns me in the wasteland area of the initial cutscene after I spend 30 minutes customizing my character.

No ability to save, just wandering around this obviously incomplete area with no way to get out. Sigh.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow... it just fucking happened again.

Wonder what could be causing it.

jgwhiteus

Guard is generated from defensive warrior skills like Taunt and Challenge.

Later on some weapons / armor also have the ability to generate Guard through attacks.

Perhaps the most over-powered build in the game is a Knight-Enchanter who has Guard-generating equipment (which can be crafted with rare metals, e.g. Fade-Touched Obsidian). Knight-Enchanters already generate Barriers through their abilities; with Guard-generating equipment they're pretty much always protected by two forms of armor on top of their health bar.

Those fade rift enemies that channel frost rays or whatever are the worst. They slow you down, teleport, and put up barriers. Hate fighting those guys.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This game really does have a lot of issues triggering flags for cutscenes and such. I had a few for my initial play through.

I was just about to start up a second game, just to really give the game a fair shake and see if the combat is more enjoyable on nightmare, and the damn thing spawns me in the wasteland area of the initial cutscene after I spend 30 minutes customizing my character.

No ability to save, just wandering around this obviously incomplete area with no way to get out. Sigh.

Well, it appears I'm not the only one...

Maybe something to do with making a female mage?

http://www.princessstabbity.com/dra...-stage-in-beginning-of-dragon-age-inquisition

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm getting this for christmas and I had a few questions:

Party wise I'm thinking of using iron bull, serra and viviene. Is this a decent party?

I'm not sure what class I'd be. Either rogue or mage. Was a mage in the first. I've seen a bit of a playthrough and not sure if i'll need more magic or another bow/lockpicker. Does serra come with thief skills?

Does this game have the same aggro mechanic? I recall hating getting charged all the time in origins.

As I said I played the first but never finished it. For the dragon keep stuff I gather it's mostly cameos but is there an ideal way to set things up in terms of content/extra quests/etc? I think I made an origin account for mass effect so I assume I use that to access the keep.

Finally it seems a tad buggy. Is there anything to watch out for? Nothing game breaking I take it?

Looking forward to try this. Seems much more my thing than the first was.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So how do I upgrade Bianca?

I crafted something called "Flanking Limbs" for it I think, but they just sit in my inventory inder upgrades, and I can't figure out a way to upgrade it at the armory...

I have all these weapons for rougues that do more damage, but I'd like him to keep his signature weapon if possible?

Edit: upon trying again I've created another upgrade called "deadly limbs" but I can't do anything with it.

Building these off of the "Bianca Arms I" schematic.

wolfhowwl

Banned
It's okay. They can hold onto The Banner Saga and Wasteland 2 all they like, and it'll be for a perfectly good reason. I enjoyed them as well, as far as what I've gotten out of them. Good thing too, that these real old school RPGs are coming back. At least now they can leave us alone with our Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls and Deus Ex instead of droning on endlessly about how "This genre used to be so much better."

THE WONDERS OF PC GAMING.

If only it were that easy. I'm sure there will be similar OUTRAGE when the next bombastic pseudo-RPG like Mass Effect or Bethesda titles gets some meaningless award over that year's elitist darling.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So I'm chillin' on the MP and really cracking into the SP mode. I'm in the Storm Coast and I'm getting REALLY bored of trying to get the last two shards. How important is it to do all this bullshit? It's the last shit I have available until
Val Royeaux

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm chillin' on the MP and really cracking into the SP mode. I'm in the Storm Coast and I'm getting REALLY bored of trying to get the last two shards. How important is it to do all this bullshit? It's the last shit I have available until
Val Royeaux

I collected all of the shards.

The rewards for getting them all are not worth it in the slightest. Very underwhelming.

wolfhowwl

Banned
The shards aren't worth it. At all.

The resistence buffs it gives you can easily be made up for and then some with the upgraded tonics.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I got somewhat into that little dungeon thingy where you get the buffs so I got SOME of the buffs. Like +4 to each resistance or some shit overall. Is that at least most of the buff?

Tabby

So how do I upgrade Bianca?

I crafted something called "Flanking Limbs" for it I think, but they just sit in my inventory inder upgrades, and I can't figure out a way to upgrade it at the armory...

I have all these weapons for rougues that do more damage, but I'd like him to keep his signature weapon if possible?

Edit: upon trying again I've created another upgrade called "deadly limbs" but I can't do anything with it.

Building these off of the "Bianca Arms I" schematic.
In the upgrade weapon machine you need to switch to his character if you want to apply upgrades to Bianca.
And you can only use Bianca and dual daggers, other bows don't work on him so if you have other bows just give it to Sera/Cole or sell it.

UberLevi

Which dragon is considered the hardest to fight? I'd like to save that one for last.

And as a side note, I'm suddenly romancing Sera. It happened so fast, but there's no turning back now.

dralla

So I'm getting this for christmas and I had a few questions:

Party wise I'm thinking of using iron bull, serra and viviene. Is this a decent party?

I'm not sure what class I'd be. Either rogue or mage. Was a mage in the first. I've seen a bit of a playthrough and not sure if i'll need more magic or another bow/lockpicker. Does serra come with thief skills?

Does this game have the same aggro mechanic? I recall hating getting charged all the time in origins.

As I said I played the first but never finished it. For the dragon keep stuff I gather it's mostly cameos but is there an ideal way to set things up in terms of content/extra quests/etc? I think I made an origin account for mass effect so I assume I use that to access the keep.

Finally it seems a tad buggy. Is there anything to watch out for? Nothing game breaking I take it?

Looking forward to try this. Seems much more my thing than the first was.
No way. Iron Bull is worthless unless you control him yourself. He dies constantly. You want a warrior with a shield in your party to build guard. Cassandra is a beast with her upgraded skills.

--

I started the 'Wicked Eyes' mission last night. Gawd damn. What to do...

Tabby

Whoever came up with "On the Chantry's Trail" needs to be fired. Dumbest quest ever and the only reward was a cave with Deep Mushrooms and mediocre armour.
What a joke.

spekkeh

Banned
Whoever came up with "On the Chantry's Trail" needs to be fired. Dumbest quest ever and the only reward was a cave with Deep Mushrooms and mediocre armour.
What a joke.
With the amount of effort poured into most quests, I fear you'd fire their only quest designer, Jim the vocational school intern. Poor Jim.

JP

I've been soooooo close to buying this since launch and I keep hovering over the buy button. Do people here think that the Deluxe Edition (download) is worth £5 on top of the standard version?

Dunkelgrau

I am at the
Skyhold
now.

1. There you have the opportunity to make your own
Hawke
. But I can only make a male one - is this a bug?

2. Is it possible that some important NPCs can die at the quest Your Heart Shall Burn? Where is the
trans
character for example?

Tabby

]blacky[;144643702 said:
I am at the
Skyhold
now.

1. There you have the opportunity to make your own
Hawke
. But I can only make a male one - is this a bug?

2. Is it possible that some important NPCs can die at the quest Your Heart Shall Burn? Where is the
trans
character for example?

1. Nope.
You set the gender in the Keep, if you went with the default then it's a male.

2. No idea. Even if they don't die some NPCs will just leave anyways saying that they "have more important things to tend to".

abundant

No way. Iron Bull is worthless unless you control him yourself. He dies constantly. You want a warrior with a shield in your party to build guard. Cassandra is a beast with her upgraded skills.

You do know that you can make Iron Bull a S&S Warrior, do you? The only restrictions each character has is if they'e a Warrior, Rouge, or Mage + their specializations.

studyguy

I killed a fucking dragon in the hinterlands. Level 11 now thanks to it.
Ally AI was probably my biggest hurdle. Solas and Verric kept getting blasted when they insisted on standing in the AoEs when it sucked them in or right infront of its face.

In the end I took over Cassandra ended up soloing the last like 10% alone. Fucking sword and shield is OP as shit jesus fuck.

I killed a fucking dragon in the hinterlands. Level 11 now thanks to it.
Ally AI was probably my biggest hurdle. Solas and Verric kept getting blasted when they insisted on standing in the AoEs when it sucked them in or right infront of its face.

In the end I took over Cassandra ended up soloing the last like 10% alone. Fucking sword and shield is OP as shit jesus fuck.

Lol Blackwall is even stronger.

Top Bottom