• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Some Nobody

Why does my character suck so fucking much? jesus christ it's stupid as fuck how fast I die. I'm a fucking 2H qun warrior I shouldn't be dieing stupidly fast. Even with +100 HP shit on I'm the first to die. My tank and the rest ofmy party out damage and out last me every fucking time with inferior weapons. I don't get it. Can anyone help me out? What am I doing wrong?

Are you playing on Nightmare?

ZehDon

(PS4) why does this game have to connect to the servers if I'm playing a single player only? I'm not sure if it's due to the PSN issues or my very slow home internet, but the game stays stuck in the connecting to DA servers screen and I can play.

Any known fixes?
I used to have this issue with AssCreed IV when PSN was being spotty. Disconnect your PS4 from the net entirely, and it should abandon the attempt as soon as it can't connect to the net. Unlike the PC version, you shouldn't need the net to play on consoles.

Moaradin

I've had a pretty long break from this game since I've been pretty busy the last few weeks. Now that Christmas has come and gone, I'm so behind on my games now and i want to try to finish this soon. I'm on the mission What Pride Had Wrought. How close am I?

and lol I came back to a corrupt save. Luckily I have like 200 of them :p

erawsd

I'm really not enjoying the Dragon fights so far. The most efficient strat seems to be to just let everyone else die and just kill them on my own. Way faster than having to micromanage every last thing they do with the terrible tactical mode and companion AI.

Some Nobody

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing in relation to gameplay. I'm just running around enjoying the scenery while not really understanding half the things you have to do. There is so much stuff to do, it is overwhelming. I assume even without a basic understanding of all that stuff that it is still possible to beat the game?

It's very overwhelming, but the longer you play the more you get the hang of it. I remember one day playing and thinking "I'll never figure this all out" and then not too long after that realizing I'd obtained a pretty fair grasp of everything going on. Admittedly, this was like 20+ hours in, so :p

Zareka

Warrior classes are not DPS. Their kits just doesn't allow for that function.

Mage has more cc and aoe damage. Rogues are single target.
I rerolled a Mage (created a similar character as my first) and I'm finding it more enjoyable than the 2H warrior. I miss being melee but the Knight-Enchanter should fix that. Thanks!

Is there any way to turn off the minimap? I want to explore and discover on my own but minimaps are the most distracting things. Turning off the HUD works but then I can't see health bars etc.

Playing on PS4.

hwalker84

After beating the game does your romance still live on? My game seems bugged. Cassandra calls me Inquisitor and not my love.

They also need to fix the trouble with darkspawn quest, and the ten dragons killed quest.

Mage is so much fun. I much prefer playing a mage over a rogue. Lack of armour variety is a serious problem with this game, I've noticed. Everything looks too similar. Where are the robes, etc?

Dollar Yen

Neo Member

- It was so sad. Perhaps one returns once you go back, which would still make me sad. BioWare knows how to conjure a narrative.

Solas couldn't. I don't think that there was an option for him to do so. He would have been the next choice. Morrigan knows the forest and has a respect for it. Also, if she is needed to act in the finale, better her to have the knowledge so she can play her part. I wished that Solas could have. I had a human character, so it wouldn't have been a good idea for her to keep it.

- beat the game. Yes, that was quite mysterious.
Wasn't Dreadwolf killed in Origins when you've lifted the curse? or was that someone else? Either way: Solas, man.

Dollar Yen

Neo Member
Just bought this on PS Store. Since I haven't played anything Dragon Age related before will I get the story at all?

- you can try. Two ways:
Play Dragon Age: Origins then use Dragon Age Keep to shape all the choices you'll make. Or just go straight into Dragon Age Keep and import the world to Inquisition when you're done.

- It was so sad. Perhaps one returns once you go back, which would still make me sad. BioWare knows how to conjure a narrative.

Solas couldn't. I don't think that there was an option for him to do so. He would have been the next choice. Morrigan knows the forest and has a respect for it. Also, if she is needed to act in the finale, better her to have the knowledge so she can play her part. I wished that Solas could have. I had a human character, so it wouldn't have been a good idea for her to keep it.

- beat the game. Yes, that was quite mysterious.
Wasn't Dreadwolf killed in Origins when you've lifted the curse? or was that someone else? Either way: Solas, man.

No that was the Lady of the Forest. A minor spirit.

Starting my first nightmare run with a sword and board warrior. Any tips? Only enemy type giving me trouble so far are bruisers. Really not looking forward to the boss of the templar route...

Beat my first dragon. What a battle! Good riddance Hinterlands dragon, you put up a good fight for 25 minutes.
He had half his health and so did I with no potions left. Wow that felt good.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Wow fuck this waterfall cave. Spiders respawn before I can even run back to the veil fire to even look for this damn rune. Who approved this? Gah

neoism

any word on the next patch man why the fuck does Bioware take forever... thing ima wait it out but I do want to play this been almost a week.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Just bought this on PS Store. Since I haven't played anything Dragon Age related before will I get the story at all?
They reference the previous stories only slightly, so you won't have much to worry about.

I think BW intentionally made this game to be "fresh" (as in not a lot of story carry over) so that new people wouldn't get lost. I think it's a shame, since they only slightly go into what Templars, Mages, Blood Mages, Grey Wardens, etc., are.

Eg, if you never played the first game you won't really care about the Grey Wardens.

Urishizu

Has anyone had frequent crashing in multiplayer on Xbox One both in the menus and in the game? It throws me out to the dashboard and after a minute my Xbox hard resets itself.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So my friend and I started multilplayer today and I don't know if we're doing something wrong but it's really hard, is it because we're only 2 man? We usually make it to 2/5 and wipe horribly. I'm playing the tank and he's player the archer. Also, is it best to spend your gold as soon as you make it? I saved up everything from tonight because I didn't want to waste it.

Overall I love the game, both MP and SP and I can see myself really pounding it in the future when I'm not so sick.

Oh and, what does the number in the top right mean? I thought it was level at first but it's not.

Just finished the main story, 42 hours.

Damn good game. Not perfect but its flaws don't really matter in the grand scale of things. Just a fantastic world full of interesting lore and very fun to just explore.

Edit:

Uhhhh ok wow I might have fucked up finishing the main story so soon. It would appear that some party members are no longer available post-endgame.....and my awesome equipment seems to have vanished with them. Any chance I can recover those items they had equipped? =\

Kallor

any word on the next patch man why the fuck does Bioware take forever... thing ima wait it out but I do want to play this been almost a week.

Yeah thats what I'm waiting for :/

Solas quest got bugged which is silly easy to do and a lot of people seemingly bugged this quest out. Pathetic that bioware still hasn't addressed going on two months later.

Any advice for the mission "heart burn", where you have to arm the trebuchets? These things take for fucking ever to arm, and I have an infinite number of enemies swarming me. The fire mages destroy my party by casting fire mines that take out all my HP, and the tower knights and archers just destroy my party.

I can fight them fine but c'mon fighting a dozen constantly swarming you while you're trying to arm a trebuchet? It's silly. The person designing this should have been fired.

The game must be bugged because they all come at once. I have 12 fire mages all nuking me at the same fucking time. This is fucking insane.

Any advice for the mission "heart burn", where you have to arm the trebuchets? These things take for fucking ever to arm, and I have an infinite number of enemies swarming me. The fire mages destroy my party by casting fire mines that take out all my HP, and the tower knights and archers just destroy my party.

I can fight them fine but c'mon fighting a dozen constantly swarming you while you're trying to arm a trebuchet? It's silly. The person designing this should have been fired.

The game must be bugged because they all come at once. I have 12 fire mages all nuking me at the same fucking time. This is fucking insane.

Just have one guy turn the trebuchet all the time. Encounter ends when he finishes regardless of how many enemies are left.

GO to hell Biowar, "verifying available free space" when saving. Go to fucking hell. There goes 30+ hours down the fucking drain. Seriously fuck you bioware, why can't you people make a game that FUCKING WORKs?

Enemies aren't infinite, they spawn at set intervals depending on the progress of the trebuchet crank. Deal with them as soon as they appear so you don't get overwhelmed, or, as another poster said, just keep someone on the crank. That's not always reliable, though. Remember that there are 3 supply caches you can go back to if need be.

studyguy

After 3 dragons I've come to the conclusion that they're single player MMO bosses complete with party wide raid mechanics that you face with quite possibly the dumbest AI in existence. It's infuriating to try and keep your ranged alive when they just do whatever the fuck and move out of assigned locations or decide to just walk into the dragon's face and eat a whole attack.

Holy shit the AI is straight up suicidal in this game.

Visceir

Been playing this for a while now. The combat has been awful and is just a chore at this point. The tactical camera how it is now has been unusable for me which has resulted in me just hack n' slashing everything while Solas casts Pull Of The Abyss/Blizzard/Firestorm.

Are there any mounts or means to move faster? Wish they would have just gone all out and given you a dragon mount or something.

Rootbeer

Banned
Enjoyed this game so much I just wish there were more.

Wouldn't even care if Bioware used the exact same engine and assets and immediately started working on DA4 just so they can get it out the door faster :p

And why not? Look at games like Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas where this pretty much happened (even though it was licensed out)

No need to reinvent the wheel Bioware, give us a new Dragon Age soon!

Melchiah

Managed to kill the last dragon last night, but I had to do it twice in order to get the trophy. That's the third dragon I had to double kill.

I also completed the Solasan temple, and I was wondering does the elemental resistance you receive from there apply to the whole party, or just the main character?

Now all the sidequests are done, and the game clock shows 155 hours. Time to continue the story and start the Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts mission. =)

EDIT: I'm also glad I chose to romance Josephine with my female character, as that quest had a satisfying and amusing ending. Oddly enough, most of the sites I looked for romance options mentioned nothing about the last part,
the duel against the rival suitor
, and gave the impression it's just another fling like it was with Kelly in Mass Effect 2. I wonder how many players disregarded Josephine because of that?

huxley00

Feel free to retreat back to town a bit and then just lure the enemies in smaller groups, that what I ended up doing when I couldn't get past that section on nightmare.

ElFly

Does anybody know why in the ending
if Leliana is named Divine, there is a flying ... pig? holding a banner?

Checked the spoilers and the other divines don't have that pig.

Rixxan

This game has been absolutely wonderful.

I dropped about 60 hours on the PS4 and spec built a new PC.

Since doing so Ive dropped another 50 into a more completionist playthrough - different class different choices - focusing on savoring every nook, cranny, companion quest, what have you.

Really floored by just how much content i missed my first time around, Bioware really needs to be applauded for the sheer quantity and quality of content there is in this game - throwaway chain quests turn out to be fully fleshed out points of character development, small cave entrances turn out to be entire dungeons - in nearly every zone. Just a staggering amount of fucking content, man - with little in the way of recycled assets.

I guess i understand some of the combat complaints, but at the same time I always enjoy closing a rift - fighting a dragon, despite some of the flaws within the mechanics.

Easily my GOTY and quite frankly one of the best single player RPGs I've ever played.

Some Nobody

Ok, people said Josephine's ending was unsatisfying, but once I actually did it I was actually pretty impressed. Also, playing through it with a female Inquisitor kind of turns the whole thing on its head in a spectacularly fun way. Only way it could've been better is if
you could've actually participated in the duel for her
. They could've changed the battle system up to be something like Suikoden's RPS system for all I care, but that would've made it much better, for sure.

studyguy

Cole's model sometimes didn't appear for me for whatever reason.
I had some super fucking weird bugs that would have made that DAO gif jealous. Had my MC randomly flail its arms around for like 30 seconds in the Heart Burns whatever quest cutscene before they start singing and I had Cassandra roll her eyes back and flail her head about when I had a character standing in some awkward angle below her. Also had Verric randomly do squats out in Haven for a long time when talking to him.

Apt101

I am finding absolutely nothing but rare rogue weapons and armor. I feel like it's a complete waste of time even playing as warrior.

Is there a well-known way or hack out there to just grant ones self new items?

JP

Finally just started playing this. How do I revive characters as I don't seem too have anything to do that?

Top Bottom