• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something doesn't add up.

Three episodes are nowhere near enough to wrap up the tournament be foreign Goku vs. Jiren.

Very excited to see how they'll handle this.

I-hate-u

Three episodes are nowhere near enough to wrap up the tournament be foreign Goku vs. Jiren.

1st episode: Tien and Vegeta knocked out

2nd episode: Hit eliminates Dyspo, but Jiren and Toppo take out every single other fighter except for Goku and Gohan

3rd episode: Gohan ties with Toppo, both are eliminated.

NeonZ

The battle will probably start while other fighters are still on the arena with their own battles. I actually think something like this should have happened much earlier if it's really the case.

Eylos

Banned
It Will be weird If Goku transforms in the New form, than Change the Focus to anyone fight.

How they Will handle this.

NeonZ

Both getting hour long episodes, but in alternating weeks.

So... This will mark Goku's 6th Transformation, and his final one, right?

Right?
No.

Considering its design, I wouldn't be surprised if this transformation is just set up for an even better one, like a more well planned SSG -> SSB transition. This also becomes much more likely if the aftermatch of the tournament leads directly into the next arc, with no breaks at all.

So both One Piece and DBS are getting hour long episodes? Or is it just an hour long because they're back to back?

I imagine they are "hour" long episodes, but will both be cut into two episodes for home releases and western TV and will probably count as two episodes in terms of the episode count of the two shows.

When are we getting episode titles for 107+?

around next Tuesday or Wednesday we'll get the info for 107 and 108.
what thing
what's this about a one hour episode
what's happening

One Piece and Dragon Ball Super are doing "TV Specials" that are basically just two episodes in one. October 1st Dragon Ball Super won't air because of the double One Piece episode and then October 8th One Piece won't air because of the double Super episode.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't care about Goku getting some new thing that's only been built up in marketing materials and not the actual show.

Jiren knocks out almost everyone, Hit saves U6 saiyans before he's knocked out. Gohan takes Toppo down with him. Goku and Jiren knock each other out.

In the end it's up to Frieza to win for U7 by finally defeating the saiyan menace. California transforms into super sinner.

Frost has been hiding the whole time, knocks out Frieza when he defeats the saiyans, U6 wins.

The double episode is the start of Goku vs Jiren, they never said it was the end of it.

I get it.

I'm just saying that unless they're doing other fights simultaneously like NeonZ suggested (which I think will be a terrible idea since it will fuck up the pacing and remove any sense of finality of the fight), 3 episodes are just not enough to wrap up the other plot-lines.

Freeza hasn't even done anything yet!

My bet is that the fight will be cut short by the end of the special and resumed later.

Moaradin

I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't care about Goku getting some new thing that's only been built up in marketing materials and not the actual show.

I mean, what transformation in Dragon Ball has been built up other than the very first Super Saiyan? I'm fine as long as it's cool when it happens.

dickroach

around next Tuesday or Wednesday we'll get the info for 107 and 108.

One Piece and Dragon Ball Super are doing "TV Specials" that are basically just two episodes in one. October 1st Dragon Ball Super won't air because of the double One Piece episode and then October 8th One Piece won't air because of the double Super episode.

alright cool

J4g3r

I like the look of it, but it all comes down to how they reveal it in the end for me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I mean, what transformation in Dragon Ball has been built up other than the very first Super Saiyan? I'm fine as long as it's cool when it happens.

I would argue SSJ2 did as well. Would just be nice to see something... earned? I guess? It's not like Goku has been off-screen for a while like he was in Z.

I would argue SSJ2 did as well. Would just be nice to see something... earned? I guess? It's not like Goku has been off-screen for a while like he was in Z.

I guess it depends on what this form is and how it will be achieved.
Goku talked about reaching higher heights with Gohan, so if it is tied to that then it'd make sense.

Eylos

Banned
5-imh2.gif

Man i'm worried they Will rush the arc in the end

Busaiku

I never liked Goku's ripped clothing look between Piccolo and Frieza.
One of the things I was so happy was gone between Cell and now.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Feels like the manga has been building up to this new transformation, but the anime absolutely hasn't.

I wish they weren't both so uneven in their own unique bizarre ways.

LaNaranja

Episode was great. Also what is this Toppo/Gohan double elimination nonsense that I have now seen multiple people speculate about? It is pretty clear that team captain Gohan is going to be the last one standing.

I'm surprised they didn't have Roshi just throw someone off the stage with Mafuba

I thought the same thing. Why not just slam people out of the ring, no need to thread the needle and put them in a bottle.

cordy

Banned
Goku and Jiren will get eliminated leaving it to Gohan, Toppo, Frieza and a few more. Not much but it's definitely not ending with Goku and Jiren.

Gohan's going to be the last one standing I'm sure.

NeonZ

The new manga chapter seemed to be foreshadowing something when Goku talked with Whis about training ("more advanced lesson", "you know what I'm talking about"). There was a short sequence where Goku trained with Whis in the anime preparing for the tournament, but it seemed completely throw away and pointless. I wonder if that was meant to be foreshadowing for the new form but the episode's script writer messed up?

Oh man cannot wait for the new transformation

I honestly don't understand the hype after reading the manga. This new form seems to be inline with what is going on there....

The new manga chapter seemed to be foreshadowing something when Goku talked with Whis about training ("more advanced lesson", "you know what I'm talking about"). There was a short sequence where Goku trained with Whis in the anime preparing for the tournament, but it seemed completely throw away and pointless. I wonder if that was meant to be foreshadowing for the new form but the episode's script writer messed up?

That right there is my hugest gripe with the anime. Manga takes the time to build and explain things properly.

Don't get me started on how well it is handling power levels.

MKIL65

Goku realized it took too much stamina to dye his hair in a different color, so he created this form instead, where only his aura is differentiated.

Amirite, manga readers?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Seems like a big error on the anime staff's part if true.

I guess it depends on what this form is and how it will be achieved.
Goku talked about reaching higher heights with Gohan, so if it is tied to that then it'd make sense.

Not expecting much after they failed to explain why SSG was absent for 90 episodes. And if it's the thing he mentioned to Gohan... I guess we'll see.

brinstar

It'd be cool if Goku vs Jiren wasn't the final battle, but the battle was so intense it ends up knocking a bunch of bystanders off the arena and eventually Goku and Jiren knock each other out. Then Gohan leads the last of the U7 team to the end of the tournament.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It'd be cool if Goku vs Jiren wasn't the final battle, but the battle was so intense it ends up knocking a bunch of bystanders off the arena and eventually Goku and Jiren knock each other out. Then Gohan leads the last of the U7 team to the end of the tournament.

I feel if they're starting it this early then something else has to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom