• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

That episode was really good. There wasn't any real bullshit. It was just classic Roshi with actual character development for another side character. Minor gripes included Goku finally deciding to go SSB after he thought Roshi had died... lmao. Also the animation of the his final kamehameha lacked umpf. It could've been animated a lot better to really hit it home.

Next episode is gonna be good.

Skeeter49

I would argue SSJ2 did as well. Would just be nice to see something... earned? I guess? It's not like Goku has been off-screen for a while like he was in Z.

My biggest issue is the reason for this tournament was Goku was getting rusty, so it just seems weird for him to get a powerup when that goes against how this arc started.
If it's a powerup he gets in the middle of the fight, I don't think that's really needed though. Goku did talk about wanting to break past his limits, and a lot of characters are doing that now with Roshi and Gohan, so it's there. If it's like SSJ3 where Goku's been saving it, for narrative reasons that's awful given how this arc started.

If this gets rid of Blue I'm happy though..

Maybe Skeeter was right about Ten and Vegeta going out soon...
Next episode, Krillin gets 2 buddies joining him.
Believe.
I do want to see Beerus's reaction to Tien, since I don't think he's reacted to Tien once.

Mory Dunz

I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't care about Goku getting some new thing that's only been built up in marketing materials and not the actual show.

I don't care about it either (as I don't like any new forms in super so far), but if it comes with getting a show defining fight then I'll deal with it.

I mean eff, we've already had over 100 episodes and I don't think Super has had one of those fights.
The movies cancel the BoG and RoF fights
The closest thing imo was Hit vs Goku rd 1. But the main thing it lacked was stakes.

the Black arc could've easily had one of those fights....if they hadn't fought so many times with the same people, same location, and with each fight seemingly losing significance.

so....still waiting.

edit:
oh yea Gohan v Goku was good. But again, stakes. I'd put it below the Goku v Hit fight.
Trunks vs Black rd 1 would've been that tier if it was longer imo. I loved how the arc started.

Cimarron

Not gonna lie. I was beginning to tear up when Roshi looked like he was going to die.

Makes you windwr how string he would be if he had his yiuth returned to him and he started some serious training again.

Great episode.

Skeeter49

I don't see the worry that it's being rushed, unless I missed something other than the Jiren fight starting sooner than expected.

The Jiren vs. Goku fight might not even have it's ending. I could see Goku's powerup having a time limit, and Dyspo saving Jiren after Jiren gets severely weak,andGoku gets drained as well, so they both have to sit out for a little bit, or Jiren still takes out the weaklings since they're no threat to him. Goku and Vegeta both being "out", even if Goku's still in the ring, would be good.

There's also the interruption possibility.

Maybe Jiren getting weakened by Goku could give Gohan, Frieza, or Kale a chance at putting up a fight with him

Jiren about to face the wrath of hot Goku.

Also...

How can anyone hope to counter such a brilliant fighter?
Lost my shit when I saw this, I love that little guy

Also exciting that this fight is starting so soon

Nothing to stop them from doing the Goku v Jiren fight concurrently with other stuff as well also

spidye

I don't feel like it's getting rushed. This arc started on episode 77 and as of now this has to be the longest arc in super.
We got many great character moments, some good fights and the climax will have a special episode.
I'm pretty content with this arc until now

dickroach

I don't feel like it's getting rushed. This arc started on episode 77 and as of now this has to be the longest arc in super.

this shit's went on wayyyyyyyyy way way too long. but there's still 20+ fighters left in the tournament, 13 of them being the only ones that mattered at all from the beginning, and they're about to just end it? they're either rushing it or taking a big plot turn.
like... are they finally gonna reveal the Grand Priest is evil already? just do it.

kunonabi

this shit's went on wayyyyyyyyy way way too long. but there's still 20+ fighters left in the tournament, 13 of them being the only ones that mattered at all from the beginning, and they're about to just end it? they're either rushing it or taking a big plot turn.
like... are they finally gonna reveal the Grand Priest is evil already? just do it.

What gets me is how much padding and standing around there is. I know it's Dragonball but still.

Durden77

Really liked this episode a lot. I got a little emotional when Roshi was talking about his students, and how they've reignited him and made him a better person and fighter. And they actually had me for a second. I really thought he may die there.

The only real bummers were the fact that his Kamehameha was not animated well enough to match the emotion that was supposed to come with it (which really was a bummer, because besides that it was such a powerful scene), and Goku continuing to be a fucking idiot and not getting out of situations that he easily can get out of to help himself or his friends until the last second.

But overall, this was a really great episode. They treated Roshi with a lot of care, and managed to develop a character that seemed like they had nothing left to develop. I do kinda wonder where Tien was in all of this though.

dickroach

What gets me is how much padding and standing around there is. I know it's Dragonball but still.

I think the whole recruitment arc was padding
"if we don't win this our entire existence gets erased" "ok im in"
that didn't need to go on for 20 episodes or whatever

Skeeter49

Toppo: This is no longer a tournament. *Destroys the ring*

Toppo: We fight until the death now.

Tournament ends, fight to the death matches begins

It went on too long for U7. Other universes needed some of those episodes.

angelic

Banned

You should be a writer, that's brilliant stuff.

The recruitment arc was atmosphere building, gave us a look into the other universes, we saw the devious plans, we got Frieza out of hell, too much great stuff to list. Watching DBS for closure is doing it wrong, the show is about the journey. We've still only had 15 minutes of the actual TOP and it's been going on almost 2 months.

What if Goku draws with Jiren during the special, then we have a bunch of episodes of the other U7 fighters stalling for time until he recovers for a final battle?

Wouldn't it be cool if while Goku is resting, Frieza tries to kill him and Vegeta intervenes? We'll finally see Vegeta taking out Frieza.

I would also love if someone kills their opponent thinking they'll only get DQ but they get erased on the spot.

dickroach

I mean, either these characters will stick around after this arc, in which case we'll see more of them, or they wont, so who gives a shit about them

with that said, I want more U11.
SDd4NWr.png

You should be a writer, that's brilliant stuff.

thanx

caliph95

Seriously yes

One of the more interesting episodes is where see glimpse of other universe

Skeeter49

What if Goku draws with Jiren during the special, then we have a bunch of episodes of the other U7 fighters stalling for time until he recovers for a final battle?

Wouldn't it be cool if while Goku is resting, Frieza tries to kill him and Vegeta intervenes? We'll finally see Vegeta taking out Frieza.

I would also love if someone kills their opponent thinking they'll only get DQ but they get erased on the spot.

That'd be neat. My thought would be either Goku gets knocked out, or his transformation has a time limit like SSG did, or is just really demanding.

Jiren could still fight then, but not be as strong as he was when he completely wrecked Kale, maybe a little stronger than Toppo.

mas8705

So would that be to say that the Grand Angel is going to actually enforce the "No Killing" rule at that point? Or will the Zenos be like,

"OHH! *makes circles with their arms over their heads*"

"The Zenos have allowed killing!" :D

Would be funny, but if anything else, I'm just waiting to see if we are actually going to see someone get killed (not Roshi's brush with death) and how that will be dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom