• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tien got nothing at best, less than nothing more realistically.

Nothing new, not even a chance to break out any his better old stuff with going 4 or 6 armed/etc, no surprise solar flare given they just arbitrarily let Krillin steal and adopt it without the slightest, even his eyes did functionally nothing given he read no attack paths at all and just charged in directly the whole time.

Even aside from ALL of that, the fight itself had the mass reflection attack seemingly nailing the entire platform stage yet nobody among the other groups was even slightly inconvenienced? Goku couldn't just IT over and punch the energy reflecting guy in the face? Come on DBS~

LaNaranja

Annoyed me that somehow Tien didn't get reprimanded like Krillin did

Everyone knew Tien was garbage so they were happy he at least took one person out with him. Krillin on the other hand had the potential to do more but fucked up.

I am really bummed that we didn't get to see Tien use his Goro arms at all in the tournament. Dude could have busted out some double tri-beams with four arms. What a fucking waste. :(

Anth0ny

But there's no GT.

More than 600 if u include GT

You don't deserve that avatar

mgchgRv.gif

Jmille99

Which is still not as bad as most of the stunts Gotenks pulled in the Buu Saga. Because of Gotenks' carelessness, everyone on Kami's Lookout got eating alive by Buu. Goku also cleaned up Gohan's carelessness with Cell by sacrificing his life and giving spiritual guidance to Gohan, while Gotenks. and Goten and Trunks in extension, never redeemed themselves.

To be fair, if Goku had beaten Fat Buu like he claimed he could as SSJ3, none of that would have happened.

To be fair, if Goku had beaten Fat Buu like he claimed he could as SSJ3, none of that would have happened.

SSJ3 was burning up his remaining time iirc, if he was alive at that point he probably could have since he wouldn't have a time limit to deal with but I guess he thought it would be better to use the remaining energy he had to teach the kids how to dance.

HeroR

Tien got nothing at best, less than nothing more realistically.

Nothing new, not even a chance to break out any his better old stuff with going 4 or 6 armed/etc, no surprise solar flare given they just arbitrarily let Krillin steal and adopt it without the slightest, even his eyes did functionally nothing given he read no attack paths at all and just charged in directly the whole time.

Even aside from ALL of that, the fight itself had the mass reflection attack seemingly nailing the entire platform stage yet nobody among the other groups was even slightly inconvenienced? Goku couldn't just IT over and punch the energy reflecting guy in the face? Come on DBS~

It was said right in the episode that no one could sense the sniper and Goku needs to feel ki to teleport.

Yeah, and that was his mistake depended on kids to save the world.

Jmille99

SSJ3 was burning up his remaining time iirc, if he was alive at that point he probably could have since he wouldn't have a time limit to deal with but I guess he thought it would be better to use the remaining energy he had to teach the kids how to dance.

Maybe. We really only have what Goku says to go off of. He had a pretty good grasp on the situation, but we dont know how it would have been if they both went all out.

But his excuse wasnt the energy, but wanting to give the kids a shot. Which seems a tad irresponsible since he only met them like 3 hours prior at the tournament and only saw them fight once.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Man based on the NEP and the episode before last, I am really concerned about Roshi. They are using his vulnerability to good dramatic effect IMHO. I hate Frost now.

Edit: it's also crazy to think we aren't very far away from having super be as long as the original Dragonball.

Slaythe

It was said right in the episode that no one could sense the sniper and Goku needs to feel ki to teleport.

That's not what was said ?
Maybe I missed something because I got pretty bored.

All I remember is them talking about the reflected lasers or the red guy not having energy.

They haven't said anything about the green guy's energy. And since there are a lot of fighters around them it's not like they would have known what was going on anyway so I doubt he was included in their "I can't feel energy" when they were specifically talking about the reflected lasers trap.

Man based on the NEP and the episode before last, I am really concerned about Roshi. They are using his vulnerability to good dramatic effect IMHO. I hate Frost now.

He will pass out and wake up after 90% of the team is taken down. He'll be the comical "wow that dude outlasted everyone !" card.

All I remember is them talking about the reflected lasers or the red guy not having energy.

They haven't said anything about the green guy's energy. And since there are a lot of fighters around them it's not like they would have known what was going on anyway so I doubt he was included in their "I can't feel energy" when they were specifically talking about the reflected lasers trap.

He will pass out and wake up after 90% of the team is taken down. He'll be the comical "wow that dude outlasted everyone !" card.
lol I'm ok with this

HeroR

Piccolo said early in the episode that they couldn't sense their attacker, which is why they were pulling a Solid Snake. Goku and Vegeta only attacked the reflective guy because he was literally in the open, but they couldn't find the actual sniper.

Also, well, given the dude absorbed energy in order to reflect it, on top of Vegeta shooting at him---pretty sure Goku could've just hitched a ride on that to IT on over when it happened. Not even counting the fact that Goku/Vegeta can sprint pretty ridiculously fast outright.

We didn't even get a Serpentine Run moment despite it being the most obvious nod they could've done to the old days alongside the gratuitous limb removal!

The whole thing was just ridiculously written and poorly contrived---we'd have been better off with just the early reckonings of some invisible folk.

Daingurse

Tien looked really fucking weak in this episode. The multi-form technique was pretty cool, but that was about it. I was expecting him to have a much better showing than this. Atleast the suffering is finally over now that Tien is out. I don't need to see any further embarrassment from him. Hopefully he will have some decent commentary on the bleachers . . .

LotusHD

Banned
Tien looked really fucking weak in this episode. The multi-form technique was pretty cool, but that was about it. I just expecting him to have a much better showing than this. Atleast the suffering is finally over now that Tien is out. I don't need to see any further embarrassment from him. Hopefully he will have some decent commentary on the bleachers . . .

He'll still lose to Beerus and Champa in this regard.

Supast4r

Dragonball Z was.

Dragonball and Dragonball Super are avoiding that where they can. You have to be deliberately ignoring what actually happens in the episodes if you still think that is the case, given we just came off Master Roshi a week ago taking out three people who are among the top ten in the universe they came from.

If you don't like it, just go rewatch Z instead.
And this is why I really like super.

GP did a shoddy job with the arena, everyone is breaking that shit like its regular earth rock. Smh, Cell had much better craftsmanship, arena was only ruined when he wanted it ruined.

I still enjoyed this episode mainly because I liked the strategy that the sniper people had going on. At least conceptually, but yeah there was a lot of stupid.

Gohan/Chi chi taught goten and trunks was taught by Vegeta. Don't give me that...
Chichi..u listed chichi!! Gohan gave him basic training. Gohan had harsh environmental training with piccolo and hyperbolic time chamber training with goku. Goten trained with a soft Gohan and from what we saw of vegeta and trunks it wasn't much. In fact the second time we see them training vegeta is telling trunks to leave the gravity chamber because it's too much for a boy

What a shit episode.

Also I really wish Goten and Trunks were in this tournament. They could have started them off fighting scrubs, playing around and using silly Gotenks style techniques. Then U9 gets erased and the kids realise they don't want that to happen to U7 and start fighting properly. You know, some kind of character development for them.

Daingurse

He'll still lose to Beerus and Champa in this regard.

I don't expect him to be anywhere near as colorful as those two, but Tien has a good eye (hah!) for fighting. He'll hopefully be able to point some stuff out. Tien will probably be able to observe the invisible fighters. Too bad he won't be able to actually, you know, help. Tien could have offered so much utility . . .

What a shit episode.

Also I really wish Goten and Trunks were in this tournament. They could have started them off fighting scrubs, playing around and using silly Gotenks style techniques. Then U9 gets erased and the kids realise they don't want that to happen to U7 and start fighting properly. You know, some kind of character development for them.
giphy.gif

So does the Roshi episode mean Roshi could beat Goten and Trunks because of exp
I wouldn't be surprised actually

I think the thought was those instakill beams would instakill and be near impossible to dodge at point blank.
Edit lol that street fight match dragged. Super lttp.

Slaythe

Piccolo said early in the episode that they couldn't sense their attacker, which is why they were pulling a Solid Snake. Goku and Vegeta only attacked the reflective guy because he was literally in the open, but they couldn't find the actual sniper.

That's not exactly true.

1) They saw where the original beam was sent from

2) They saw the red guy turn towards the green guy to talk to him...

3) Vegeta had no doubt he'd find him and kick his ass, but Red guy prevented him from leaving

When Piccolo made the comment, he said "I can't sense any energy", which, as I said, can't possibly include the green guy (whether he does have an energy that can be felt or not) because there are dozens of fighters around, in battle, so Piccolo would have felt them. Piccolo was referring to the red guy and his attack, which is the reflected beam.

Remember he could turn one beam into multiple ones, and since they couldn't feel him directly, he is probably the reason the attacks couldn't be felt.

Since the green guy was far away, his attacks were not directly felt either because they were blurred in the battlefield. That's how I took it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom