• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Z-Fighters put their fate in them to stop Buu and look how they royally fucked that up. Why would the depend of them again when the universe could be erased? If anything, it shows the character have been getting smarter by not using them since they haven't shown any mature growth as fighters and not just looking at power, which includes Gotenks who is Goten and Trunks' reckless and childish behavior times one-hundred.

I haven't seen that fight in awhile, but they were beating Buu and then ran out of time I think. Sure they were playing around a bit, but then the all powerful adult Gohan comes down, plays around with Buu, same thing the kids were doing, and then loses. As kids, they showed a pretty great performance, when Vegeta couldn't take out Buu, Goku couldn't, and Gohan lost because of playing around. Even Vegito didn't actually beat Buu because they were playing around as well. Stop calling the kids out when the adults have demonstrated the same reckless and childish behavior.

Daingurse

So does the Roshi episode mean Roshi could beat Goten and Trunks because of exp

Yes. That episode changed everything, haha. Roshi has seen it all. Those joker's don't have the experience to match him. He'd destroy them with Aiki.

Can't believe I'm saying this shit, haha. Thank you DBS!

This was so stupid.

What was stupid about it? Honest question.

http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

This takes all of the hard work out of making gifs. Even does a great job of saving space by greenscreening.

Thanks, I'll check it out! So far I've been using a combination of Photoshop, Premiere, Avidemux, and I forget maybe some other tools too.

Edit: Oh yeah, to make the one with subtitles I ended up having to just do a straight up screen record using SnagIt. Couldn't find any other way to get them imported into Premiere.

Here's another one I made from last week's episode. Still getting the hang of it. Getting the subtitles to show up was the hardest part.

a84N71O.gif

I'm really impressed by the superior Baby. He was making SSJ Goku his bitch.

Skeeter49

I think the implication is that Roshi did make incredible gains post the Buu arc, and especially after the RoF arc, when he was clearly the weakest link there.

Not that he's always been that strong.

Thanks, I'll check it out! So far I've been using a combination of Photoshop, Premiere, Avidemux, and I forget maybe some other tools too.
Goku's struggling for the sake of dramatic tension, not because he should be struggling. We see how easily he breaks out of it with Blue, he could have done that the whole time to back Roshi, but didn't.

It's an issue Super's had in this tournament.

Isn't that filler
It's still part of Z, so potentially canon to Super.

Unbounded

I'm still a little confused about what Tien was actually seeing that was capitalizing on his VISUAL PROWESS, and I'm also a little confused as to why none of his clones knew how to dodge.

Also confused as to why nobody thought it was ok to back him up. Goku could have easily saved him.

Yeah that's a lot of work and programs. Gifcam will cut all of those out of the mix. Super simple to use to make gifs, and only requires slightly more effort to edit them (and still far less than messing with all those other programs).

Slaythe

I'm still a little confused about what Tien was actually seeing that was capitalizing on his VISUAL PROWESS, and I'm also a little confused as to why none of his clones knew how to dodge.

Also confused as to why nobody thought it was ok to back him up. Goku could have easily saved him.

LHev1tY.gif

will lol if Piccolo gets knocked out by protecting Gohan again.

I won't. The Yamcha call back to the Saiyan saga during the baseball filler was great, but the Piccolo being the meatshield is getting old, especially since he's way too strong for that shit. Hell! Gohan is too strong for that shit!

NeonZ

The sniper moved after each attack and Tenshinhan could keep track of him, while Piccolo and Gohan didn't even notice him once. The whole episode doesn't work well if you look closely at the logic of any of the scenes though. This episode's writer, Yamaguchi Hiroshi, just recently joined the writing team, and I think his previous episode also was rather odd in a similar way (The one where Half of the Pride Troopers were eliminated).

Goku's struggling for the sake of dramatic tension, not because he should be struggling. We see how easily he breaks out of it with Blue, he could have done that the whole time to back Roshi, but didn't.

They established back during the exhibition matches that Goku likes to make things as difficult as possible for himself. He enjoys it.

Remember that saving the universe is a secondary objective for Goku here. His main goal is to have a lot of fun fighting strong guys.

Unbounded

The sniper moved after each attack and Tenshinhan could keep track of him, while Piccolo and Gohan didn't even notice him once. The whole episode doesn't work well if you look closely at the logic of any of the scenes though.

But I mean, why couldn't literally anybody else just watch the sniper while he was moving? Was he teleporting from position to position or something? Even if he was, what about Tien's sight was so special that nobody else could do it? Was he just too far off to track?

NeonZ

But I mean, why couldn't literally anybody else just watch the sniper while he was moving? Was he teleporting from position to position or something? Even if he was, what about Tien's sight was so special that nobody else could do it? Was he just too far off to track?

They couldn't sense the sniper for an unexplained reason, and Tenshinhan was the only one able to track him visually (at least out of Gohan, Piccolo and himself, since Goku and Vegeta were nowhere near there).

Trey

They established back during the exhibition matches that Goku likes to make things as difficult as possible for himself. He enjoys it.

And that's stupid. There can be no real dramatic tension or character growth this way. You are watching your master get the brakes beat off of him the whole time, and did nothing to help because you were "incapacitated." So Roshi has the closest thing to a character affirming moment he has ever had, and Goku cheapens it by disposing of his restraints casually and coming through with the deus ex machina. Every bit of the Dragonball Z fan in me wanted Roshi to die just so this goofy idiot thing Goku has going on results in some consequences. Because for a tournament with the stakes its supposed to have, it seems like anything but.

And that's stupid. There can be no real dramatic tension or character growth this way. You are watching your master get the brakes beat off of him the whole time, and did nothing to help because you were "incapacitated." So Roshi has the closest thing to a character affirming moment he has ever had, and Goku cheapens it by disposing of his restraints casually and coming through with the deus ex machina. Every bit of the Dragonball Z fan in me wanted Roshi to die just so this goofy idiot thing Goku has going on results in some consequences. Because for a tournament with the stakes its supposed to have, it seems like anything but.

Roshi asked Goku not to help, and Goku respected his master's request.

Edit: I'm a bit out of the loop - does Neogaf support embedded webm animations? Some of the stuff I've been making is too big to use as a gif.

Anth0ny

It means Roshi could have beaten Frieza on Namek since Frieza never really fought and roshi has been fighting longer.

Why stop there? He probably could have beat Cell too.

Old man was just "holding back".

He still won't be able to hold a candle to Goten and Trunks after their poacher training, though.

Astral Dog

The biggest problem is the total lack of real stakes. 0% chance that everyone is staying "erased," there's no real villain, and the promised "Goku fighting another universe's Goku" thing was already done with Hit.

Unless there's some big twist with the angels, Zen-Oh getting assassinated, or something similar, this is basically a filler arc.
The biggest arc with the new op animation, returning characters, world building, character development and largest amount of battles in all Dragon Ball Super so far is a filler arc, i love it 😆

Anth0ny

Calling it a filler arc is a bit much. I see the current arc as a Tenkaichi Budokai arc on a much larger scale. The fun is seeing the characters interact with each other.

While I prefer the more traditional DBZ style arc (which we just got with the Future Trunks arc), I think this arc will end up setting a lot of things in motion. We know the other universes won't stay deleted because Goku and friends will probably travel to them over the course of Super to have fun adventures and shit.

Calling it a filler arc is a bit much. I see the current arc as a Tenkaichi Budokai arc on a much larger scale. The fun is seeing the characters interact with each other.

While I prefer the more traditional DBZ style arc (which we just got with the Future Trunks arc), I think this arc will end up setting a lot of things in motion. We know the other universes won't stay deleted because Goku and friends will probably travel to them over the course of Super to have fun adventures and shit.
Would you say they're going to have a grand tour..

Slaythe

I mean, couldn't we have gotten something like an evil organisation of 10 fuckers, and have every fighter have a 1 v 1 or 2v2 fights ? Maybe have a few turn arounds and losses here and there and have others take over.

Sure they'd conveniently face the one member that's on their level but that's happening in this tournament anyway, out of 80 people, so that wouldn't be worse.

I hope this is where this is headed.

I can never go back to the 100% Goku Vegeta show after this. The cast is strong, they have to use it.

It's refreshing to see them do anything at all instead of those bad glorified cameos they had for over a decade.

its time to place your bets folks, which elimination theory will hold true? Opening "star" hints or the ending hints, or neither cause you're a punk.

With Roshi already on his last legs and using mafuba again and the episode being called revenge F, its Roshi and Geets in the crosshairs, its down to the wire now

Skeeter49

My biggest hope for the end of this arc still is that everyone from U7 gets trapped on a foreign universe, and Goku has to search for all of them.

Say some of them stay in that universe for 5 years.

Tien in U4, he could learn better thief skills, Frieza in U9 and he could become the God of Destruction, 18 in U2 could learn new moves, have her limiters removed, maybe get a transformation, Gohan in U11 fighting crime, 17 in U3 getting more buffs, Vegeta in U6.

Do it for every participant, so U7 has it's own team of people from different universes protecting earth and stuff.

Wait. What if 17 becomes the U3 God of Destruction?

goku_saves_gohan_by_evil_black_sparx_77-d5dog73.gif

latest

dragon-ball-super-goku-and-vegeta.jpg

latest

The notion that Goku doesn't love his sons or doesn't protect them need to stop. The only time he didn't interfere was when Cell was bear hugging him and it's because he knew he can defeat him.

What I see is the look of disappointment in Goku's eyes. "How dare you embarrass me by losing to that guy?"

LotusHD

Banned
The notion that Goku doesn't love his sons or doesn't protect them need to stop. The only time he didn't interfere was when Cell was bear hugging him and it's because he knew he can defeat him.

Why would I ever stop such a hilarious joke/meme/narrative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom