• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku is going to end up realizing that the
spirit bomb feels very similar to the kind of god of destruction energy that frieza hit him with. This will give him the idea to surround himself with the energy, and he will absorb it into himself.

Must be alone, there are no dragonball openings I like. Current one is fine.
Same with OP, except that Don Flamingo arc opener.
Just floaty j popish rock, no not my jam.
Give me something like WA Punch! Or Bloody Stream.

HeroR

are the DBZ movies worth watching? thinking about getting em.

My opinion:

Movies 1-3: Good watch, especially 1 and 2.

Movie 4: Forgettable.

Movie 5: Very Good

Movie 6: Not very good, but I still enjoy watching it. However, most of the fanbase don't like it.

Movie 7: Forgettable outside of Goku getting nut shot and the usage of the Spirit Bomb.

Movie 8: A Broly movie, but it is actually okay. Recommend watching at least once.

Movie 9: Another good one that focuses on Gohan.

Movie 10: Not very good and only worth a watch to see the Family Kamehameha.

Movie 11: Just no. Almost nothing redeemable about this movie, except for Android 18.

Movie 12: A fan-favorite, but I personally found it boring. But watch once to make up your own mind.

Movie 13: Very good and one of the best.

Battle of Gods: Definitely worth a watch. Good story, humor, and it helped revived Dragon Ball.

Resurrection 'F': A movie that you either love or hate since the fandom have such mix feelings about it. The plot isn't very strong, but it has one of the best fight sequences in the franchise.

Mark1

Do people believe
Vegeta is the next out based on the ED? That synopsis for next week makes me think he will be saved at the last minute...

I do think several members of U7 are getting sent out at the same time. To emphasise the power of certain characters like Jiren or whoever. I still believe it'll end with Goku and Gohan as the final 2.

Still want Vegeta vs Hit

HeroR

Resurrection of Frieza was pretty bad imo, didn't find the fight sequences great, and the CGI was not good at all

What makes the fight sequence great to watch was that it used real marital arts. When I watched it, me and my brother would able to pick out and named marital techniques that we worked on in class along with different joint locks.

Most of the martial arts in Dragon Ball tend to be fluff, so it was a treat to watch martial art masters, fight like actual marital arts masters.

Do people believe
Vegeta is the next out based on the ED? That synopsis for next week makes me think he will be saved at the last minute...

I do think several members of U7 are getting sent out at the same time. To emphasise the power of certain characters like Jiren or whoever. I still believe it'll end with Goku and Gohan as the final 2.

Still want Vegeta vs Hit
the only thing I'm getting from the ED is that Gohan and Goku will be the two U7 remaining fighters. You may be right about Vegeta still in the tournament after next episode, but it's weird that he is not fighting Frost right after it, and it doesn't seem like something that will happen based on the previews.
I really want Vegeta vs Hit too

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This is the October special thing with One Piece, yeah? Looks interesting. Is it in essence a retelling of the Japanese history using popular anime?
Nope this is something separate airing right now in Japan. The October special is just episodes 109 and 110 together.

But yes, they're using anime to retell Japanese history here.

RocknRola

Nope this is something separate airing right now in Japan. The October special is just episodes 109 and 110 together.

But yes, they're using anime to retell Japanese history here.

Oh, roger that. Cool, I assumed it was the October thing for some reason lol

Might give it a watch then, might be a nice way to get some general clues on Japan's history.

Baleoce

Not really thought about this before but.. Generally in any kind of martial arts tournament in dragon ball, the quality and ante / stakes seems to get upped each time. Where do tournaments go from here in the dB universe? Seems like they've blown their wad. King of all who is purging entire universes and gods in a last fighter standing royal rumble. Trying to think of a way they can actually up it from this.

caliph95

Not really thought about this before but.. Generally in any kind of martial arts tournament in dragon ball, the quality and ante / stakes seems to get upped each time. Where do tournaments go from here in the dB universe? Seems like they've blown their wad. King of all who is purging entire universes and gods in a last fighter standing royal rumble. Trying to think of a way they can actually up it from this.
Probably GoD and Angels soon plus there is still the 4 universes who would hopefully be more impressive

There is still the deleted universes before the TOP they ever become more than a way to show how powerful and childish Zeno

And considering Super I'm still not convinced he would be able to beat Jiren

Re upcoming episodes

Mafuba only works on evil doers does it not?
What if Frost redirects it to Vegeta and he gets sealed, then just pops out again anyway because he's so good now, finally completing his turning into a good guy arc.

NeonZ

Redirected Mafuba has been shown to work on good people before (Kamisama).

I still think it'll be pretty weird if Vegeta escapes and then Frost himself manages to run away. It's different from the Kuririn episode since this wouldn't be a cliffhanger or beginning of an episode, but more likely around the middle of the episode.

I guess Mageta could take over as the main opponent, but that seems rather odd, and then there are the preview scenes with Frost beating up Roshi, which seems like it'd be after this Mafuba.

RocknRola

Redirected Mafuba has been shown to work on good people before (Kamisama).

I still think it'll be pretty weird if Vegeta escapes and then Frost himself manages to run away. It's different from the Kuririn episode since this wouldn't be a cliffhanger or beginning of an episode, but more likely around the middle of the episode.

I guess Mageta could take over as the main opponent, but that seems rather odd, and then there are the preview scenes with Frost beating up Roshi, which seems like it'd be after this Mafuba.

Don't worry,
Jackie Chun
will save the day!

Mark1

I don't think
Vegeta
is out next week. But I think closer to the 1 hour special we will see some situations where stronger characters are out making the stakes even higher.

How long is this tournament panning out for? the rest of the year?

Baleoce

Probably GoD and Angels soon plus there is still the 4 universes who would hopefully be more impressive

There is still the deleted universes before the TOP they ever become more than a way to show how powerful and childish Zeno

And considering Super I'm still not convinced he would be able to beat Jiren

That's true. There is the other universes. But I guess what I'm getting at is, could it ever go back to a normal tenkaichi budoukai and have any sense of excitement / threat after this?

The first 2 Dragonball movies are great. I think of them as where the series would go if Raditz never arrived. They still retain lots of OG Dragonball elements, especially movie 1.

squall23

Goku is going to end up realizing that the
spirit bomb feels very similar to the kind of god of destruction energy that frieza hit him with. This will give him the idea to surround himself with the energy, and he will absorb it into himself.
Thus turning into Dragonfist Explosion from the Budokai games?

Tsunamo

Kinda hard to believe we've been in this arc since early February hehe :p
Even that feels short to me. Super passes by so fast and I never realize. Crazy to think it's been two years and we've gotten the movies recapped and three arcs not counting inbetween episodes and copy Vegeta

Fj0823

I thought a writer confirmed he worked on a cool Vegeta/Cabba episode?

Spoilers can't be true if that is still happening

Skeeter49

Spoilers can't be true if that is still happening
it could either be while they're in the stands, there's more to this arc than the tournament and that's when it happens, or this was written for post arc.

NeonZ

I couldn't find anything about that. Toshio did recently post about having just finished writing a cool Vegeta episode, but if he only finished the script recently, it means it's something we won't see for a few months.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Re upcoming episodes

Mafuba only works on evil doers does it not?
What if Frost redirects it to Vegeta and he gets sealed, then just pops out again anyway because he's so good now, finally completing his turning into a good guy arc.
Well, if it worked on Kami....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom