• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading up to the current chapter and finding out what the last of the finger chains power is, I might agree on that. Kurapika is OP.

it does come with a hefty price though so i guess its ok

Nah cousin....I'm one of those ”DB starts with Z" type of fans....never got around to watching the prior stuff.

The last time Piccolo was above Goku's level was just after he fused with Kami. Then Goku and Gohan went into the time chamber and Piccolo never caught up.

Of course we had a time traveling bug man that absorbed artificially enhanced human beings and we met an android modeled after the dead son of his creator.

You know... Simpler times.

y'all need some OG Dragonball in your life damn

To be fair, a lot of people picked "wrong" until this arc lmao

not me i always pick goku lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
All of this talk about Gohan avatars reminds me how bizarre it actually is to be in a time where Gohan is relevant again.

DB making Toei and Bandai Namco that top money now. Makes a lot of sense to feature a popular character again.

I don't see this stuff about Buu being too OP for the tournament, what real difference would he make in the end when regardless of him being there, Jiren is the only thing stopping this tournament from most likely ending up as U7 domination, and Buu certainly isn't fucking with Jiren. Or Hit. The strong fighters Buu could take (Kale, Toppo, Dipshit) could just as well be taken out by Frieza.

Ashodin

VJOqwrm.png

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED IT

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really want to know more about Dr. Gero and his family. If his son really did look like that he had a pretty interesting family haha

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Farmable SA? holy shit

Also his passive is ominous

"Passive: Focusing on the wall that should be overcome"

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Yeah I noticed that... :0
Story mission seems to be focused on the recruitment stuff, so... episode 90 :D

Syntsui

Damn that last manga chapter was great. Belmond is a pimp and Beerus did great against those punks mobbing at him. I wish we had that in the Anime instead of what we got.

Laiza

Plague did another rant video: https://youtu.be/uPwVuC3YOrc

tl;dw: Power levels are a crutch Toriyama leaned on heavily to escalate the stakes and show character growth over literally anything with more nuance and complexity, and Super is a better show for trying to move itself away from that quagmire (even if it does so in a clumsy and ham-handed fashion).

Also feats would be hilariously stupid if they actually scaled with power levels past the Freeza saga, but we all knew that already. (I LOVED his example with the camera zooming out of a galactic supercluster to show the scale of things because that's how freakin' ridiculous things would be if they didn't go all "ki control" on us.)

Daingurse

tl;dw: Power levels are a crutch Toriyama leaned on heavily to escalate the stakes and show character growth over literally anything with more nuance and complexity, and Super is a better show for trying to move itself away from that quagmire (even if it does so in a clumsy and ham-handed fashion).

Also feats would be hilariously stupid if they actually scaled with power levels past the Freeza saga, but we all knew that already. (I LOVED his example with the camera zooming out of a galactic supercluster to show the scale of things because that's how freakin' ridiculous things would be if they didn't go all "ki control" on us.)

Sounds fine to me. I love absurd feats. It's what made the Toriko manga so incredibly entertaining. Dragon Ball's power-scaling is boring by comparison.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sounds fine to me. I love absurd feats. It's what made the Toriko manga so incredibly entertaining. Dragon Ball's power-scaling is boring by comparison.

Dragon Ball scaled way too fast when it hit Z. It went from kooky kung fu stuff to Vegeta threatening to nuke the entire planet into dust in like no time flat. I mean, where are you supposed to go from there?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

I like this

Daingurse

Dragon Ball scaled way too fast when it hit Z. It went from kooky kung fu stuff to Vegeta threatening to nuke the entire planet into dust in like no time flat. I mean, where are you supposed to go from there?

You gotta get creative once planet-busting is a thing. Like, I think Dragon Ball has always been lacking in physical strength feats for example. That's another avenue to portray crazy feats and abilities. It would be cool to see a Dragon Ball character carving up a planet like EoS Toriko. DBZ really got stuck on energy waves at the expense of everything else.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You gotta get creative once planet-busting is a thing. I think Dragon Ball has always been lacking in physical strength feats for example. That's another avenue to portray crazy feats and abimities. It would be been cool to see a Dragon Ball character carving up a planet like EoS Toriko. DBZ really got stuck on energy waves at the expense of everything else.

I mean, we had the mini-Cells exploding when Gohan hit them after going ssj2. That was crazy hype, but even then. I think the series just hit the planet buster level way too fast, especially if they weren't going to give everyone special moves.

I know, right?! When Gotenks got clowned, at least it was by Beerus.

Maybe next arc Tenshinhan'll do something cool... yeah...

He got clowned in his recruitment episode. Clowned again by Gohan in their 2v2. Triple clowned in the tournament. He'll never do anything cool.

Zubz

Banned
He got clowned in his recruitment episode. Clowned again by Gohan in their 2v2. Triple clowned in the tournament. He'll never do anything cool.

If Gohan fans get to see him get serious after years of activity, then Tenshinhan fans should too!

Just wait until Resurrection TPP! Then you'll see Tenshinhan at the top of his game again! You'll all be served! ... because volleyball, you see.

Moosichu

I'm currently re-reading Dragon Ball, it's really great, but I do really hate how women are treated in it.

The fact the Roshi is a perv is an OK if tired gag, but the fact that no one properly calls him out on it (except his victims and the turtle) is disgusting.

I especially dislike the parts where he rushes to undress unconscious women. :/

Apart from that the books are awesome, just finished the first tournament arc and getting the nostalgic feels. Hoping we get more callbacks in future DBS episodes!

Daingurse

I mean, we had the mini-Cells exploding when Gohan hit them after going ssj2. That was crazy hype, but even then. I think the series just hit the planet buster level way too fast, especially if they weren't going to give everyone special moves.

The series may well have hit planet-buster level too early, but I just can't picture the Saiyan Saga without that level of escalation. That shit was hype. Hell, that beam struggle is like my 2nd favorite anime scene of all time lol.

Tsunamo

So where is that (possible major android spoilers in super) probably from heroes but just in-case
Android 17 and 18 in their tounament of power duds doing the fusion dance image coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom