• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

My view on power levels is that KaioKen is linear while the transformations (including fusion) are exponential. So Goku's not boosting his power *that* much by Kaioken compared to any transformation he can come up with.

So Super Saiyan 2 obviously isn't 2x Super Saiyan 1. It's also not Super Saiyan 1 squared, but it's exponent based. So Ascended Saiyan, Android 17 and 18, and both forms of pre-perfect Cell are somewhere on that line. Multiple times stronger than SSJ1, but multiple times weaker than SSJ2.

I'm really not a fan of the "base form" power changes, though. In my headcanon base Goku is still roughly stronger than Assault Form Frieza but weaker than Final Frieza. That's the only way any of this makes sense.

I also ignore the "you absorbed some of the power of SSJGod" line.
Too bad base us stronger than final four months Frieza

People may not like it but it would have been better if they got rid of the golden super Saiyan and just kept the God forms to simplify it

You mean the multiplier is real. The one during the Freeza saga is the only one that exists (for SS that is - KK is obviously another matter). Everything after that point has no official numbers and frankly - I prefer it that way.

Everything just falls apart once you start getting into the base form madness that exists in Super. Especially stuff like Copy Vegeta vs SS3 Gotenks and base form Goku vs Beerus in a suit. If multipliers are still canon at this point (and I'm fully convinced that Toriyama puts far less thought into this stuff than the fan base does), well, shit gets pretty stupid really damn fast.

I still don't know how to make sense of Hit vs SSBKKx10 Goku.

Like it or not, the SSJ2 and SSJ3 multipliers are official.

J4g3r

nm4Fcj2.gif

1 more week.

I have dreams semi regularly where I'm on the tournament stage and I'm just seeing how things unfold. Last night I had one where Goku was powering up his spirit bomb while Vegeta was keeping Jiren busy. Goku told everyone to share their energy with him and the Zenos said "okie" and contributed their power while Goku was just like ._. The ball of energy was super high above the stage and Goku asked if they could bring it down a bit, and they do. Everyone looked around flabbergasted because he was basically cheating with Zeno's help. Goku seemed to feel bad but he threw it anyway and it immediately made Jiren disappear, but also this ball of matter started to grow and everyone began to fly away from it, and somehow the world of void turns into this night time planet environment as we all retreat in panic, and well things got a lot weirder from there but I'll stop there since it stops being DB related at that point lol.

I had one before where Kale vs Jiren was final fight.

Laiza

Like it or not, the SSJ2 and SSJ3 multipliers are official.
Ok, enough of that.

Like, the entire point of the video I posted was that the whole thing surrounding this is stupid. Whether it's official or not is completely immaterial. The whole discussion about multipliers and how to make things work in-universe when it is abundantly clear that the writers themselves are completely ignoring the mechanics is just one great big ol' waste of time.

They can put those multipliers in "official" (big ol' quotation marks here) reference materials all they want to, but when the actual show largely ignores them and, moreover, ceases to make sense as a whole if you assume they're active (again, see: copy Vegeta vs SS3 Gotenks, "absorbed the power of a god" Goku, etc.), it's all meaningless bullhockey. Crap they've thrown at the fans for the sake of NUMBERS... because that's the most exciting part of hand-to-hand, one-on-one combat, right?

The only thing "real" about them is them being printed in supplemental material. That's not real real, that's shit they've made up, probably by people other than Toriyama, for that matter. The only thing that matters is what impact these things have on the story and the way things play out, and unfortunately power levels as a whole only stymie that discussion in negative fashion. We really need to squash that aspect of the series and I'm glad Toei at least somewhat recognizes how bad that is (but not enough, because Goku vs Jiren is likely still going to come down to a battle of NUMBERS).

CryptiK

Goku isn't getting his power from the spirit bomb and it isn't going to overload or anything. We saw in the previews that Goku launches it successfully and its heading towards Jiren.

Skeeter49

I have dreams semi regularly where I'm on the tournament stage and I'm just seeing how things unfold. Last night I had one where Goku was powering up his spirit bomb while Vegeta was keeping Jiren busy. Goku told everyone to share their energy with him and the Zenos said "okie" and contributed their power while Goku was just like ._. The ball of energy was super high above the stage and Goku asked if they could bring it down a bit, and they do. Everyone looked around flabbergasted because he was basically cheating with Zeno's help. Goku seemed to feel bad but he threw it anyway and it immediately made Jiren disappear, but also this ball of matter started to grow and everyone began to fly away from it, and somehow the world of void turns into this night time planet environment as we all retreat in panic, and well things got a lot weirder from there but I'll stop there since it stops being DB related at that point lol.

I had one before where Kale vs Jiren was final fight.
Cntl F Icarus. Dissapointed.

Weakened Jiren vs. Kale would be neat.

People weren't kidding when they told me Funkos weren't liked by many. Sheez.

I think they are good enough. I probably won't get them because I collect the WCF ones.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
People weren't kidding when they told me Funkos weren't liked by many. Sheez.

I think they are good enough. I probably won't get them because I collect the WCF ones.

I think some funkos look decent when the soulless faces are not a part of it or the character had a similar face style already. It's mostly because I've been spoiled by nendoroids which I understand can be out of peoples reach or desire at times since they tend to be expensive for something so small where funkos tend to be a fairly cheap fun little thing

Edit: The Whis funko is actually pretty good

Fj0823

Funkos are cheap mediocre chibi versions of Popular Characters.

They make the perfect "nerdy" gift for little cost

I love em

Skeeter49

I mean to be blunt I'm pretty sure someone fucking your wallet would be a better value than some shitty Funkos just out of the sheer wtf factor.

The dream would for Goku to actually get knocked out as a twist
If Goku gets knocked out, this'll be the most hyped I've been for any conclusion of an arc.

Talking just about Super.

Rutger

Banned
Frieza could get it.

It would go from best thing the arc has done if Goku gets knocked out to the worst thing it has done if that happens.

Frieza is an awful person and should not be rewarded. I want to see him mess up to the point where Beerus needs to erase him, preferably in the most humiliating way possible for Frieza.

Get rid of Frieza and start creating new villains again. I love how the series never felt like it needed to reuse villains before super, it just moved onto something different.

Zubz

Banned
It would go from best thing the arc has done if Goku gets knocked out to the worst thing it has done if that happens.

Frieza is an awful person and should not be rewarded. I want to see him mess up to the point where Beerus needs to erase him, preferably in the most humiliating way possible for Frieza.

Get rid of Frieza and start creating new villains again. I love how the series never felt like it needed to reuse villains before super, it just moved onto something different.

I agree with the "New villains would be cool" argument, but I think Frieza winning could be cool if it leads to something bigger. It may seem like "a reward" at first, but he gets a complete commupance during the following arc for his behavior throughout this one.

Slaythe

We need 17 to win.

Imagine : he's just gonna wish for his boat.

The most anticlimactic wish ever with stakes like this. It needs to happen.

I don't believe the writers ignore the multipliers at all. They just know that they can't limit themselves by overthinking on the numbers.

They still very much adhere to the principle of power levels, as well as the multipliers. They just choose to handle it a certain way, more like in the sense of "this character is in the ballpark of a Super Saiyan. They could be stronger, they could be weaker if the fight goes on for longer, but they at the very least can fight at this level."

And from that point on any key information we need to know, they will let us know. In the case of characters like Goku using Super Saiyan Blue against people like Krillen, we know more than enough to understand that Krillen is simply not in that league. With other characters, like say, Android 17, they intentionally want us to wonder, same goes for Gohan and how close he may be to Super Saiyan Blue class.

At the very least we know he's pretty close, even if not quite there yet, and there may be plenty room for him to grow further. Ribrianne, for example, was immediately established as clearly being able to handle a Super Saiyan class or Android 17 class opponent. But they did more than enough to let us know that Gohan is in the range of a Super Saiyan Blue level opponent, or will be there very soon, with the ultimate goal to surpass that and then some.

Oh no it just crossed my mind that I will be away from home the friday before the special, and without good internet for the week following.

I hope my phone signal will be good enough, damnit.

Super is still missing the obligatory kageyama song. They need to get on fixing that. Goku getting knocked out and gohan or vegitable bringing the win home would be awesome.

Baleoce

I wonder what the Zen'oh rulebook would make of Namekians from U6/7 merging mid royale? How would you determine who is the last one standing? xD

Skeeter49

I wonder what the Zen'oh rulebook would make of Namekians from U6/7 merging mid royale? How would you determine who is the last one standing? xD
Piccolo : "I am neither Piccolo nor the U6 Namekians."
Zeno : "Then I guess we'll erase both universes."

Piccolo : "Hold on, I was trying to be cool, I didn't. .."
Zeno: "squish. "

HeroR

I find it funny that some here wants Goku to lose to bring ‘tension’. When this is Dragon Ball and EOZ hasn’t happened yet.

Not to mention, since Goku lost the majority of major fights in Super, I’m not sure why fans think Goku losing is a novelty or even bold.

Alec

What episode did that say that the Super Dragon Balls would be the reward for winning? I know Goku told Frieza that but when did Goku find out?

Rutger

Banned
I would love that. Perfect opportunity to see a different version of our favorite characters or hell even make some past villains come back as heroes.

I'm all for it.

It needs to be Gokupoint, I'm not sure if universal destruction is enough to have him learn a lesson at this point.

Baleoce

Piccolo : "I am neither Piccolo nor the U6 Namekians."
Zeno : "Then I guess we'll erase both universes."

Piccolo : "Hold on, I was trying to be cool, I didn't. .."
Zeno: "squish. "

That's exactly what Zeno would do haha. You trying to game the system? You fudged up.

Rutger

Banned
And what lesson is that?

That he needs to stop carelessly putting everyone he cares about at risk because he wants a good fight.

It's been happening since Piccolo, and I'm not sure if he will learn in this arc after they added that halfassed bit about him actually saving a universe in order to shift blame away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom