• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope one day is we see Pan grow up, and Goten and Trunks stay the same.

Treat them like Ash, he's popular and doesn't age in Pokemon.

Plus Goten can't ride Icarus if he gets taller.
How old is pan anyway at eoz 4? She’ll be the new gohan if that gen. I really don’t think they’ll ever use em like that. Ideal situation would be like boruto(ugh I don’t wanna give them credit here) but I don’t see it

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I enjoy Krillin and it's a shame how early he was eliminated. He's definitely in my top five.
I like Krillin too but it'd be nice to get some insight from Beerus about Jiren and his power level etc. Krillin's commentary/reactions in the last few episodes haven't been that interesting tbh. I'm just worried Beerus will get less screentime.

NeonZ

I feel like if it were down to the Super anime team Tenshinhan wouldn't have been in the tournament at all, but Toriyama's outline basically forced their hand. So, they included him in spite of having no will to use him.

He was already mute in the last episode in spite of all the audience bench scenes. Kuririn is the opposite, where it's obvious the staff wanted to do more with him.

Slaythe

It's very obvious than when all is said and done, Zenos are gonna be like "that was fun, let's have another one in the future".

Which will happen in several years just as a sort of "part II" when they run out of ideas.

I feel like if it were down to the Super anime team Tenshinhan wouldn't have been in the tournament at all, but Toriyama's outline basically forced their hand. So, they included him in spite of having no will to use him.

He was already mute in the last episode in spite of all the audience bench scenes. Kuririn is the opposite, where it's obvious the staff wanted to do more with him.

I mean, they basically just used the FnF cast and added android 17 and 18 to that.

I don't see who else would have replaced Tien, maybe Jaco.

NeonZ

I mean, they basically just used the FnF cast and added android 17 and 18 to that.

I don't see who else would have replaced Tien, maybe Jaco.

There's also Buu. Buu wasn't even part of the official team and yet ended up with longer fighting screentime in this arc than Tenshinhan.

Slaythe

There's also Buu. Buu wasn't even part of the official team and yet ended up with longer fighting screentime in this arc than Tenshinhan.

I mean, that was probably the anime team making it up to Buu for U6, because it's pretty sure Toriyama told them right away what the final team was.

Looking forward to the top 5.

rl189de.jpg

Easily the four strongest, so I could see them being the final four.

I would love to see 17 become one of the main cast of fighters though, despite him completely not caring.

HeroR

I mean, this tournaments placement in the timeline is an issue.

This would have been an amazing idea for post EoZ.

Dragon Ball doesn't really have stakes to begin with. The only arc that has any long-term consequences with death and the good guy losing is the Future Trunks Saga.

HeroR

It took 7 episodes after his elimination for Tenshinhan to go out. Such a poor decision.

Would have been great. Krillin had some of the best episodes post Trunks arc and I had hoped to see him do more in the tournament.

Krillin was always the butt monkey, especially when Yamcha isn't around. The two-part episodes before the tournament and he recruitment got some fans' hope up that he would last longer than he should.

Krillin nor any human was going to make the 'top five'. Even in Krillin's recruitment they made it a point to say while being clever is important, there is a barrier to it. At a point, you can't defeat a truly powerful opponent with just tricks.

Rutger

Banned
They wanted a fake out to have their "surprise element".

It was either gonna be Gohan 17 or Krilin.

Let's not pretend like they didn't pick right. =(

Frieza would have been the best.
All that hype and then he's out right away, and he wouldn't even care since if U7 loses at least he will be happy knowing Goku will be dead.

Slaythe

Frieza would have been the best.
All that hype and then he's out right away, and he wouldn't even care since if U7 loses at least he will be happy knowing Goku will be dead.

Oh I agree with you, but they needed Frieza to have a moral ambiguity and a sense of "danger" because we know he's gonna backstab U7 at some point.

Plus he's way too popular.

So that left only one of the characters that had the most development, which are Gohan 17 and Krilin. Buu got some early love and we saw how it turned out. They like doing that.

So yeah it's sad for Krilin, but he was the most fitting to bite the bullet : nobody saw it coming so the surprise element worked, and it allowed Gohan and 17 to go forward.

HeroR

Oh I agree with you, but they needed Frieza to have a moral ambiguity and a sense of "danger" because we know he's gonna backstab U7 at some point.

Plus he's way too popular.

So that left only one of the characters that had the most development, which are Gohan 17 and Krilin. Buu got some early love and we saw how it turned out. They like doing that.

So yeah it's sad for Krilin, but he was the most fitting to bite the bullet : nobody saw it coming so the surprise element worked, and it allowed Gohan and 17 to go forward.

I highly doubt Krillin going out saved Gohan and 17. Especially when Krillin, who has been out of the tournament for some time, has gotten more scenes than 17 who has disappeared since Episode 103 and from the looks of things, he may get no scene time for Episodes 109-113.

Slaythe

Super Saiyan Gohan...

f3c.gif

They seem to have problem getting the hair colors right, they gave black hair to android 18 on this !

#FighterZ

I highly doubt Krillin going out saved Gohan and 17. Especially when Krillin, who has been out of the tournament for some time, has gotten more scenes than 17 who has disappeared since Episode 103 and from the looks of things, he may get no scene time for Episodes 109-113.

Those are two completely unrelated things, I'm not sure how to reply to that.

Krilin is getting a lot of scenes because it's cheap to "animate" the bench people. That's simple.

Zaverious

Krillin tells Gohan not to get distracted. Gets distracted and knocked off. Create a new solar flare with more special properties. Almost beat by an enemy designed to counter it making it useless. It was the start of my disappointment in this arc. Still liking it but not as much as before.

AdanVC

My life sucks at the moment so I will act like the real adult I am by avoiding all my problems and responsabilities and watch a super marathon since the announcement of the Universal tournament until last weeks episode during this weekend and hoping that once I finished, everything magically would be all right :D. #InZenoSamaITrust

HeroR

Those are two completely unrelated things, I'm not sure how to reply to that.

Krilin is getting a lot of scenes because it's cheap to "animate" the bench people. That's simple.

So, you're trying to say that just showing 17 standing still and commenting cost more than showing Krillin? They could of have him make smart remarks like Frieza.

My point, there is really no evidence that Krillin going out first 'saved' 17.

Yeah, I know Goku is still popular. That's why I said he'll stick around for sure.

I don't think it's particularly good handling of a generational story like Dragon Ball, but *sigh* it makes sense from a *double sigh* marketing perspective. Do what keeps the fans happy... I suppose.

I do think the writing would have more artistic merit (here come the snarky comments scoffing at the notion of any merit in DB's writing) if it did pass on the torch to others. Yes, I think writing does matter, even in Dragon Ball. But I'm not too upset. Uub is coming, other characters are shining more than they have since early Z, and Goku himself has lost or been shown up quite a bit, so the way things have been handled is actually pretty good.

I do think what I said about his flaws is true. Even if it's had no impact on his popularity in places like Japan.

Goku passed the torch a total of three times. Twice to Gohan, once to Goten and Trunks. It could happen again, but it wouldn't stick.

Goku realized he doesn't need to pass the torch when he found out death means nothing to him and that he can freely teleport anywhere between the mortal realm and the afterlife.

As much as I dislike Saiyaman, save for that hilarious filler two-parter, can we get Gohan back in this outfit? I mean, he has it on him at all times.

It was like the one time he wasn't ripping off someone else. Not that it was an issue when he had Piccolo's clothes, but him in the Goku ki just makes him feel like he isn't his own character.

0608e0f4ffa4cf6222b8f8d05419c453.gif

latest

At the very least bring this back.

938a7d61ed453ec5031f96f3aae0891b14c59db0_hq.jpg

HardRojo

LatAm kept the dick joke

But instead of "That's actually my penis"
They went with "That's not my hand you're holding :3"

Castañeda is in Peru, or at least he was here yesterday for an event in a mall that's close to my house. I couldn't go, but... I'm gonna wait for the Black arc to start before casting any judgement on his Goku Black voice, but I'm just little bit worried.

HeroR

Goku realized he doesn't need to pass the torch when he found out death means nothing to him and that he can freely teleport anywhere between the mortal realm and the afterlife.

When Goku was dead he couldn't return to the world of the living without Old Kai given him his life. So there is a limit of what a dead person can do.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
As much as I dislike Saiyaman, save for that hilarious filler two-parter, can we get Gohan back in this outfit? I mean, he has it on him at all times.

It was like the one time he wasn't ripping off someone else. Not that it was an issue when he had Piccolo's clothes, but him in the Goku ki just makes him feel like he isn't his own character.

0608e0f4ffa4cf6222b8f8d05419c453.gif

latest

At the very least bring this back.

938a7d61ed453ec5031f96f3aae0891b14c59db0_hq.jpg
Nothing wrong with Gohan wearing the turtle gi since he learned the bulk of his skills from his dad. This gets repeated a lot but Goku should have kept his new one from Resurrection F instead.

Nothing wrong with Gohan wearing the turtle gi since he learned the bulk of his skills from his dad. This gets repeated a lot but Goku should have kept his new one from Resurrection F instead.

Feels redundant. I mean, it made sense for his fight with Super Buu, but when I see art of all the characters together, he sort of ruins it. Everyone has their own thing and then it's like "oh right ... Goku's kind of mediocre son". I mean, Krillin did his own thing by taking off the weighted clothes. Also, Gohan never trained with Master Roshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom