• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was really close to my house lol, like a kilometer away probably, but I don't like the whole "otaku" thing and shit, which was one of the reasons I didn't want to go in the first place.
Edit: Need to hear more of Goku Black, but it seems he's doing a great job and not going for the completely rough and Nolanesque's Batman.

I like him correcting the interviewer here, she said "Black Goku" and he replied "Goku Black". HYPE!

Is it me or Castañeda is wearing a Time Ring? He is, isn't he? DAMN!

I14wONc.png

Holy fucking shit.

Well,
Goku using the spirit bomb in a new way does kinda build upon him taking Kaio-ken to the next level, even if it's mostly by accident this time.

Ashodin

Lol
I guess someone really likes movie 7.

Check my new spoiler.
We see in a preview Belmod talking to Jiren in a previous setting; likely this is where he gives Jiren some Energy of Destruction (not unlike another Sidra giving out his energy) to ensure that U11 prevails in the conflict.

Ashodin

Going back through the previous episodes for more clues and stuff,

The Supreme Kai of 11 specifically states that he knows U11 will win the tournament, and seems to be willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that happens

Goku
was thrown a ball of Energy of Destruction by Freeza, so he's already had a taste of how to deal with it

Ashodin

Hm but if the latter part is true wouldn't that mean it's a permanent power up or something he could use again without the
spirit bomb? Also isn't that kind of cheating if true?

Using
God of Destruction energy isn't cheating, since it's likely that Jiren would have the ability to use it (remember Toppo was said to be a GoD candidate). Even if Jiren couldn't use it because he's not a GoD it's likely Belmod thought that it wouldn't trace back to him if Jiren used it responsibly. Hiding the energy on Goku's Spirit Bomb (it itself a kind of cheat since it uses energy of other people) seems appropriate. Jiren had no idea that Goku had already been tested vs. GoD energy before.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hm but if the latter part is true wouldn't that mean it's a permanent power up or something he could use again without the
spirit bomb? Also isn't that kind of cheating if true?

It would mean it's a power-up he can't always use, that he can only use in a specific situation.
Which would be a pretty cool way to go about it to tell the truth.

Ashodin

Basically the best outcome of all this is Geets is likely to freak the fuck out again over Goku surpassing him even further

Going back through the previous episodes for more clues and stuff,

The Supreme Kai of 11 specifically states that he knows U11 will win the tournament, and seems to be willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that happens

Goku
was thrown a ball of Energy of Destruction by Freeza, so he's already had a taste of how to deal with it

We did get this shot as well.

Using
God of Destruction energy isn't cheating, since it's likely that Jiren would have the ability to use it (remember Toppo was said to be a GoD candidate). Even if Jiren couldn't use it because he's not a GoD it's likely Belmod thought that it wouldn't trace back to him if Jiren used it responsibly. Hiding the energy on Goku's Spirit Bomb (it itself a kind of cheat since it uses energy of other people) seems appropriate. Jiren had no idea that Goku had already been tested vs. GoD energy before.
Hm I dunno, if
you're just drawing energy from mortals it seems like it would be in the rules,
but I don't think the GoDs are allowed to participate in any way. Anyways, I think whats going to happen is that the genki dama energy will run out before goku is able to finish the job, and he's going to get ringed out

E:
or at least incapacitated until future episodes

Ashodin

We did get this shot as well.

Hmmmmmmmm. That would be awesome foreshadowing.

Hm I dunno, if
you're just drawing energy from mortals it seems like it would be in the rules,
but I don't think the GoDs are allowed to participate in any way. Anyways, I think whats going to happen is that the genki dama energy will run out before goku is able to finish the job, and he's going to get ringed out

The "terrible thing that happens" is likely
Jiren pushing the Spirit Bomb back onto Goku with GoD energy powering it.

I'd actually bet $20,000 on the ending of 109 containing that exact moment.

Ashodin

If Goku's
out after the special
I think this is the best way to handle a new
power up

I want it to be the case because it would be better for the tournament overall.

It's also one of the only ways I can see
Hit stepping in for Goku

Zero-ELEC

Banned
This was really close to my house lol, like a kilometer away probably, but I don't like the whole "otaku" thing and shit, which was one of the reasons I didn't want to go in the first place.
Edit: Need to hear more of Goku Black, but it seems he's doing a great job and not going for the completely rough and Nolanesque's Batman.

I like him correcting the interviewer here, she said "Black Goku" and he replied "Goku Black". HYPE!

Is it me or Castañeda is wearing a Time Ring? He is, isn't he? DAMN!

I14wONc.png

I love Castañeda. Love the time ring.

I still can't get over Cabba being called Kyabe in Spanish, tho. At least I'm used to Bills over Beerus.

If Goku's
out after the special
I think this is the best way to handle a new
power up
He's
either getting ringed out or incapacitated, I don't see any other outcome based on episode titles. I think it would be a toriyama thing to do though if somehow all the other fighters got knocked out, Zeno things everyone is out, but then goku gets up, says "ow ow ow" , gives the McDonald's eyes and asked what he missed, and that's how u7 wins lol

He's
either getting ringed out or incapacitated, I don't see any other outcome based on episode titles. I think it would be a toriyama thing to do though if somehow all the other fighters got knocked out, Zeno things everyone is out, but then goku gets up, says "ow ow ow" , gives the McDonald's eyes and asked what he missed, and that's how u7 wins lol
This would be much funnier with someone like roshi or krillin tho lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I remember someone posting the lyrics to the full limit breaker opening song and the second part sounds very crazy.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
That new preview is hot. What happens to Goku at the end of 110 though since
111 is Hit vs Jiren

a) New form ineffective
b) Recovering while Hit returns the favour (most likely)
c) Eliminated :/
d) Fighting someone else?
Let's put the fate of the Universe on Gohan's shoulders. I like that scenario.

that preview video

Hmm so i guess the sprit bomb exploded on him either due to interference (or the Sprit Bomb showing Goku is actually an evil guy :p) and then he is able to absorb the energies? Given that the bomb gets its energy from the other lifeforms i wonder if GODs are included in this one or even the fighters from the other universes.

Also they have showed Goku being able to not get destroyed by Hakai energy so maybe that is also playing a part?

Should be interesting to see.

Forgive me if this is old hat but i haven't been paying much attention to this thread as of late due to work, the breaks and the upcoming special.

HardRojo

I love Castañeda. Love the time ring.

I still can't get over Cabba being called Kyabe in Spanish, tho. At least I'm used to Bills over Beerus.

Yeah, them using Kyabe fucking sucks, but at least according to Castañeda, Toei is involved in making sure they use the correct names for stuff like Super Saiyajin Blue and Goku Black. Hopefully Toei will keep making sure they don't fuck up more names. Kale and Caulifla come to mind, I don't want to see them ruining their pronunciations.

HeroR

That new preview is hot. What happens to Goku at the end of 110 though since
111 is Hit vs Jiren

a) New form ineffective
b) Recovering while Hit returns the favour (most likely)
c) Eliminated :/
d) Fighting someone else?
Let's put the fate of the Universe on Gohan's shoulders. I like that scenario.

So he can screw it up again.

cordy

Banned
Maybe Goku's just not able to handle the strength of his new form allowing Jiren to knock him out. Jiren will then say something like "had he been strong enough to handle this form, he might have beaten me" or something.

Since it's hit vs jiren after goku. Most likely is that goku gets knock down but still in the tournament chillin and his body adapting to the new form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom