• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is going on in that pic? Looks like an alien with a head but no torso, with a ridiculous combover, phasing out of existence.

Iv3GwBL.jpg

Gohan looks great here (Piccolo less so)

This has gotta be the most Vegeta he's ever looked... guess that will stop the yamcha lookalike jokes at least

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't get why Gohan would have rbf anyway. Isn't he a more laid back and happy character?
He's a nice person, but he's also very emotional. When stuff happens his anger shows in really obvious ways. You could say he's friendly and goofy by default, but also temperamental when it comes to serious things.

HeroR

It's just SSB. I don't think they'd be afraid to give Vegeta that when Goku still has KK and his new form coming.

They already did it in the Black arc.

You mean when Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku alone melted Merged Zamasu's face when Vegeta couldn't do it with Trunks?

HeroR

Episodes 88 and 90 have done plenty to correct the mistakes made toward the end of the Buu arc.

They weren't mistakes. They were flaws in Gohan's character that Gohan fans denied for over twenty years. When I pointed out that Gohan's failure in the Buu Saga was completely his fault and he didn't deserved the 'win' both for being lazy (not training for seven years) and then letting his power go to his head (not killing Super Buu and instead humored letting Gotenks do it), I was called a Gohan hater.

Iv3GwBL.jpg

Gohan looks great here (Piccolo less so)

Isn't this the same shot from Episode 90, except flipped?

He's a nice person, but he's also very emotional. When stuff happens his anger shows in really obvious ways. You could say he's friendly and goofy by default, but also temperamental when it comes to serious things.

Yeah but he's getting triggered a bit too easy lately. I feel like he's becoming a Vegeta/Piccolo perma frowner.

His universe is on the line and he's in the midst of a battle royal.

Gohan is never laid back when he's fighting seriously.

I'm not saying he needs to be goofing around, telling jokes, but its a long time to be blistering with rage, especially since his frown senpai's Piccolo and Vegeta are taking it way more easy on the whole so far.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They weren't mistakes. They were flaws in Gohan's character that Gohan fans denied for over twenty years. When I pointed out that Gohan's failure against in the Buu Saga was completely his fault and he didn't deserved the 'win' both for being lazy (not training for seven years) and then letting his power go to his head (not killing Super Buu and instead humored letting Gotenks do it), It was called a Gohan hater.

^

It's usually met with a bunch of, "well nuh-uh". To be fair I do hate Gohan though so that part is accurate

Skeeter49

Yeah but he's getting triggered a bit too easy lately. I feel like he's becoming a Vegeta/Piccolo perma frowner.

It's a little out of character from the Buu arc Gohan, who was playing rock paper scissor to see who would fight Bibidi's fighters, but it just shows how much he's grown since then.

He has to correct his father's mistake, the universe potentially being destroyed. I think they've handled that well, and he's still gotten excited over certain things, like watching Toppo fight, or winning against his father.

NZerker12

I don't know if anyone here has seen it but there is a bonus chapter for the DBS manga from Jump Victory Carnival 2017. Where
Trunks and Mai were going to stay in present until Trunks met with Gohan who thinks the future is fine and safe and asks to meet Future Bulma, thus giving Trunks the idea to go back in time to before Zamasu arrived. Basically in the manga Gohan is the reason Trunks stays in the future.

It's a little out of character from the Buu arc Gohan, who was playing rock paper scissor to see who would fight Bibidi's fighters, but it just shows how much he's grown since then.

He has to correct his father's mistake, the universe potentially being destroyed. I think they've handled that well, and he's still gotten excited over certain things, like watching Toppo fight, or winning against his father.

But he's like the one character who super approves of his dad's recent actions...
Gohan seems like he's been pissed off since training with Piccolo. The demeanour seems like its supposed to imply he's changed and this is the result of him hardening his heart. But I feel like its over kill to show that...
Honestly, since he's gonna face self doubt tonight, I guess we'll see how well its really handled first hand.

I don't know if anyone here has seen it but there is a bonus chapter for the DBS manga from Jump Victory Carnival 2017. Where
Trunks and Mai were going to stay in present until Trunks met with Gohan who thinks the future is fine and safe and asks to meet Future Bulma, thus giving Trunks the idea to go back in time to before Zamasu arrived. Basically in the manga Gohan is the reason Trunks stays in the future.

That's bittersweet as fuck

Mark1

This is far and out better than the Anime interpretation, not to say that method wasn't bad either...

NeonZ

I wonder how the RoF arc could continue if Whis couldn't turn back time.

They'd just teleport to Namek. Maybe if they wanted to raise the stakes, rather than follow a more natural development, somehow allow Freeza to finally find the planet right when they're about to summon Porunga, and then they'd go for round 2, but this time Goku and Vegeta fight together and beat Freeza even before he starts running out of energy.

HeroR

They'd just teleport to Namek. Maybe if they wanted to raise the stakes, rather than follow a more natural development, somehow allow Freeza to finally find the planet right when they're about to summon Porunga, and then they'd go for round 2, but this time Goku and Vegeta fight together and beat Freeza even before he starts running out of energy.

Frieza finding Namek after his men couldn't do it in almost twenty years is really random.

NeonZ

Frieza finding Namek after his men couldn't do it in almost twenty years is really random.

Maybe he'd be able to sense Goku when they teleport there, allowing him to locate the planet. He'd start going towards Namek at that point, and arrive when Porunga is summoned. But, yeah, it'd be forced, but could give some urgency to the final battle.

Alternatively, just wish Earth back and then beat him up afterwards, but that would be basically the same as Whis' reset.

HardRojo

Gohan was so clueless...

Slaythe

I hope Tate does the 17 vs Brianne fight.

The last time he animated 17, the Goku vs 17 fight, was great.

I don't think there will be a fight at all. That preview pic is probably as far as it goes lol.

Hope i'm wrong.

But given 17's face i'm not sure he was happy about whatever happened.

I don't think there will be a fight at all. That preview pic is probably as far as it goes lol.

Hope i'm wrong.

But given 17's face i'm not sure he was happy about whatever happened.

Oh everyone has that reaction to Goku these days, I wouldn't worry.
After last week, I have way more confidence in 17. I don't think he's seeing any jobs anytime soon.

HeroR

Maybe he'd be able to sense Goku when they teleport there, allowing him to locate the planet. He'd start going towards Namek at that point, and arrive when Porunga is summoned. But, yeah, it'd be forced, but could give some urgency to the final battle.

Alternatively, just wish Earth back and then beat him up afterwards, but that would be basically the same as Whis' reset.

Even Cell who can sense ki better than Frieza couldn't track Goku when he teleported away with Piccolo and Tien. And how would Frieza get to Namek so fast compared to Goku who can teleport? He would still be weakened to boot, so Goku can beat him by himself.

This doesn't feel like urgency, it feels like a Deus Angst Machina.

Xandalan

Neo Member
Wishes this episode, Gohan physical ringouts like Mystic Gohan's beatdown of Buu. I just miss the martial arts in general instead of beam attacks. Thanks 17 last episode. Gohan to realize Botamo's abilities by himself instead of someone pointing it out for him. Piccolo doing something ANYTHING.

Slaythe

I wouldn't say that.

I don't know if dynamic is a word I would have used, but it certainly was one of the most interesting and fun to watch.

Their personalities and abilities + humor in there made it a blast.

Maybe it's because the pride troopers vs Kale and Caulifla was so disappointing.

Also, they did a great job fleshing out Kakunsa in like 5 minutes worth of screentime.

Morlas

I don't know if dynamic is a word I would have used, but it certainly was one of the most interesting and fun to watch.

Their personalities and abilities + humor in there made it a blast.

Maybe it's because the pride troopers vs Kale and Caulifla was so disappointing.

well that was mostly a character development moment for Kale and it was a beam struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom