• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

The problem with Caulifla and Kale vs. the pride troopers was that there was no easy way of getting Caulifla to go SSJ let alone SSJ2 after she got trashed in base for no reason.

I think a beam struggle was the best way to go with that, though I would have rather they just went with Caulifla was too tired which is why she never went SSJ, and Kale had to fight them all herself. Caulifla didn't have to be in the final act of that episode, have her try to fight, fall down, and Kale can tell her to relax. Then maybe one of them goes for Caulifla at some point, and that's when Kale goes Berserk to get to her in time.

I really like Caulifla's one handed blast though. Now give it a name.

I don't know if dynamic is a word I would have used, but it certainly was one of the most interesting and fun to watch.

Their personalities and abilities + humor in there made it a blast.

Maybe it's because the pride troopers vs Kale and Caulifla was so disappointing.

Also, they did a great job fleshing out Kakunsa in like 5 minutes worth of screentime.

It was too much in one episode. I know people hated the U6 focus, but I think it would have benefitted from 3 episodes.
1 for Caulifla vs. Goku. Nix the SSJ3 comment, which I do think was a throwaway line, or a hint she'll get SSJ3, but not the SSJ3 Goku got, I still think that'll be revealed to be a false SSJ3. This also gives them longer to flesh out Cabba vs. Vegeta.

1 for Kale going Berserk/ end with the 5 pride treopers attacking them.

1 for what 101 covered, only the extra 5 minutes to flesh out the pride troopers with their intro being in the episode before. In a perfect world it's just be 17, 18, Caulifla, and Kale. Goku bounces to fight Toppo but gets distracted when he see's 17 and 18 got involved, though by the time he gets there the pocket dimension started. 17 and 18 help the saiyans in case they need their help later, and they state that.

HeroR

I don't know if dynamic is a word I would have used, but it certainly was one of the most interesting and fun to watch.

Their personalities and abilities + humor in there made it a blast.

Maybe it's because the pride troopers vs Kale and Caulifla was so disappointing.

Also, they did a great job fleshing out Kakunsa in like 5 minutes worth of screentime.

Personally, I thought him taking out the flying girl was better on all fronts.

And l like the Pride Troopers fighting Kale and Cali. I just wanted it to be longer. *shrug*

caliph95

The problem with Caulifla and Kale vs. the pride troopers was that there was no easy way of getting Caulifla to go SSJ let alone SSJ2 after she got trashed in base for no reason.

I think a beam struggle was the best way to go with that, though I would have rather they just went with Caulifla was too tired which is why she never went SSJ, and Kale had to fight them all herself. Caulifla didn't have to be in the final act of that episode, have her try to fight, fall down, and Kale can tell her to relax. Then maybe one of them goes for Caulifla at some point, and that's when Kale goes Berserk to get to her in time.

I really like Caulifla's one handed blast though. Now give it a name.

It was too much in one episode. I know people hated the U6 focus, but I think it would have benefitted from 3 episodes.
1 for Caulifla vs. Goku. Nix the SSJ3 comment, which I do think was a throwaway line.
1 for Kale going Berserk/ end with the 5 pride treopers attacking them.
1 for what 101 covered, only the extra 5 minutes to flesh out the pride troopers with their intro being in the episode before. In a perfect world it's just be 17, 18, Caulifla, and Kale. Goku bounces to fight Toppo. 17 and 18 help the saiyans in case they need their help later, and they state that.
Yeah it was too short and benefited from another episode

Was watching random parts of the Future Trunks arc and this always gets me :(

4243ee870f3b2bf97d477ba639487787b723039a_hq.gif

Ng5l9TXl.jpg

Skeeter49

Also one thing that bugged me with Kale going Berserk in 100, I think something that would have made it more effective was if that U10 guy was attacking Kale again while Caulifla is fighting Goku, and Caulifla not coming to help her because she's too busy with Goku is what makes her transform.

It combines the emotional pain which not everyone likes as the reason she transforms, with physical pain.

Her being useless and Goku wanting nothing to do with her plays into controlling it against the pride troopers
Keep the part where Goku says you're bothering us, have her ask Caulifla if she's a bother, then as she starts reflecting on it, that's when she gets grabbed and starts getting hit. It still revolves around Goku at the end of the day, and it makes her hate Goku even more, and we can understand her hatred for Goku a little better because we saw how much Caulifla cared about her 5 minutes prior, to now ignoring her in the same situation.

Her not being able to fight off someone who doesn't even look threatening, plays into her being useless, and she can tie that into how pathetic she is, that if she can't stop this one guy, how could she ever support Caulifla against Goku.

Magwik

Banned
Also one thing that bugged me with Kale going Berserk in 100, I think something that would have made it more effective was if that U10 guy was attacking Kale again while Caulifla is fighting Goku, and Caulifla not coming to help her because she's too busy with Goku is what makes her transform.

It combines the emotional pain which not everyone likes as the reason she transforms, with physical pain.
Her being useless and Goku wanting nothing to do with her plays into controlling it against the pride troopers

NeonZ

Even Cell who can sense ki better than Frieza couldn't track Goku when he teleported away with Piccolo and Tien.

Goku wasn't god level back then.

And how would Frieza get to Namek so fast compared to Goku who can teleport? He would still be weakened to boot, so Goku can beat him by himself.

This doesn't feel like urgency, it feels like a Deus Angst Machina.

Some scene cuts with them gathering the Namek DBs, so there'd be a sense of at least a couple of hours passing. Then Freeza arrives recovered for a last round. Like I said originally, it'd be kind of messy. The more natural development would be just wishing Earth back immediately and then killing the weakened Freeza there, but something like that would allow a more climatic final battle.

HeroR

And they all got erased.

Goku wasn't god level back then.

Some scene cuts with them gathering the Namek DBs, so there'd be a sense of at least a couple of hours passing. Then Freeza arrives recovered for a last round. Like I said originally, it'd be kind of messy. The more natural development would be just wishing Earth back immediately and then killing the weakened Freeza there, but something like that would allow a more climatic final battle.

Not really seeing your point here. Can you explain this? Plus wouldn't Goku be surpressed regardless?

How would Frieza fully recover in a few hours? His army with the healing tank got destroyed.

That pic illustrates an issue I have with the show:

The heads of many characters look/feel like they're drawn too small in relation/proportion to the rest of their bodies. Piccolo in particular looks very off for me.

Maybe they want to make sure people don't mistake this show for GT lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That pic illustrates an issue I have with the show:

The heads of many characters look/feel like they're drawn too small in relation/proportion to the rest of their bodies. Piccolo in particular looks very off for me.

The proportions are right there, actually.

RocknRola

Maybe they want to make sure people don't mistake this show for GT lol

lol

The proportions are right there, actually.

I dunno, I look at them and something feels (to me) off. Not sure if it's how the face is drawn or how it's shaded, not sure.

For example, I have no idea if this official or fan made and I know its a very different angle too, but the proportions here feel (again, to me) more natural or more in line with what I remember from past shows/games/media:

It's a weird thing. It's a non-issue of course, but I just can't shake it off whenever I see certain characters lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lol

I dunno, I look at them and something feels (to me) off. Not sure if it's how the face is drawn or how it's shaded, not sure.

For example, I have no idea if this official or fan made and I know its a very different angle too, but the proportions here feel (again, to me) more natural or more in line with what I remember from past shows/games/media:

It's a weird thing. It's a non-issue of course, but I just can't shake it off whenever I see certain characters lol

The face is definitely wonky but the body proportions are still fine for the most part.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It could be the face throwing me off, yeah. Anyway, for the most part during the episodes I don't noticed it that often so as I said, non-issue.

I will say the face proportions in Super haven't been the greatest, however. They were definitely more appealing in Z, namely in the Buu arc.

About the Episode 104 spoilers:
They finally realized that SSJB is a useless form and went back to SSJG instead which made its proofs before. But this form requires at least 5 Saiyans to make the host transform. How are they going to do it? With Gohan, Vegeta, Cabba, Caulifla and Kale help?

Skeeter49

They finally realized that SSJB is a useless form and went back to SSJG instead which made its proofs before. But this form requires at least 5 Saiyans to make the host transform. How are they going to do it? With Gohan, Vegeta, Cabba, Caulifla and Kale help?

While that'd be smart
against the U6 saiyans, don't tell them it drains their energy, it would fuck over U7 saiyans. They wouldn't be able to fight.

I think SSG is going to be used mainly to heal Goku. My current theory is the Yardrat in today's episode poisons Goku.

I mean, its mostly between 2 people, clear beginning and end, back and forth momentum. Its something that could more or less happen in a reg tourney. Its the kinda fight I wish we were guaranteed for every U7 fighter.
Which is why I wish we had a regular tournament instead of a Battle Royale, but if it's a battle royale setup I'd rather it be 3 vs. 2, or something along that line.

You mean when Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku alone melted Merged Zamasu's face when Vegeta couldn't do it with Trunks?

Just because they took it away later (which was really weird and inconsistent) doesn't mean they didn't give it to him for that moment.

caliph95

SSB is stronger than SSG
Why would U6 help them?
Also we know nothing other than he's using SSG

HeroR

I mean, its mostly between 2 people, clear beginning and end, back and forth momentum. Its something that could more or less happen in a reg tourney. Its the kinda fight I wish we were guaranteed for every U7 fighter.

It's a Battle Royal, so why would 1v1 be standard?

Just because they took it away later (which was really weird and inconsistent) doesn't mean they didn't give it to him for that moment.

But they never gave it to Vegeta since Goku's strength didn't go up between Epsoides 63 and 65

Which is why I wish we had a regular tournament instead of a Battle Royale, but if it's a battle royale setup I'd rather it be 3 vs. 2, or something along that line.

If this was a regular tourument, half the members of U7 would've never been chosen. Plus, regular touruments are done to death in Dragon Ball.

I don't know why anyone thinks that they're going to
do the God ritual. They're just going to do it like in the manga where Goku figured out how to transform in God on his own.

HeroR

do the God ritual. They're just going to do it like in the manga where Goku figured out how to transform in God on his own.

Isn't that a bit of an assumption.
If we go by 'my body is throbbing line', this may not be Goku just going Super Saiyan God like Super Saiyan.

They'd just teleport to Namek. Maybe if they wanted to raise the stakes, rather than follow a more natural development, somehow allow Freeza to finally find the planet right when they're about to summon Porunga, and then they'd go for round 2, but this time Goku and Vegeta fight together and beat Freeza even before he starts running out of energy.

Vegeta would be dead.

I was thinking Freiza would have the Golden form energy drain problem solved next time they fight, so Goku would either have to get stronger, or have some kind of strategy of his own, maybe involving one of the other guys (He could get revenge for the laser beam thing and get over the fact that "it isn't fair" at least for that one fight)

RocknRola

Yup, that seems the more likely scenario IMO.

The question whether
it's something that happens voluntarily (and thus he already KNEW how to do it) OR if it's something that happens involuntarily (and thus he just happens to transform into it while being pushed around, as we see Hit with some damage too
).

But they never gave it to Vegeta since Goku's strength didn't go up between Epsoides 63 and 65

But they did. Earlier on it was established that Goku was much weaker than Black even with his rage boost. Then when Vegeta came back from the chamber, he pummled Black so hard that his power increase ability couldn't even catch up. Goku's SSB being stronger later was just weirdness with the writing.

HeroR

But they did. Earlier on it was established that Goku was much weaker than Black even with his rage boost. Then when Vegeta came back from the chamber, hw pummled Black so hard that his power increase ability couldn't even catch up. Goku's SSB being stronger later was just weirdness with the writing.

Goku also said he could beat Black and Zamasu if he could restraint their movements. Nothing about actually getting stronger. And Goku directly asked Vegeta if he wanted Black or Zamasu. Not, 'take care of Black' if he thought he couldn't fight him.

So, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta was never stronger than Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku.

Black's power increase ability also did catch up with Vegeta.

Its insane to me it wasn't a guarantee. some of these fighters haven't suited up in irl decades.

It's a Battle Royal, so why would 1v1 be standard?

I feel its a standard for life, I mean boxing, mma, its all one on one. But also a standard for the show outside this arc.
That said, outside U9 vs Goku and Vegeta, I dont think any of the team fights have felt very substantial. And that one has problems, in that the momentum is literally they refuse to hold back against a bunch of weaklings, and then don't. Not really much of a fight imo.

caliph95

Its insane to me it wasn't a guarantee. some of these fighters haven't suited up in irl decades.

I feel its a standard for life, I mean boxing, mma, its all one on one. But also a standard for the show outside this arc.
That said, outside U9 vs Goku and Vegeta, I dont think any of the team fights have felt very substantial. And that one has problems, in that the momentum is literally they refuse to hold back against a bunch of weaklings, and then don't. Not really much of a fight imo.
What you don't love them fighting relatively weak opponents who don't even provide a challenge.

At least u2 and u9 were entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom