• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyB

Banned
To summarise this, it takes about 8k xp to level a N grunt to 20. After awakening them, they will give 29-44k xp(44k with same type bonus).

Also, anyone tried Z-hard Vegeta event? How difficult is it and what kind of rewards are there?
How do you combine characters?

Delio

Oh god Vegeta finally dropped.

w3THvbO.png

Permanently A

Can someone tell me what are the wishes that you can ask for. Thanks.

Shenron gives you a choice of 4 wishes. (1) I want more allies -- Shenron gives you 10 Dragon Stones and increases the # of character slots by 10. I recommend this one to start. (2) I want more items -- lots of items. (3) I want stronger characters -- Awakening items and (4) I want more options in combat -- Increases the number of items you can bring into a stage. **Note: After you choose an option it will be locked out the next time you get Shenron. Apparently Shenron also has a second set of wishes.**

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/3dkuih/dbz_dokkan_battle_ios_android_guide/

chrono01

Can someone tell me what are the wishes that you can ask for. Thanks.
It's in the OT, but:

1) More character slots + 10 Dragon Gems
2) Receive a lot of items
3) Increase your team cost + receive Rare Awakening Medals
4) Expand Quest inventory + Item Limit

Once you wish for one of them it will become grayed out for future summons. The most important seems to be #1, as that's the one I'll definitely be going with (if I can actually get the last Dragon Ball, the number of the dice never seems to match up -_-). Then I'll probably go #4, #3, then #2.

chrono01

fuck. I did Hard vegeta farming many times with no problems... this time he suddenly drops a 10k attack galick gun -.-
Yeah, he has a tendency to spam that in later rounds. It's best to load your deck with TEQ users and place one, especially one with a high DEF such as Awakened Yamcha, before he takes to be safe. It can mitigate the damage quite a bit.

chrono01

How does this game compare to stuff like Dragon Coin/Monster Strike and the like? Is it fun?
I never played Monster Coin, but I did try Monster Strike. It's similar, in the sense that it's a gatcha game, but that's where the similarities end. Dokkan Battle has a completely different play-style, as well as a story-mode that's completely vacant from MS.

As for whether it's fun or not, I enjoy it. There's more depth than it appears in the beginning [differing types, linked attacks, switching around their position in-battle to negate/deal damage based on current orbs, party composition, etc.], and the story is handled well enough so far. It's too early on whether to say for sure it'll have lasting appeal, but I'm having a lot of fun with it currently and stamina regen is only 3 minutes per stamina, so you can get back into the action after very little downtime.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh I need more money to Z awaken my SR Goku. I'm not too far off from getting enough but it's going to take all my money lol

FerranMG

Alright, so it seems I'm slowly getting the mechanics of the game, but have a few questions:

- What's the difference between Awakening and Z-Awakening?
- Can I awaken a character that is not at his max level?
- Should I ever NOT awaken a character that it's at its max level (if I have the awakening cards)?
- What are friend points? What is the use of friends in general?
- I played the Gohan event, and Raditz kept changing color throughout the missions. Is there a way to know the color of the enemy you are about to fight?
- Oh, also, are Super Attacks very difficult to pull out? At first I thought the Ki of one character would accumulate during the same fight, but it seems it resets every turn. This seems weird to me, and makes Super Attacks almost impossible to do.

Lord Phol

Wow just noticed that it saves your rolls when on the board >>. Thought it re-rolled all 3 everytime, but it's just the one you last picked. Now I can actually plan a bit, makes it easier to get those dragonballs!

Dandte

While farming awakening medals something came to my mind:

Doing a rare Summon:

Base Goku: mostly R and SR
SS Goku: mostly SR and SSR

Doing the multi pull only let you pull the trigger once, does this means if you have a base goku while pulling, the other 9 not shown pulls are also Base Goku?

If so, doing the multi pulls would significally decrease your chance to obtain a SR Pull or significally increase your SR/SRR Chance when you have a SS Goku while pulling the trigger.

Any thoughts?

Dandte

How the hell did this guy get EXTREME agility?

CKbXZeSUAAQ3BX0.jpg:large

when you awake a uni his Ability get increased, f.e:

My SSR vegeta is now exreme AGL
my R Yamcha is now Super TEQ
my SR Goku is now Super TEQ

Funny thing is, that a z-awakened lvl 40 R Yamcha has more HP than a z-awakened lcl 40 SR TEQ Goku

LNBL

Pulled a different version SR vegeta than the the event one. Didnt know there we several versions other than ranks.

qiZ3z4U.jpg

Dawg

when you awake a uni his Ability get increased, f.e:

My SSR vegeta is now exreme AGL
my R Yamcha is now Super TEQ
my SR Goku is now Super TEQ

Funny thing is, that a z-awakened lvl 40 R Yamcha has more HP than a z-awakened lcl 40 SR TEQ Goku

I understand SUPER but what's the difference with EXTREME? This guy only awakened a R unit, not SR.

chrono01

I am loving the XP/medal drops on TEQ Hard. So nice.

Evolved my Event Kid Gohan to SR Kid Gohan. He's even more powerful now.

Going to grind like crazy in this daily. I have a lot of tec cards to awaken. Sadly I am falling behind on in game money. 500k for 1 awakening upgrades for my SSR Vegeta...750k for the other...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yay, Vegeta at Special lv 4; 5 would be a good number though.
Since I got nobody else to train, I started doing N Videl... N Satan after I guess.

Delio

Training up the R Goku right now. Hopefully Awaken him today. So far my Kid Gohan has been outpacing my SSR Vegeta in raw attack stat. I assume tho since Gohan caps earlier he wont reach the heights Vegeta will.

Whitelines

Neo Member
Damn Vegeta doesn't drop, i lost count on how many runs i have made on hard...

Shenron gives you a choice of 4 wishes. (1) I want more allies -- Shenron gives you 10 Dragon Stones and increases the # of character slots by 10. I recommend this one to start. (2) I want more items -- lots of items. (3) I want stronger characters -- Awakening items and (4) I want more options in combat -- Increases the number of items you can bring into a stage. **Note: After you choose an option it will be locked out the next time you get Shenron. Apparently Shenron also has a second set of wishes.**

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/3dkuih/dbz_dokkan_battle_ios_android_guide/

He didn't give me the 10 dragon stones, anyone else had the same issue?

Training up the R Goku right now. Hopefully Awaken him today. So far my Kid Gohan has been outpacing my SSR Vegeta in raw attack stat. I assume tho since Gohan caps earlier he wont reach the heights Vegeta will.

if you awaken N characters so they become R and cap their level they are super strong but like you said over time normal rares are better once awoken and leveled up.

A quick and easy way to get a strong team is to use all the normals you can find and max them out, then over time level up SR's

Dawg

Made my second Shenron wish. Those training stages are so good. One of them gives you 50K exp for each additional training companion.

That's 250K exp, even if you use 5 saibamen.

Mazre

Vegeta finally dropped this morning on the last run before I was going to give up and farm tec mats.

Z-awakened gohan too.

Stider

Well, just beat Vegeta on Z-hard with 2 continues. Used a dokkan finisher with kid Gohan to do 44k damage. Only got a training location though :(

Regarding Super and Extreme from z-awakening. Just noticed that 'good' characters get super and evil characters get extreme.

When leveling up skills (IE, with farming Kid Gohans) is every time you train with the same character a guaranteed level up? Or is it like, to level up to 2 you need to level 1 skills, to level up to three you need two level 2 skills, to level up to 4 you need to train two level 3 skills, etc.

Stider

For those farming Vegeta, make sure to level them some before feeding them to your main Vegeta. A leve l6 Vegeta would give 32k xp to main, used a N grunt levelled to 20 and awakened(worth 44k for same type) on him to get him to level 21. Now worth 112k xp when using as training fodder.

Also, the easy xp works even with named N characters not just the nameless masses.

Permanently A

Alright, so it seems I'm slowly getting the mechanics of the game, but have a few questions:

- What's the difference between Awakening and Z-Awakening?
- Can I awaken a character that is not at his max level?
- Should I ever NOT awaken a character that it's at its max level (if I have the awakening cards)?
- What are friend points? What is the use of friends in general?
- I played the Gohan event, and Raditz kept changing color throughout the missions. Is there a way to know the color of the enemy you are about to fight?
- Oh, also, are Super Attacks very difficult to pull out? At first I thought the Ki of one character would accumulate during the same fight, but it seems it resets every turn. This seems weird to me, and makes Super Attacks almost impossible to do.

Awakening is when you use the medals to boost a character's stats. Z-awaken is when you use all the medals possible when the character is at max level. If the character isn't at max level you can't Z-awaken, only regular Awaken, because it won't let you use all the medals. You can awaken at any time, but you can only Z-awaken once the character is at max level.

Any time you shouldn't awaken... I don't really know. I guess if its a character you're not going to use in battle or for training?

Friend Points, afaik, is just a way to recruit fodder for training.

Not as far as I know.

Super Attacks can be hard to pull off, later you'll get characters with passives that boost their Ki passively making it easier.

Permanently A

Yeah, he has a tendency to spam that in later rounds. It's best to load your deck with TEQ users and place one, especially one with a high DEF such as Awakened Yamcha, before he takes to be safe. It can mitigate the damage quite a bit.

Yamcha huh? I'll try him out. "before he takes" what do you mean by that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom