• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

Given up on Vegeta at the moment. I'm just ridiculously unlucky with it. Did around 10 tries on Hard with at least 20 tries on normal with no luck.

Anyway, done the TEQ daily event on normal and managed to get a Popo medal and then proceeded to do it on Hard and got 3 Popo medals (although I had to use a Dragon stone to complete it as it was way too hard). Will just go for 5 at the moment and Z-Awaken my Gohan. Can't be bothered trying to get another 5 for my Goku.

FerranMG

Awakening is when you use the medals to boost a character's stats. Z-awaken is when you use all the medals possible when the character is at max level. If the character isn't at max level you can't Z-awaken, only regular Awaken, because it won't let you use all the medals. You can awaken at any time, but you can only Z-awaken once the character is at max level.

Any time you shouldn't awaken... I don't really know. I guess if its a character you're not going to use in battle or for training?

Friend Points, afaik, is just a way to recruit fodder for training.

Not as far as I know.

Super Attacks can be hard to pull off, later you'll get characters with passives that boost their Ki passively making it easier.

Awesome, thank you, man!

Yamcha huh? I'll try him out. "before he takes" what do you mean by that?

I guess he means "before he takes [the attack] or [damage]". Basically, use him as a great DEF character.

This is just a suggestion for people who maybe don't play a lot of mobile games, never, ever use a Dragon Stone to regenerate your health. Take the L and try again later. Dragon Stones are too valuable and really should only be used to summon.

Permanently A

Given up on Vegeta at the moment. I'm just ridiculously unlucky with it. Did around 10 tries on Hard with at least 20 tries on normal with no luck.

Anyway, done the TEQ daily event on normal and managed to get a Popo medal and then proceeded to do it on Hard and got 3 Popo medals (although I had to use a Dragon stone to complete it as it was way too hard). Will just go for 5 at the moment and Z-Awaken my Gohan. Can't be bothered trying to get another 5 for my Goku.

What's your team like? I want to try the hard one to get the Stone but I don't want to crash and burn.

Ducarmel

^
Mono TEQ team around level 20 or more should make quick work of him.

The event R Goku is a good leader, the event R Gohan is a great sub and easy to skill its super.

TEQ Yamacha you start out with is decent once awakened, and you can fill the rest of the squad with a bunch of other N TEQ cards from Friend Points that can be awakened to R.

Skii

What's your team like? I want to try the hard one to get the Stone but I don't want to crash and burn.

For the Vegeta event:

- R TEQ Gohan (Lv 36)
- R TEQ Goku (Lv 35)
- R INT Ginyu (Lv 32)
- R AGL Burter (Lv 31)
- R AQL Android 17 (Lv 32)
- R AGL Android 18 (Lv 30)

For the TEQ event:
- SR STR Frieza (Lv 26)
- SR PHY Nappa (Lv 26)
- R TEQ Gohan (Lv 36)
- R TEQ Goku (Lv 36)
- R INT Ginyu (Lv 32)
- R AGL Burter (Lv 31)

My Vegeta team is perfect if I pick a TEQ fighter from one of my friends. I don't even need to use items on hard.

My TEQ even team is awful. It has Burter who is weak against TEQ and it just doesn't have enough power to face Nial and the two other fighters without using a Dragon stone (which I don't want to do).

Permanently A

Huh, Awakening screen says Z-awakening can only be done at max level, but I can Z-awaken my R Goku who is only level 36 right now. Any insight?

edit: nvm, if you try to do it it says you can't until you're max level. doh

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I found it pretty easy to farm on Hard as I have a bunch of INT guys, managed to Z-Awaken both my Gohan and Goku after 4 runs on the daily.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Huh, Awakening screen says Z-awakening can only be done at max level, but I can Z-awaken my R Goku who is only level 36 right now. Any insight?

edit: nvm, if you try to do it it says you can't until you're max level. doh

Pretty sure doing it right now gives you 3 stars same rank. While at max level it raises the rank and makes it a super type.

For the Vegeta event:

- R TEQ Gohan (Lv 36)
- R TEQ Goku (Lv 35)
- R INT Ginyu (Lv 32)
- R AGL Burter (Lv 31)
- R AQL Android 17 (Lv 32)
- R AGL Android 18 (Lv 30)

For the TEQ event:
- SR STR Frieza (Lv 26)
- SR PHY Nappa (Lv 26)
- R TEQ Gohan (Lv 36)
- R TEQ Goku (Lv 36)
- R INT Ginyu (Lv 32)
- R AGL Burter (Lv 31)

My Vegeta team is perfect if I pick a TEQ fighter from one of my friends. I don't even need to use items on hard.

My TEQ even team is awful. It has Burter who is weak against TEQ and it just doesn't have enough power to face Nial and the two other fighters without using a Dragon stone (which I don't want to do).
Just power up some Int characters for the teq event. Teq is weak against int.

I just discovered something game changing in battles, if you hold your finger on the orb you want to use without letting go it will show you the path it will take, this is really useful for those all-orbs which could send you down two different paths and ruin a setup if it's wrong.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I just discovered something game changing in battles, if you hold your finger on the orb you want to use without letting go it will show you the path it will take, this is really useful for those all-orbs which could send you down two different paths and ruin a setup if it's wrong.

This is in the tutorial. You drag your finger down after holding to cancel the move.

Training up the R Goku right now. Hopefully Awaken him today. So far my Kid Gohan has been outpacing my SSR Vegeta in raw attack stat. I assume tho since Gohan caps earlier he wont reach the heights Vegeta will.
Awakening SSR will be a pain. The amount of money and level is ridiculous. I don't know how to get the Kaioshin medal.

Kid Gohan's stats are are impressive:

RVAjw3G.jpg
Envious of your SSR goku. SSR Vegeta is a weakling in comparison.

Yaari

Yeah that STR Goku seems way more rare. He's not featured in the event either apparently. Guess I got pretty lucky there not many people seem to have him.

Hope we see more new units soon. I'd like to use my stones but not without a rateup event.

Skii

I found it pretty easy to farm on Hard as I have a bunch of INT guys, managed to Z-Awaken both my Gohan and Goku after 4 runs on the daily.

Just power up some Int characters for the teq event. Teq is weak against int.

Yeah, will do. Forgot I had a few INT characters in Chi Chi, Chaotzu and Shen. But I got my 5 Popo medals for my Gohan so I'll go back to the Vegeta event. Here's hoping I can finally get him!

Uthred

Finally got an SSR to drop, Vegeta, which was nice as the SR I started with was Goku. Based on a day of re-rolling it seems you only reliably get SR and SSR when Goku is SS during the pull animation (or maybe it was coincidence). Time to finally play

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
That Z-Hard version of Vegita is real. Holy hell.
Luckily I friended an awakened TEQ Gohan and used my own awakened TEQ Gohan. Their supers are the only thing that could make a dent in him.

Up to 3 vegitas now. Going to farm this all day until it closes in hopes to get his super as high as possible.

Whitelines

Neo Member
That Z-Hard version of Vegita is real. Holy hell.
Luckily I friended an awakened TEQ Gohan and used my own awakened TEQ Gohan. Their supers are the only thing that could make a dent in him.

Up to 3 vegitas now. Going to farm this all day until it closes in hopes to get his super as high as possible.

Is it a guaranteed drop on Z-hard?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is it a guaranteed drop on Z-hard?

I got a drop on Z-hard. But I'm definitely not going in that difficulty setting again to test out the percentage. The difficulty spike between hard and z-hard for this one is 10-fold. He has way over 100k hp and was hitting me for 17k when he did a super (while blocking with a TEQ).

Skii

Just thought I'd create a new account on my tab so I could re-roll for a SSR on my second account and I just can't seem to get the new re-roll method to work. Whenever I access the file manager to find the correct files to move around, they just aren't anywhere to be seen. Is there a specific file manager needed?

This is the method for those confused

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just thought I'd create a new account on my tab so I could re-roll for a SSR on my second account and I just can't seem to get the new re-roll method to work. Whenever I access the file manager to find the correct files to move around, they just aren't anywhere to be seen. Is there a specific file manager needed?

This is the method for those confused

Are you showing hidden files and folders? I believe the folder starts with a "." which indicates a hidden folder in Android.

Skii

Are you showing hidden files and folders? I believe the folder starts with a "." which indicates a hidden folder in Android.

Yeah I am. Is the actual app file to look for called: "com.bandainamcogames.dbzdokkanww"?

That's the one I can see and whenever I open the file, it is empty. Tried this on my Nexus 4, on my tab and even on my computer using Droid4x.

I must be doing something wrong as there is noway all 3 devices are unable to find the files.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah I am. Is the actual app file to look for called: "com.bandainamcogames.dbzdokkanww"?

That's the one I can see and whenever I open the file, it is empty. Tried this on my Nexus 4, on my tab and even on my computer using Droid4x.

I must be doing something wrong as there is noway all 3 devices are unable to find the files.

What you quoted is the folder under /data/data.
The file is Cocos2dxPrefsFile.xml .

Raxious

worked for me on Droid4X. Keep in mind though that u do lose your first pull.

Skii

What you quoted is the folder under /data/data.
The file is Cocos2dxPrefsFile.xml .

But isn't that file inside that folder? The problem for me is that the file is empty. So I can't even see /shared_pref to move the Cocos2dxPrefsFile.xml file.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
But isn't that file inside that folder? The problem for me is that the file is empty. So I can't even see /shared_pref to move the Cocos2dxPrefsFile.xml file.

The folder is /data/data/com.bandainamcogames.dbzdokkanww/shared_prefs

You have to go into the Shared_Prefs folder to find Cocos2dxPrefsFile.xml.

Miletius

Possible to make an Android Team? So far I've got an SR Gero, SR 16, and R 17 and 18. Just need one more to fill out the group, the problem is they are pretty much all PHYS fighters (except for Gero).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Does the Kid Gohan event end tomorrow like Vegeta's? I have the super at level 5 and want to keep leveling it but the Awakening event is dropping a lot of stuff I need and I want to farm that as well.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
A lot of people are fiending for STR SSR Goku. Is he somehow better than the other SSR Goku variants?

Skii

worked for me on Droid4X. Keep in mind though that u do lose your first pull.

Which file manager did you use? I can't find any of the files on the file manager already downloaded on Droid4x or the one I downloaded from the Play Store.

The folder is /data/data/com.bandainamcogames.dbzdokkanww/shared_prefs

You have to go into the Shared_Prefs folder to find Cocos2dxPrefsFile.xml.

Sorry if I'm not explaining myself properly but the Shared_Prefs folder isn't showing under the /data/data/com.bandainamcogames.dbzdokkanww folder. The main folder is just empty. Nothing is visible even when I click "show hidden folders". Am I looking in the wrong place?

Does the Kid Gohan event end tomorrow like Vegeta's? I have the super at level 5 and want to keep leveling it but the Awakening event is dropping a lot of stuff I need and I want to farm that as well.

No, it closes 27th July.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Which file manager did you use? I can't find any of the files on the file manager already downloaded on Droid4x or the one I downloaded from the Play Store.

Sorry if I'm not explaining myself properly but the Shared_Prefs folder isn't showing under the /data/data/com.bandainamcogames.dbzdokkanww folder. The main folder is just empty. Nothing is visible even when I click "show hidden folders". Am I looking in the wrong place?

No, it closes 27th July.

Root Explorer is the go-to file manager.
That folder is probably empty because you aren't far enough along in the tutorial for that data to be created.

Uthred

A lot of people are fiending for STR SSR Goku. Is he somehow better than the other SSR Goku variants?

In the current Japanese version of the game the current SSR's are ~27-30 in the tier list so people dont need to be too stressed about getting them (feels hypocritical saying that after spending a day to get one ;) )

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
In the current Japanese version of the game the current SSR's are ~27-30 in the tier list so people dont need to be too stressed about getting them (feels hypocritical saying that after spending a day to get one ;) )

Where can I find a tierlist of the JP version?

I think he has the strongest stats in the game, he costs 16 compared to the other AGL SSR Goku who costs 15

Guess I am lucky to get him as my first SSR pull! But the cost info is incorrect.
My STR SSR Goku costs 15, but my AGL SSR Goku costs 16.

Skii

Root Explorer is the go-to file manager.
That folder is probably empty because you aren't far enough along in the tutorial for that data to be created.

Ah, that's where I've been messing up. The default file manager in Droid4X can't even find the files in data. Managed to find it this time with Root Browser (Root Explorer costs £3!) and managed to finally find the files... Followed everything in the reddit tutorial and now whenever I try to connect, it says download failed >>

I'll give it one more try before I give up. I just want a super saiyan Goku ffs.

SkyB

Banned
I meant gohan, my phone spelled it wrong. So if I can get unlimited by playing on normal? So should I go for that and use him to train?

just repeat the final quest mission to keep getting gohan, since he is a rare its best to stock him up now for later leveling of other characters IMO.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I meant gohan, my phone spelled it wrong. So if I can get unlimited by playing on normal? So should I go for that and use him to train?

Yup, just repeat the final stage on normal. Farm him 10 times (1 to keep, 9 to fuse into the original) to max out his special skill.

Permanently A

yes, do the gohan normal last mission 10 times. then feed your main gohan the rest of the gohans. this will level gohan's super attack to 10 and make him do insane amounts of damage when he gets a super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom