• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyou

It doesn't look like I'll hit top 5k. The cut-off is something like 14.1 million, and I'm only at a little over 13. I'm not going to waste anymore stones, since the final tally will probably be somewhere around 15 million.

I would have grinded this tournament more, but without Broly (and even with the occasional friend Broly), I'm way too burned out from the last one. These things are draining. :/
Only doing 5 wins this time felt preeeetty good

chrono01

Only doing 5 wins this time felt preeeetty good
I should have done this, but I thought I'd be able to make Top 5k. :(

Oh well, I got my 80 wins so that's something at least? I'll save it for the pool update and likely get a Xeno Trunks for all of my hard work.

BrunoM

And that's that finally lol ..

Well grinder the last 5 hours this is my rank wirh 10 seconds left let's see how much it will change ...

Screenshot_2016-04-06-04-00-06.png

........... I did it! 4933 or something as of 3:50am est. 86 wins or so.

The funny thing is on the friends ranking list, I'm below people with lower points than me so something funky is going on. I'm probably much higher than it says I am in the rankings or lower even but I hope the former over the latter.

My Gold SSR ticket ended up being PHY Super Trunks which is meh but now I can have an all Trunks team lol. Hopeful my 2nd SSR ticket is something much better. I bought too many stones so in a day or 2 I should have enough for a multi, probably gonna save that for Buu Fest and hope for a Broly.

The hardest part about this tournament was that I had a 5 day work week this week which really screwed over my grinding attempts. Also the new damage model made it hard to actually focus on getting the proper targets for my units and it was more of a case of, survive the round with as much hp as possible. This tournament was the one where I ended up getting the least amount of goods and focused mostly on meat buns to gain back hp.

Friends list wise, Broly was pretty scare except when I got to my 70 wins which helped out a lot. Sadly the same goes for Turles, had to stick with STR SSJ3 Goku or SSG AGL Goku for Over in a Flash links.

Still much better than trying for 100 wins so there is that. Also big thanks to my items, rip all the STR Puar and some of my Ki items after continuous use.

Bah, ended up getting 9 Fattenks and 12 Povertenks. So close. Kinda miffed they shoved everything in the same time frame considering I wanted to collect Freeza medals for my other STR Freeza, but it is what it is.

I am glad that they decided to do the tourney now instead of this weekend since I'm at EGX Rezzed starting today. xD

........... I did it! 4933 or something as of 3:50am est. 86 wins or so.

The funny thing is on the friends ranking list, I'm below people with lower points than me so something funky is going on. I'm probably much higher than it says I am in the rankings or lower even but I hope the former over the latter.

It refreshes every so often so you don't get an exact idea of where your rank is. Generally it is higher than what's been posted if you are racking up points on a consistent basis.

Bah, ended up getting 9 Fattenks and 12 Povertenks. So close. Kinda miffed they shoved everything in the same time frame considering I wanted to collect Freeza medals for my other STR Freeza, but it is what it is.

I am glad that they decided to do the tourney now instead of this weekend since I'm at EGX Rezzed starting today. xD

It refreshes every so often so you don't get an exact idea of where your rank is. Generally it is higher than what's been posted if you are racking up points on a consistent basis.

Good to hear, should make it to top 5k.

Also I did not have any luck with the Gotenks event outside of 1 Fattenks which sucks since I have SSJ Blue TEQ Goku and Skinnytenks would have been a better one for me personally. At least my other account has a decent PHY now with Fattenks.

Good to hear, should make it to top 5k.

Also I did not have any luck with the Gotenks event outside of 1 Fattenks which sucks since I have SSJ Blue TEQ Goku and Skinnytenks would have been a better one for me personally. At least my other account has a decent PHY now with Fattenks.

Yeah, I was pushing hard for Fattenks since I have the PHY SSB Vegeta.

As for the rank, you'd probably make it a bit under the mark anyway since there's the cheating cull as well.

Whenever I see Juan or Pedro like people in the rankings, I can't help but wonder if they really are cheating or legit. Like the Broly with 300+ wins is legit as far as I know but those other 2 or the ones with like no wins but lots of points. Even if you restart prelims for a long time, you miss out on the 80 win SSR ticket so makes me wonder why. Though Rank 1-3 get more than 1 SSR ticket which is crazy lol.

yogloo

My MVP for this tournament is all of you guys.

Thank you for everyone who shared your brolies. You are the MVP. Made the tournament way more bearable.

BrunoM

My MVP for this tournament is all of you guys.

Thank you for everyone who shared your brolies. You are the MVP. Made the tournament way more bearable.
We all here for each other right .

Well let's see what our (mine) GSSR pills will be

Best of luck to all of you

Funny story about my Gold SSR ticket pull.

I only got SSJ2 Goku for the animation and ended up with SSJ PHY Super Trunks. That happened to me when I got SSJ AGL Super Vegeta earlier in the week.

I wonder if SSJ2 Goku means low tier SSRs lol.

MiTYH

Did two multi pulls. First was all SR garbage, second was all garbage minus an SSR TEQ Vegito. That was a welcome surprise! I'm about 14 stones away from another multi pull, so I'll probably do some story modes I'm missing to try one last time in the hopes of any other Dokkan-unit

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it was SSJ3 and Dokkan rainbow color on the garbage SR pull.... damn it!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I guess I will prepare for disappointment and throw a few single pulls a the dokkan fest

edit: 2 garbage R's, then he went SSJ3 on third pull --- int (fear's ultimate form) Golden frieza. Not sure if want?

denebj

Neo Member
huuuum
I died twice already on the buu event ...
I thought I had a good team for it :

- The 2 fails goten (SA 10)
- Ult Gohan
- Majin Vegeta
- AGL SSB
- STR Goku Broly

Should I get with blue for Stun ? What team/Strategy is suppose to be the best ?

That triple pull is pretty good ahahahhaha

I did 2 Multi Pull ... I cannot complain ... I got 3 SSR .... 1 Dupe Ult Gohan, 1 worthless TEQ Vegeta and 1 Trunk GT.
The rates was great but those SSR are not really useful :-/

Maxim726X

Was trying the same :/ Do you remember how many points you had at the end? Looks like 14,526,000 is the 5000ish ranking

I was ~3500 with 1.5 hours to go... Apparently that wasn't enough this go around.

Don't remember how many points I had in total. It's going to be real close, though.

Maxim726X

The summons for this has been pretty atrocious. Maybe my worse results yet.

I've actually spent a fair amount of money on this game to this point, but after a run of shitty pulls and a dupe SSR from my WT ticket- I just can't justify it anymore.

Still having fun with it and will continue playing, but this game desperately needs some kind of crafting system to get the cards you actually want without spending hundreds of dollars.

Savitar

I've actually spent a fair amount of money on this game to this point, but after a run of shitty pulls and a dupe SSR from my WT ticket- I just can't justify it anymore.

Still having fun with it and will continue playing, but this game desperately needs some kind of crafting system to get the cards you actually want without spending hundreds of dollars.

Everything you said right now is really speaking to me because it all applies to me right now. I don't want to say how many pulls I did but it was a lot. The results really sucked.

First 5 had me worried. Ultimate Gohan is good right? Seems like he at least has the skill for this event

Ult. Gohan is great. Also, you can change the size of the image by placing either l, m, or s before the .jpg to resize it if you're using imgur and not have to worry about a huge ass pic. :)

Like so! This is using m, so probably best to use l.

QxQi9Zrm.jpg

Kyou

Oh whoops sorry I hit the spoiler button instead of the quote button and didn't notice because mobile resizes anyway. My bad!

BrunoM

I was ~3500 with 1.5 hours to go... Apparently that wasn't enough this go around.

Don't remember how many points I had in total. It's going to be real close, though.
3400 ish with 15M well 14.9 ..

So if you are close by it you should be save

Best of luck

Maxim726X

Everything you said right now is really speaking to me because it all applies to me right now. I don't want to say how many pulls I did but it was a lot. The results really sucked.

Yeah I guess it's the nature of the genre, but at some point you're just flushing money/stones down the toilet without much recourse.

At least in Hearthstone you can turn dupes into dust, and use that dust to create the card that you want. It's a great system and it would make it easier for me to justify spending real ass money on this game.

Though to be fair, I've been playing since it came out and still playing just about every day. Certainly has been worth playing to this point.

3400 ish with 15M well 14.9 ..

So if you are close by it you should be save

Best of luck

Thanks, wish that the glitch still worked.

Even with an all STR team, he hits like a truck.

I think the key of beating him is to kill him fast before he scales up to 3 attacks per turn. Bring stalling items like Ghost usher and Ox King to buy time.

I didn't have much trouble with Broly in comparison to Kid Buu.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Beat Buu first time go. Thanking my lucky stars I got SS3 Goku to SA10. 500k-ish supers feels good man.
Damn. I wasn't able to super with my SSJ3 at all the first two times. Mine is at SA 8.
I think I'll just nuke buu at this point. It's too annoying trying to do it the regular way.
I'm able to nuke but the part where it's a three stage fight worries me. The second stage always supers on the first attack and it HURTS. So I'd either need to nuke immediately there or save a spot for a ghost usher or something

Pretty scared of even attempting the Buu dungeon. I need 10 medals for my AGL Kid Buu, but I don't have a great team for it I think, and I really don't want to use any stones. On top of that, 40 stamina is a lot to sink into something that you're probably no match for.

Savitar

Buu Dokkan Festival rates are shit,lower than the Cell ones.

Also against Buu stunners are king again, use Blue and Evil Goku face.

Damn. I wasn't able to super with my SSJ3 at all the first two times. Mine is at SA 8.

I'm able to nuke but the part where it's a three stage fight worries me. The second stage always supers on the first attack and it HURTS. So I'd either need to nuke immediately there or save a spot for a ghost usher or something

Fat buu is really easy,it's evil buu that can be really annoying. I'd save the nuke for kid buu of course. With orb changers you can nuke 2 times anyways. It's just the candy can get in the way.

You know what, I can't even complain. Brand new SSR and a great one at that. ^^

25676597953_6fae427c4b_c.jpg

Thankfully I have the luxury of running double Broly when it shows up in my friend's list. I'm also using Ghost Usher like crazy!

Whaaaa? How do you get so many dupes? :0

It's all Old Kais from the tournaments. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom